What Is The Best Linux Distro In 2021?

legacyfan

Im Thinking of switching to linux and need to know what One Is  the Best in 2021 my computer  is a dell latitude e6430 toshiba 298gb hdd intel hd graphics 4000 and I like easy linux versions my specs: intel(r) hd graphics 4000  intel(r) core[tm] i5-3320m @ 2.50ghz  intel(r)centrino(r) advanced n 6205  

Edited by legacyfan

• dencorso changed the title to What Is The Best Linux Distro In 2021?

More specifications please! About your computer, where you want to install Linux on and about your experience level on the command line. Does a shell disgusts you or does it make you feel powerful?

The different Linux systems (called distributions) have different philosophies. Although they behave the same in their core, their user interface look quite different from each other.

I use Salix, a little system, running well on a weak netbook from 2007 with 800 MHz. But it's a niche Linux system (Slackware-based), meaning that there are less programs available for it and you have to dig deeper for manuals sometimes. The 32-Bit software is getting a bit old, but still nothing too dramatic. It's not the most user friendly, but it's very stable. My best installation on a little newer netbook is like 4 years old and it's very stable, which is characteristic for Slackware-based Linux systems. They might lack the absolute newest software though.

Linux Mint is quite popular. I think people without Linux experience so far might succeed more quickly with Linux Mint, as it's easier to use.

I also use Linux Mint. I chose the Xfce version because in my experience, I've had fewer bugs and problems with it. Mint is a nice, fully featured Linux distro for a desktop or laptop, and your computer is more than powerful enough to run it.

• legacyfan changed the title to What Is The Best Linux Distro In 2021?