Is there any way to permanently uninstall the new Edge?

Octopuss

This crap is killing me. I am installing a new notebook for my mother in law, and this garbage even somehow managed to install MsOffice onto the machine.

I googled it up and while I did manage to find a way to do this (executing c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\<version number>\Installer\setup.exe -uninstall -system-level -verbose-logging -force-uninstall), it seems like the thing is reinstalled with each cumulative update. Powershell flat out refuses to do anything since it's part of the OS.

There is also a folder in \Window\systemapps which some sources suggest to rename, but that didn't work either. I tried changing ownership and permissions of that folder but I don't think that will do anything.

Does anyone know about a way of getting rid of this abomination? (and I thought the original Edge was bad - at least it didn't do anything)

it seems like the thing is reinstalled with each cumulative update

i'd go this way:

if OS always returns same crap, why not fool the OS that you have it, but you actually don't.

a simple example, on win XP, when SP2 came out, MS inserted a stupid service that appears every time user browsed through (i guess) large amount of files in folder
which cripple the system to stall, service itself supposed to be some sort of protective thing ... but whatever, safest thing was to replace the calling service with
an app which didn't do anyting, but unload the second it was called for :P

https://www.ghacks.net/2009/06/22/dud-is-a-program-that-does-nothing/