has windows update for windows 7 been shut down?

legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to Has Windows Update For 7 Get Shut Down?

26 minutes ago, VistaEX said:

I Cant Get Windows Update To Run Any More I Think They Shut It Down Just Like Vista-XP :no:

Capture.PNG

You need to have the SHA update to Windows 7. It does not work before that SHA update (meaning anything older than 2019)

If this is a new installation of Windows 7 RTM, then your very first step is to manually install KB976932 (a.k.a. Service Pack 1).

The following Microsoft link might also prove helpful (although I doubt it):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-update-sha-1-based-endpoints-discontinued-for-older-windows-devices-10b58bd9-5ba2-b23d-498b-139ce5c709af

MS has created additional inconvenience lately. They broke selfupdate of the Windows Update Client. The good news is there is no need to mess with version 7.6.7600.320 anymore.

Give KB3138612 a shot.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3138612

Regards, VZ

Edited by Volume Z

9 minutes ago, VistaEX said:

It Says Update Not applicable to my Computer What Do I Do Now Its Still Not Fixed I Think Windows Broke It Say I Installed Sp1 But WinVer Says Its Not Installed  This Is Really Strange:dubbio:

SP1 is a prerequisite for KB3138612, so the update may be “not applicable” because you are not running SP1. Other possibilities: The update is already installed, or you downloaded the wrong file. (The 32-bit version is of course the one that does NOT say “for x64-based systems”.)

8 minutes ago, VistaEX said:

I Got The The 64 Bit Version And Tested It Says sp1 Is Already Installed

Capture.PNG

Now I wonder what KB2533552 is (not  SP1)? ...Are you trying to install that because you got an error message trying to install SP1 as described here? SP1 does not appear to be prerequisite for that update