Is using an OS for the feeling of using it or for the practicality of using it? Why do / don't you use Windows 10?

sunryze

11 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

Okay, so I think I found my solution. I'm testing out LTSB 2015 (based on the RTM version) and so far it is working fine. I don't have a problem with colorless title bars, and this is the most 8.1 like Windows 10. It still gets updates because its LTSB and it seems to be working fine as well.

If you are using versions of Windows 10 before the official colored title bar fix, you could try this: https://winaero.com/get-colored-title-bars-in-windows-10/

8 hours ago, xpclient said:

If you are using versions of Windows 10 before the official colored title bar fix, you could try this: https://winaero.com/get-colored-title-bars-in-windows-10/

Well that situation didn't last long. Seemed like my AMD drivers did not work well, the driver kept crashing every time I ran any type of 3D application. AMD drivers are pretty unstable sometimes, and I was lucky to even get it to function at all on the RTM build. After that disaster, I did finally realize that Windows 10 isn't as bad as it was when it came out in 2015. I eventually just threw a fresh copy of 7 on my PC and gonna go with it. Any problems, it is what it is. I already fixed my multi-monitor issue and now the only thing stopping me from certain things is programs not working, which also that doesn't exist because all my programs work.

I can see how some people use 10 nowadays, but personally I just really don't like 10 lately. When the UI refresh comes out, ill try it again.

This week I had a problem with a Windows 10 VM. The sound dissapeared misteriously. As a friend of mine told, the thing is that the audio service couldn't start due to problem with another things, so I needed to reinstall Windows 10. That VM has dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 7 there still works properly! That issue only affects Windows 10. And that Windows 10 was a stable version (20H2).

22 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

This week I had a problem with a Windows 10 VM. The sound dissapeared misteriously. As a friend of mine told, the thing is that the audio service couldn't start due to problem with another things, so I needed to reinstall Windows 10. That VM has dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 7 there still works properly! That issue only affects Windows 10. And that Windows 10 was a stable version (20H2).

Stable version (20H2? Nothing about Windows 10 is stable apart from it is crap and that is a constant that hasn't changed...sound problems have plagued Windows 10 and especially 20H2....Several of my customers have had no choice but to buy new sound cards....BUT there is no guarantee with that either...Microsoft still think they can fix problems with drivers....BUT instead cause more problems!!

bookie32

My opinion is that Windows Vista Business or Ultimate SP2 x64 (with extended kernel) or Windows 7-8.1 Pro/Pro with WMC are good for the work that I currently do (moderate multitasking, typical student's work and virtualisation). Vista is my daily driver and I have extended kernel to use websites that, unfortunately, don't work with the great @roytam1's browsers (Google Meet and WhatsApp Web for example). I prefer it over Win7 because I have found it to be a teeny tiny bit faster than snappier than Windows 7 on the same hardware. Also, I will use Vista until when it becomes completely obsolete.

Now that does not mean that I don't like Windows 7. But I have found it to be a teeny tiny bit slower than Vista and 8.x.

Coming to Win8.x, Windows 8 and 8.1 with UI tweaks are super responsive, even on systems like my Dell Inspiron 15 3567 with i3-6006u, 4GB RAM and a 1TB 5400rpm HDD (surely gonna upgrade to 8GB RAM, an i5 and some SSD with this HDD as storage drive), as opposed to Windoze 10, which is slow and unresponsive for 95% of the time.

Windows XP x64 and 2000 x64 are also possible options but XP's default theme is quite boring to me, I must say, but I have corrected this on my VM by installing the Zune theme, which looks way, way better. Also ,Win2000's classic theme is good, but Vista's and Win7's Aero is more eye-catching than it. In fact, I'd really love to use XP or Win2K x64 but stuff like software compatibility (I need VMware Workstation 12 and nothing under that for specific reasons), a not-so-organised file explorer (which Vista and above have) and the inability to run the latest Chrome (I know about 360Chrome and that you can tweak it to an extent and protect your privacy and browse the latest websites on XP and Win2K, but, yeah, it is Chinese), Firefox, Google Earth, etc.etc. are what discourage me from using them. 

Reasons why I loathe Win10:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181650-in-your-opinion-what-are-the-bestworst-versions-of-microsoft-windows/?do=findComment&comment=1189655
https://msfn.org/board/topic/181650-in-your-opinion-what-are-the-bestworst-versions-of-microsoft-windows/?do=findComment&comment=1193224
https://msfn.org/board/topic/182022-official-windows-10-worst-crap-ever/?do=findComment&comment=1193314

Edited by Win10-Hater
added some stuff and removed unnecessary spaces

20 minutes ago, Micro-Scopic Soft-ware said:

In my opinion all windows versions suck , They all have spying , They all connect to Microsoft servers , Not only windows 10 , Remember that Windows is made By MICROSOFT , And Microsoft Cannot be trusted

One can agree on the fact that they have spying but....that doesn't make the OS bad...just Microsoft....

Tell us what you use if you have this opinion....

bookie56

52 minutes ago, bookie32 said:

One can agree on the fact that they have spying but....that doesn't make the OS bad...just Microsoft....

Tell us what you use if you have this opinion....

bookie56

Yes that doesn't make the OS bad , It also has problems such as Forced updates and A huge chunk of bloatware in it that you probably will never use

39 minutes ago, Micro-Scopic Soft-ware said:

Yes that doesn't make the OS bad , It also has problems such as Forced updates and A huge chunk of bloatware in it that you probably will never use

Ok....but you are talking in general about Windows....if you don't like Windows...what do you personally use?

bookie32

I mentioned in my previous post a problem with sound. That's not a driver problem, that is related with services and similar things. I'm sure of that, because I connected my usb card to the vm, but it still didn't had sound. And I can't do nothing without sound because I can't use Windows without a screen reader.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Practicality. It happens to work for me and with a bunch of annoyances in older versions, transition wasn't particularly shocking.

I have used to use it because "Its Windows 7!" but now im transitioning myself over into not caring what im using. It's Windows 10 and it works for what I do, even though its not my preference.