Do you plan on continuing to use vista (Vista Talk)

legacyfan

Do you plan on continuing to use vista? (poll)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. do you plan on continuing to use vista? (Poll)

This poll is closed to new votes

The Poll is now closed but i will leave this thread open for talking about anything vista enjoy:D (this topic is for talk about windows vista only now and the poll has now closed)

Edited by legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to Do You Plan On Continueing To use vista In 2021-beyond? (Poll)

I use Vista in a VM, so the host hardware doesn't matter so much (it runs fine on my i5-6700K this way).

If I want to use it on real hardware, I have a 2.8 GHz P4 and a Dell Latitude D630 I can install it on, as well as numerous other machines.

If there were an easy way to patch it so it runs trouble-free on newer hardware, that would be neat, if only so I can do it "because I can".

c

Edited by cc333

• dencorso changed the title to Do you plan on continuing to use vista in 2021-beyond? (Poll)

I don't necessarily think it's unsafe, but I was finding that Vista was showing issues with modern browsers and some software working properly with Server 2008 updates after March 2018.

However, the VistaEx/KernelEx add-ons may solve the compatibility issues.

• legacyfan changed the title to Do you plan on continuing to use vista in 2021-beyond? (Poll) (Updated)
  • 3 weeks later...

Windows Vista x64 / Server 2008 R1 x64 is quite a pleasant operating system on modern hardware I shall say; thus my answer is yes and no. It may not be my main operating system of choice; although it is a nice go to as experienced in the past. I shall keep it around for testing and just for the hell of it because there is Indeed quality to be found in that NT 6.0 OS.

• legacyfan changed the title to Do you plan on continuing to use vista (Vista Talk)