MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

7 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Another tweak while in HxD Hex Editor is to zero-out the IP Address for "SystemHostResolverCall" (without the quotes).

Actually this is my discovery, so should be polite to mention me. And I still do not have any answers why the much beloved russian (KGB or not) repackers "missed" out that important part completely. I mean , c'mon , russians are so cool at hacking (that's what they tell us on TV , no ?) , so how come they didn't "notice" ?  Actually, they "missed" out lots of telemetry parts and codes generated by 360 Chromium to link each user to the PC he's using at the moment and much , much more...

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182304-extreme-explorer-360-chromium-78-86-general-discussion/page/15/?tab=comments#comment-1194253

Edited by Dixel
link

It would be interesting to check whether the port blocking to prevent NAT Slipstreaming attacks is in progress in this browser as well.

MSFN members can use the same test link, and modify it for the various ports, which I posted in the other thread.

The mistake is:

ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

It is interesting to note that in Chrome-based browsers there is no possibility to block a port that is currently not blocked, such as 10080.
But only the ability to enable doors to block with the flag below:

--explicitly-allowed-ports=69,137

Good test to all MSFN members who have this curiosity.:hello:

Edited by Sampei.Nihira
  • Like 1