Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

It really all boils down to USER PREFERENCE.

There is no such thing as a "best browser".

Operating system plays a role.

Available RAM plays a role.

Can the same browser be used on six different computers running different operating systems and different RAM and clock spec's all play a role.

Browser A will always perform best on web site U, V, and W.

Browser B will always perform best on web site X, Y, and Z.

Browser C will always have a GUI more intuitive and ergonomic than Browser D.

Browser E will always handle RAM better than Browser F.

Browser G will have a wider range of available extensions than Browser H.

et cetera...

It all boils down to USER PREFERENCE, what balance best fits the USER.

Besides 360EE, I like Cent Browser. Among the chromoclones, they have no equal. In terms of functionality, settings and convenience. Vivaldi doesn't count. It is slow, has a heavy hinged interface on the framework (practically, the browser works in the browser). There are a lot of unnecessary things in it. Mozilla and its clones are now worse at work. Now WEB is Google. Mozilla is also very eager to become Chrome.

• dencorso unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, those of you that use 360 Chrome on XP, do you use it for "high-security" websites like Online Banking sites? Do you worry of any security risks that can happen. As it's been mentioned above, I understand that people are concerned of lots of security things that would have warranted them to stay away from XP, but for the lots of you that are willing to compromise for the efficiency of XP, are you using 360 for critical security websites involving banking?

As I have been observing over the years, more and more websites are moving onto Lazy Loading features that are very much unsupported in Chrome versions below 60, with only Chrome 70 onwards having much more stable support for lazy loading scripts. Any websites that implements such features will no longer work properly in old Chromes. So one can only look to 360 and probable a very few others to be able to continue using those sites.

Also, there exists a version of 360 Browser downloadable here which is termed Modified. May I know what are the important differences between the Modified and the vanilla version? I suppose the Modified should include quite a number of removal of supposedly spying or privacy related things like sending usage patterns or data back to 360?

1 hour ago, drainer said:

Just wondering, those of you that use 360 Chrome on XP, do you use it for "high-security" websites like Online Banking sites? Do you worry of any security risks that can happen.

I use my 360Chrome rebuilds on five different insurance websites, four different billpay websites, too-many-to-count online shopping websites, three different 401k websites, two retirement IRA websites, three credit card websites, two savings accounts websites, and a checking account website.  I run a small business out of my home and most of these are business accounts.  ZERO worries!  Trust it WAY MORE than Firefox builds!  Full disclosure - the ONLY browser I trust more is one called Iridium but make sure you disable the Safe Browsing and DNS prediction "features" (there may be others, those two come to mind as enabled by default).  I don't personally use it but I am familiar with it.  It does require Win7 or higher (which is why I don't use it).

Also, there exists a version of 360 Browser downloadable here which is termed Modified.

The "modified" versions are rebuilds by Humming Owl.

There is also a set of modified builds by me that are commonly referred to as "rebuild" and "ungoogled".

The two sets exists in separate threads.

I encourage trying BOTH and letting your own personal preference dictate which you like best.

May I know what are the important differences between the Modified and the vanilla version?

Me and Humming Owl both remove the telemetry aspects.

We do have slightly different approaches but both approaches are effective and extensively tested by a small number of MSFN members.

I prefer to go one step further and do a ton of GUI modifications on top of just telemetry removals.

Which you prefer is really a matter of personal preference.

I suggest trying BOTH and you won't offend either one of us if you opt for his versus mine, mine versus his.

Hope that helps and keep us posted.

Howdy all ;)

Hope everyone is doing just fine this lovely Saturday.

Again; I'm learning and still quite novice to these browsers. As I've said ... being a FF guy, its quite a learning curve for me and I rely (heavily) on other member's here in addiction to doing my own research to begin to understand the way chrome browsers work.

So, I've spent the last 2 hours combing through threads and am trying to find out how you guys came up with host file entries for these browsers. I see some old posting of folks posting host file entries to block. Is there an updated host file listing for our amazing 360? What I'm asking (struggling to fine a way to ask), is, how did you come with with those entries? Is there a program to use so I can come up with my own?

Thus far, very impressed with the browser and I'm finally getting around to trying @Humming Owl 's builds; but am unsure how to ad my command-line-switches [--enable-strict-mixed-content-checking --ssl-version-min=tls1.2] without the loader from the @ArcticFoxie builds.

Sorry for so many questions and I hope to not bother anybody by my lack of knowledge.

I'm a fungi :blink:

EDIT: K ... I accidentally wrote addiction, when, of course, I mean addition. Oh please, I'll leave it, I'm an open book and have dealt with addiction much of my life and have come a long way, and, an now. 100% clean and sober! See, I'm genuine :)

TY @ArcticFoxie for the program.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Edited by XPerceniol

Hi

22 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Thus far, very impressed with the browser and I'm finally getting around to trying @Humming Owl 's builds; but am unsure how to ad my command-line-switches [--enable-strict-mixed-content-checking --ssl-version-min=tls1.2] without the loader from the @ArcticFoxie builds.

It's not your lack of knowledge, but your lack of memory about solutions you already know.

You just have to add the commands with a space each time to the location of the shortcut for it to be taken into account by 360chrome.

2 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

It's not your lack of knowledge, but your lack of memory about solutions you already know.

Hello there..

Well, actually, its a bit of both thank you for the reminder  ... sometimes I forget what I ate for dinner last night; but that's another story all together.

Of course; I know to create a shortcut to chrome and add the switches, but as I stated, I still find some confusion between the ArcticFoxie and Humming Own builds. Whist one used the loader, the other doesn't and I was unsure that I could just use a shortcut in this instance.

I understand some members are better at explaining things than others, so stating the obvious to somebody asking a (polite) question isn't (always) the best approach. But all is well and any advice about the browser in question or my mind/memory is also not a problem. 

Going forward: I'll try again to ask questions if I need to, unless I feel I'm being "roasted" by other members at my expense, hence I would (in turn) have ask questions on another forum - which would be absurd since this my home forum and I'm asking in re to browsers being discussed here.

Please make NO mistake; I won't be made a fool on a public forum when asking appropriate questions in the correct sub-forum (as I did - general question) so please understand as I clearly stated; I'm new to this and am very grateful to those that have helped me here with computer issues.

Enjoy your day/evening everyone.

Sincerely Yours..

XPerceniol

PS: I don't know as he has not given me permissions to say such, and I'll edit and remove if he prefers so. Thank  you @Dixel very much for allowing me to test and use your build; as well :)

Edited by XPerceniol

16 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

PS: I don't know as he has not given me permissions to say such, and I'll edit and remove if he prefers so. Thank  you @Dixel very much for allowing me to test and use your build; as well :)

Oh , it's absolutely fine ! I already shared my version with four members , as of now. You don't need to add any flags to my version since all of the most important/useful are already included inside . But you need to start it from the starter with the red icon only. If you want to change/add the flags , just say so.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, VistaLover said:

... I'm not following closely :rolleyes: the developments in this thread (am notified via e-mails, though :whistle:), but are you people here aware of

https://github.com/NeverDecaf/chromium-web-store

? It is supposed to re-enable CWS functionality in Ungoogled-Chromium, perhaps it can also be used in your "ungoogled" 360EE flavours? :dubbio:

On 9/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This restores the "Add to" button in ungoogled-360Chrome but it doesn't actually 'add to', it downloads the .crx instead and the user still has to manually drag-and-drop to the extension page to install.

On 9/29/2021 at 6:56 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Same effect in official "ungoogled-chromium".

It restores the "Add to" button but it doesn't actually 'add to', all I got was an error that says extensions cannot be loaded from this page (Official Chrome Web Store).

May revisit later but for now I'm sticking with a "regular" and an "ungoogled" version and advanced users will already know how to download and manually install extensions in the "ungoogled" version.

Did you see this at the Github page?

You must change the flag chrome://flags/#extension-mime-request-handling to Always prompt for install if you are using ungoogled-chromium. The majority of issues reported by users are solved by setting this flag.

Unfortunately, that flag doesn't exist (AFAICS) in 360EE v13. So it's impossible to make the extension work in that version. It doesn't even restore the Add to Chrome button in v13!

But it might work in v11 or v12. A screen shot at the Github page showed Chrome v76, which is pretty close to 360EE v12. Even if it won't work, restoring the button is a convenience, even if it only downloads the .crx and doesn't install it.

Whether or not you can get the extension to work, I'm not sure it's worth making additional builds just to include it. Just flesh out the instructions in post 1 of your thread and let folks download and install it if they want.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:19 AM, IXOYE said:

...solutions you already know....

Hi there..

Just wanted to say, you've been very helpful in the past, and I am always greatful. I feel a bit bad that I came off so harsh; perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day ... hopefully you can forgive for a bad day as we are all entitled to such. 

<OT>

I think I need to add more seafood to my diet so I hear that is helpful for the memory. I think I read that somewhere but can't recall: See what I mean :)

<OT>

Take good care

On 11/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, Mathwiz said:

I'm not sure it's worth making additional builds just to include it.

The route I am considering is a "Build Your Own All-in-One" where ALL versions are contained within ONE download.

What this would enable folks to do is run the "standard" to install their extensions directly from the Chrome Web Store but then they could switch over to the "ungoogled" to prevent the Google telemetry.

Whenever they need to visit the Chrome Web Store, they'd just have to run the "Builder" to switch back to "standard", install their extension, then run the "Builder" again to switch back to "ungoogled".

• 4 weeks later...

yo Extreme Explorer 360 It is not completely working on my computer and the only thing that can help is the task manager or restarting And just explain to me how to fix it?

image.thumb.png.059e4a69cc336ebf4b498c63014fba43.png

Edited by ginger334

21 minutes ago, ginger334 said:

yo Extreme Explorer 360 It is not completely working on my computer and the only thing that can help is the task manager or restarting And just explain to me how to fix it?

image.thumb.png.059e4a69cc336ebf4b498c63014fba43.png

From what I see that isn't the latest version of the browser.

Download the latest from here --> https://archive.org/details/360EE_Modified_Version

I think pressing the Escape key was the solution to that problem (only at the very first run of the browser).

Cheers.