Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

7 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Dixel's v13 is the only version where this cookie will clear on exit like it is supposed to.

One simply can't beat the Dutch quality .

Made in Holland , Made with Love , Made by Dixel.

P.S.

Thank you for the kind words.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:41 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

Updated links for my v11 and v12 rebuilds.  Might be another day or so before I can update my v13 (I haven't visited it in a while and unsure of how many fixes/tweaks it is behind relative to v11 and v12).

These fix a Google "feature" present since Chrome v69 where a Google cookie is stored in 'local storage' and does not clear on exit despite the user's preference to clear cache and cookies on exit (so no real effect for those that keep cookies from session to session).  It also disables a few depracated embedded APIs (that were disabled in early v13 rebuilds but not 100% positive if they remained disabled in later v13 rebuilds after I merged my rebuild notes with some Humming Owl tweaks).

A quick note - an easy way to UPGRADE and KEEP your current profile (needs performed when 360Chrome is closed)  --  navigate to your CURRENT Chrome\Application directory (contains two folders and two files), DELETE the two folders and two files, COPY the two folders and two files from the below .zip into that Chrome\Application directory.  When UPGRADING, you keep your existing 360Loader.ini, 360Loader.exe, and Chrome\User Data folder untouched.

Latest v 12 1247 r 6 has serious problem: no more download button on Chrome Web Store ("Add to Chrome").

MBAM scan: no problem... but found 360Chrome 2 keys in Registry...I left them there.

So I've removed this build here, for now...

Edited by msfntor

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

Latest v 12 1247 r 6 has serious problem: no more download button on Chrome Web Store ("Add to Chrome").

Same is true for @Dixel's v13.

Hmmm...  I hope we don' thave to "allow" an unwanted persistent Google cookie when NOT visiting the Web Store just to be able to use the Web Store when we want to use the Web Store.

I may end up KEEPING this "side effect" in my own personal-use version, but I will return the Chrome Web Store functionality to the public-use uploaded version.

I download .crx files from https://www.crx4chrome.com/, modify locally, then install locally.  I never actually install directly from the Web Store.

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

but found 360Chrome 2 keys in Registry...I left them there.

Can you please tell me the key name?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360chrome is created WHILE the browser is running, but should DELETE ITSELF when the browser is closed.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

13 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I may end up KEEPING this "side effect" in my own personal-use version, but I will return the Chrome Web Store functionality to the public-use uploaded version.

I download .crx files from https://www.crx4chrome.com/, modify locally, then install locally.  I never actually install directly from the Web Store.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360chrome is created WHILE the browser is running, but should DELETE ITSELF when the browser is closed.

Hello there..

Yes ... I would rather deal with that side effect as I don't use the store. Both 11 and 12 work fine for me.

Here are the keys that remain:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

@ArcticFoxie

this is not so bad, if you restore this store function.

We are men, not machines... I want you to know that I have full confidence in you!

HKCU\Software\360chrome key is persistent in my Registry, also present if I don't start 360Chrome build. It has 7 subkeys.

I've already found the culprit for the Web Store.

Ungoogled Chromium (v88 tested in Win7  --  https://chromium.woolyss.com/ ) does the same thing, no "Add to Chrome" button!

This to me is not a "side effect" but rather a PREFERENCE in much the same way that I always preferred "Ungoogled Chromium" over the "regular" version.

I'll see if I can find a different way to prevent the unwanted persistent Google cookie.

At the very least, I may have to go a route similar to what https://chromium.woolyss.com/ takes  --  two releases, one "regular" one "ungoogled".

10 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

You have something causing a "lock" then.  That is not normal portable loader behavior, something is causing a "lock".

Have you rebooted?  Does Task Manager verify that 360Chrome is indeed closed?

Yes, I've rebooted, but in Registry these 360Chrome keys are still always.... Yes, my Process Hacker says that no more 360Chrome here... too PowerTool, PCHunter, ProcNetMonitor...

7 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Very strange indeed.

I don't know how to see what is "locking" the registry entry from being deleted.

You seem to have some "security program" preventing you from deleting that registry entry.

My Registry is NOT locked, because I'm able to erase what I wish.