Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

Updated links for my v11 and v12 rebuilds.

These now by default assume the user wishes to keep cookies from session to session (my logins would stay logged in from session to session, "mileage may vary").

I personally clear cache and cookies at every browser exit but several users new to my builds prefer session-to-session workability and more advanced users will know how to change settings and the loader .ini for more advanced needs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2roh9848dwapzy1/360ChromePortable_11.0.2031_rebuild_1.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55z2z082oeu87m9/360ChromePortable_12.0.1247_rebuild_5.zip

15 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Updated links for my v11 and v12 rebuilds.

These now by default assume the user wishes to keep cookies from session to session (my logins would stay logged in from session to session, "mileage may vary").

I personally clear cache and cookies at every browser exit but several users new to my builds prefer session-to-session workability and more advanced users will know how to change settings and the loader .ini for more advanced needs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2roh9848dwapzy1/360ChromePortable_11.0.2031_rebuild_1.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55z2z082oeu87m9/360ChromePortable_12.0.1247_rebuild_5.zip

Extreme speed, thank you! (12, rebuild 5)

Edit:

Examples (with Page Speed Monitor and uBlock extensions), could have the reload:

frogfind.com: Page fully loaded after 153 ms (0.15 s)! - average 0.18 s.

google.com: Page fully loaded after 231 ms (0.23 s)! - av 0.26 s. - without gstatic started...

html5test.com: ".. 535 OUT OF 555 POINTS"

"You are using Chrome Dev 93.0.4577.82 on Windows 7" - thanks to user-agent added in 360Loader.ini.

..so NO MORE getting an outdated browser warning on etsy.com!

Edited by msfntor

Hi

On 9/18/2021 at 8:15 AM, Hunterw said:
On 9/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, rereser said:

add text below to the last line in the 360loader.ini at [FileToRun] and put a space before the --.

--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.82 Safari/537.36"

have fun.

I don't have any 360loader.ini. Does v12 have one?

You do not need "loader.ini" to have "User Agent" in Chrome, it is necessary to create a shortcut of your PRG 360Chrome.exe and then add in the properties of the shortcut the definition of the user agent, and then You verify with this address its operation by running the shortcut of the PRG.

2021-09-19.jpg.312ad00317e04a355621373c47de9f50.jpg

You have to leave a space between "and --

On 9/18/2021 at 7:36 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

For users of my most-recent builds (particularly those that clear their cache and cookies on exit), please keep an eye on your locally stored cookies  --  chrome://settings/cookies

Please let me know if you are seeing a Google cookie that does not clear on exit.

I have not watched this behavior in the past so am unsure if this is a new behavior or something I just did not notice in the past.

I use Google Voice and Google Sheets so I am unsure if the cookie I am seeing is due to those web sites or not.

Just curious at this stage...

Extremely easy to block this Chrome-based "feature".

Add * www.google.com cookie block as a uMatrix rule.

You can still log into all Google apps just log in from the app page itself instead of www.google.com.

Disregard.  Cookie still shows up and doesn't clear despite settings to clear on exit.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

All of my versions have this www.google.com cookie show up and it does not clear if you set to clear cache/cookies on exit.

I've only tested @Humming Owl's v13 and it also has this www.google.com cookie show up and not clear.

@Dixel's v13 is the only version where this cookie will clear on exit like it is supposed to.

Still digging...

I shall wait when (if) @Dixel shares his version with me ... that doesn't mean I'm not grateful to you guys @ArcticFoxie, @Humming Owl , thank you ! Your browser works very good with Nvidia drivers up to 347.88 , but not with later ones , sadly... I think I'm gunna use it on my old notebook with intel HD.

Now this cookie story came to the light...

On 7/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

research into ungoogled-chromium (version 88.0.4324.190) follow-up:

contains Cloud Print (file 152 in resources.pak)  --  but two URLs were modified from containing the word google to now containing the word 9oo91e (the g's were changed to 9's and the l was changed to a 1) [note: .qjz9zk/]

same two URLs were modified in same fashion for embedded Web Store extension (file 155)

PDF Viewer remains intact (file 156)  --  ungoogled adds 'wasm-eval' to content_security_policy where 360Chrome does not [note: possibly due to v86 versus v88, not sure]

Feedback remains intact (file 160)  --  100% identical  !!!

CryptoToken remains intact (file 162)  --  100% identical  !!!

Identity API Scope (file 10643) modifies one URL in same fashion as Cloud Print and Web Store

So based on this, "ungoogled" KEEPS the Feedback and CryptoToken embedded extensions 100% fully intact, only modifies security policy for the PDF Viewer, and "breaks" Cloud Print, Web Store, and Identity API by doing nothing but changing URLs.

Since my rebuild uses the --js-flags=--noexpose_wasm command line switch, we are not affected by the security policy for the PDF Viewer.

So from this, I'm content with "breaking" Cloud Print, Web Store, and Identity API  --  ungoogled-chromium has a LARGE following and they kept Feedback and CryptoToken 100% fully intact so I see no reason to not follow their lead.

Quoting myself to bring this back to the "top" of the thread.

Testing these changes in v12 and their effect on an unwanted www.google.com cookie that does not auto-delete in my previous versions nor in Humming Owl's v13 (did not test other Humming Owl versions but I suspect they suffer this same feat).

Updated links for my v11 and v12 rebuilds.  Might be another day or so before I can update my v13 (I haven't visited it in a while and unsure of how many fixes/tweaks it is behind relative to v11 and v12).

These fix a Google "feature" present since Chrome v69 where a Google cookie is stored in 'local storage' and does not clear on exit despite the user's preference to clear cache and cookies on exit (so no real effect for those that keep cookies from session to session).  It also disables a few depracated embedded APIs (that were disabled in early v13 rebuilds but not 100% positive if they remained disabled in later v13 rebuilds after I merged my rebuild notes with some Humming Owl tweaks).

A quick note - an easy way to UPGRADE and KEEP your current profile (needs performed when 360Chrome is closed)  --  navigate to your CURRENT Chrome\Application directory (contains two folders and two files), DELETE the two folders and two files, COPY the two folders and two files from the below .zip into that Chrome\Application directory.  When UPGRADING, you keep your existing 360Loader.ini, 360Loader.exe, and Chrome\User Data folder untouched.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v45xr0pj9g4ka7a/360ChromePortable_11.0.2031_rebuild_2.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aozhovtrevt4dii/360ChromePortable_12.0.1247_rebuild_6.zip

Edited by ArcticFoxie