Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

Ok, thanks for your tips and welcome to the Stinkpad Club, I also have one T23, one A31 and a dead T61p.

I have some family matters to take care of but hopefully I'll start tinkering during the weekend.

One odd thing I noticed is that using the touchpad totally "destroys" youtube and it happens with all 360 versions I've tried. Also happens with Mypal/New Moon28/Serpent52-55 but not that bad.

With roytam1's K-Meleon right out of the box(no extra add-ons) I can move the mouse pointer constantly while watching videos at 360p without distortion. Using 480p is on the limit, 720p audio/video really bad even if I don't touch anything.

Before adding more extension to your 12.0.1247_rebuild2 which now is my main browser I'll start with removing everything that has to do with Ultranav/trackpoint/Synaptics and use an external mouse instead of the touchpad. The fingerprint reader, modem and HD protection are already disabled.

Don't waste your time on your old T43, I'm fine with your 360-version for daily use and K-Meleon for youtube so maybe you can finetune 360_v12 making it even better.:)

Wish me luck! Think positive, think Thinkpad!...:lol:

On 9/1/2021 at 12:51 PM, Humming Owl said:

What theme are you using?

spacer.png

I don't know what this is called. I have the mouse over the refresh button. Note it is highlighted in square. When I load a page, it becomes an X (stop). When the page is loaded it goes back to that static icon.

About travelocity: Thank you all, I was being an id***, adguard was preventing the page from loading for some dumb reason. :)

28 minutes ago, Hunterw said:

I don't know what this is called. I have the mouse over the refresh button. Note it is highlighted in square. When I load a page, it becomes an X (stop). When the page is loaded it goes back to that static icon.

Yeah, the thing about that theme you are using is that it has a very little animation for the refresh button (only 4 frames). You might want to change to the "Chrome" theme that has a larger animation integrated.

To change it go to the "User Data --> Default" path and search for a file called "Preferences". Open it with a Text Editor and then search for a "jisu9" entry (if I remember correctly there is only one) and change the "jisu9" entry by "jisu9_chrome" (or to "jisu9_dark" for the dark theme if you want to test it).

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

I personally disable that animation completely.

I combine the non-animated "refresh" button and non-animated "stop" button into ONE icon where it toggles between the two depending on if the page is fully loaded (the "refresh" is displayed) or in-process of loading (the "stop" is displayed).

Zero animation, just toggles back and forth between two buttons.

hello ArcticFoxie.

me again with a question about 360chrome 13.2206 - v4.
have setup the browser with extensions and saved site logins.
extensions such as noscript , cookie keeper and tampermonkey.
when copying the 360 folder to another xp pc all site logins and extension settings are gone.
files in the user data \ default folder are all the same and the same size.
any way to achieve this ?

regards.

comment : have DEP set to alwaysoff in the ini now and can not crash the browser yet.
some DEP warning still came up with only changing the settings the regular way only excluding 360chrome.
some random memory error from the hardware portion of DEP probably.

Try this for the loader .ini file and see if that helps  --

[Setup]
AppName=360chrome

[FileToRun]
PathToExe=.\Chrome\Application\$AppName$.exe
Parameters=--user-data-dir="%Profile%" --disable-logging --no-default-browser-check --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --allow-outdated-plugins

[Environment]
Profile=.\Chrome\User Data
Registry=%Profile%\Registry

[Functions]
DirCreate=%Profile%|%Registry%

[WriteToReg=%Registry%\$AppName$_1.reg]
MainKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360chrome
[WriteToReg=%Registry%\$AppName$_2.reg]
MainKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MozillaPlugins
[WriteToReg=%Registry%\$AppName$_3.reg]
MainKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360

[RunBefore]
RegEdit=%Registry%\$AppName$_1.reg;$AppName$_2.reg;$AppName$_3.reg

[RunAfter]
DirRemove=%Profile%\safemon|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\Webstore Downloads|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\BrowserMetrics*
DirRemove=%Profile%\ShaderCache
FileDelete=%Profile%\*-journal*;chrome_shutdown_ms*;switch_core*;*.log
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\*.tmp;*-journal;log;log.old;*.log
FileDelete=.\Chrome\Application\*.log
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Code Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\GPUCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Media Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Pepper Data
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\DailyBackup

[Options]
DeleteTemp=true
ShowSplash=false
WriteLog=false
ShowTrayTip=false

thanks for the reply.

tested but it did not work.
noscript settings gone , cookiekeeper has the protected cookied list with all set to 0 value.
all saved login data is gone together with the site login data set in the cookies.
tried even with all entrys in "run after" removed from the ini with the same result.
also tried running a clean unpacked folder from the original zip file with the above "run after" modified ini and then copy the data folder. (also tested with your ini suggestion)
nothing seems to work.
strange thing is scripts in tampermonkey are all there and work , same as my custon.css for the font size.
both are hp desktops , not the same but close.

Not sure of what else to try.

I've personally never carried a cookie from one computer to another.

But ALL of my extension settings do carry from one computer to another.

I actually create my "profile" on my XP x64 primary computer and that "profile" is distributed across my network to all of my computers.

And those range from XP x86, XP x64, Win7 x86, Win10 x86, and Win10 x64.

I use the same exact profile on each and every one of those OS's.

What version of NoScript are you using because my NoScript settings carry from one computer to the next.

I don't use a "large" number of extensions, but they all have settings created on one computer and they carry over to other computers.

My list of extensions -

1. AdBlocker for YouTube version 0.3.4  --  "everybody" here uses YouTube as a "gauge" to test browsers so I have TWO extensions just for YouTube
  2. Autofill version 9.6.6
  3. Enhancer for YouTube version 2.0.105
  4. NoScript version 11.2.3
  5. Speed Dial | Bookmarks version 3.0.0.1
  6. Stylus version 1.5.15
  7. Tampermonkey version 4.13
  8. uMatrix version 1.4.1.6

Edited by ArcticFoxie

i have noscript 11.2.11 but that is not it.
have copied the 360chrome folder in two sessions to a usb2 stick (exfat)
first the data folder and second the application folder.
got a delayed write error when copying the whole folder at once.
now 360chrome has all the login data and settings from the extensions when run from usb with my ini file.
going to copy from usb to the other computer to check that out.
will update this post ...

update : copy files from usb to pc1 - same problem.
to exclude wired network issues i did copy the 360chrome folder to another xp pc - same problem.
so no network issue , only difference besides the processor is that those two other desktops don't have a ssd.
had all utp cables measured some time ago and they all checked out fine.
from usb2 , 360 runs with all settings and saved data , extensions and all.(waited a minute for it to fully load)
so no issue with your files just something strange again on my side.(again)
don't have a clue at the moment but my bet is on the ssd / usb to normal sata harddisk transfer.
have a laptop somewhere with a ssd so will try that later at some point , am beat now.
am not used to any errors on any of my five systems ...
sorry to have wasted your time.
grtz.

edit :

found the solution to 360chrome not retaining login data and extension settings after copying the folder to another pc.
https://superuser.com/questions/1020479/how-to-migrate-google-chrome-profile-extensions-cookies-etc-to-another-wind
had to copy one file from : Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-21-long name ... from pc1 to pc2.
that file is created on first run of 360chrome regardless of what the ini settings are.
folder name could be somewhat different but look for the "last created" 1kb file.
copy that file first before running 360chrome on another pc.
now all is retained , passwords , cookies and extension settings.
problem solved.

Edited by rereser

7 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Try this for the loader .ini file and see if that helps  --

Reveal hidden contents

[Setup]
AppName=360chrome

[FileToRun]
PathToExe=.\Chrome\Application\$AppName$.exe
Parameters=--user-data-dir="%Profile%" --disable-logging --no-default-browser-check --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --allow-outdated-plugins

[Environment]
Profile=.\Chrome\User Data
Registry=%Profile%\Registry

[Functions]
DirCreate=%Profile%|%Registry%

[WriteToReg=%Registry%\$AppName$_1.reg]
MainKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360chrome
[WriteToReg=%Registry%\$AppName$_2.reg]
MainKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MozillaPlugins
[WriteToReg=%Registry%\$AppName$_3.reg]
MainKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360

[RunBefore]
RegEdit=%Registry%\$AppName$_1.reg;$AppName$_2.reg;$AppName$_3.reg

[RunAfter]
DirRemove=%Profile%\safemon|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\Webstore Downloads|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\BrowserMetrics*
DirRemove=%Profile%\ShaderCache
FileDelete=%Profile%\*-journal*;chrome_shutdown_ms*;switch_core*;*.log
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\*.tmp;*-journal;log;log.old;*.log
FileDelete=.\Chrome\Application\*.log
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Code Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\GPUCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Media Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Pepper Data
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\DailyBackup

[Options]
DeleteTemp=true
ShowSplash=false
WriteLog=false
ShowTrayTip=false

Why no shared worker folder, lol ? [one of the most notorious trackers] . I mean, you clean up almost innocent folders/files and not them ??? This is no mocking , just a friendly advice.

P.S. Look , even MSFN logs are there , in that folder.

I delete worker folder on every exit.

I delete cookies on every exit.

I delete extension log files on every exit.

That .ini file was not a "suggestion" for use (it's a direct-copy of the Russian Repack DEFAULT .ini), it was an attempt at resolving a cookie issue for a user that doesn't delete cookies on every exit.

I personally strongly suggest a cleared cache, no saved cookies, no saved anything - axe EVERYTHING when the browser exits.

But not all users want to set their browser up that way  --  "to each their own".

For those that use my rebuild, they know this, I delete EVERYTHING on every exit - it has been suggested by a few that I not do this for the distributed rebuild.

But that's not the way I roll, I clear cache/cookies at exit, always have, always will.

I will post better notes when uploading any new rebuilds that my builds DELETE COOKIES BY DEFAULT - because as mentioned, some users don't like that setup  --  "to each their own".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

hello ArcticFoxie.

please read my edit from my previous post.
360chrome is portable but not from one pc to another without further action.
some chrome security involved it seems ...

Edited by rereser

17 hours ago, rereser said:

edit :

found the solution to 360chrome not retaining login data and extension settings after copying the folder to another pc.
https://superuser.com/questions/1020479/how-to-migrate-google-chrome-profile-extensions-cookies-etc-to-another-wind
had to copy one file from : Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-21-long name ... from pc1 to pc2.
that file is created on first run of 360chrome regardless of what the ini settings are.
folder name could be somewhat different but look for the "last created" 1kb file.
copy that file first before running 360chrome on another pc.
now all is retained , passwords , cookies and extension settings.
problem solved.

Nice Find!

Interesting thing though, none of my XP 360Chrome portable's are creating that Application Data\Microsoft\Protect file (five different computers).

When I navigate to that folder, I only have two files, one called Preferred with no file extension and one 32-character (plus 4 dashes for a total of 36 in files name) hexadecimal-named file with no file extension.

Both have a file-properties created/modified/accessed date coinciding with the date that the OS was installed (LOOONG before I ever started using 360Chrome).

This is true on both my 32bit XP and on my 64bit XP.

So somehow, thankfully, I have this OS "feature" DISABLED.

My XP's are pretty heavily nLite'd and my base XP 32bit only has 16 processes in Task Manager upon startup.

My XP VM's from that same base XP boot in 17 seconds - which could actually probably be improved.

Several "services" aren't simply just disabled, they aren't even installed in the first place.

My Win7 360Chrome portable's are creating that Microsoft\Protect file.

But my profile migration is only in one direction  --  created on XP then migrated to 7 (and 10 but did not look for the Microsoft\Protect file in 10).

Interesting indeed...