Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

"Back in version 62 of Chrome, they added a feature they called Media Engagement Index (MEI), which keeps a log of how many times you actually click on video and audio on various sites. Once you’ve actually clicked on a video on a site a certain number of times, it AUTOMATICALLY DISABLES AUTOPLAY PROTECTIONS for that site.

Does not seem to be relevant.

This would not explain crashes to brand new profiles.

Plus I clear all cache and index files upon each and every browser exit.

This would also not explain why MSFN has recently started crashing v13 360Chrome.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

--disable-features=PreloadMediaEngagementData,MediaEngagementBypassAutoplayPolicies,RecordMediaEngagementScores,RecordWebAudioEngagement

PreloadMediaEngagementData – Disabling this feature will disable the list of sites that Google has pre-determined should be able to bypass autoplay protections.

MediaEngagementBypassAutoplayPolicies – Disabling this feature disallows sites that you use regularly to bypass autoplay protections.

RecordMediaEngagementScores – Disabling this feature turns off the Media Engagement tracking altogether.

RecordWebAudioEngagement – Disabling this feature turns off the Media Engagement tracking for web audio.

Try enabling and disabling those features individually if you want to further tune this behaviour.

Like very much. Thanks for sharing.

I just YouTube'd in my untouched v13 build 2206 rev 3 and I cannot get it to crash today without making any changes.

I seem to be back to exactly where I was before the YouTube issues started happening a week or so ago - where I could not get YouTube to crash no matter what!

So I cannot really test the flags posted - because my YouTube is no longer crashing.

I know for a fact that YouTube (and Google) have been making codes changes (because I had to tweak Stylus style sheets) so my best guess is that one of their code changes was causing YouTube issues a week or so ago.

According to here - https://newbedev.com/reset-chrome-media-engagement-score - this is reset on my end because I clear my cache on every browser exit.

Very nice find!  But I need to cross my fingers for YouTube to start crashing again before I can test it.  I really only had YouTube crashes for a span of 2 or 3 days or so a week ago or so.

I mean, yeah, it was enough that I rebuilt a v12 and made it my default browser.

But now I want YouTube to start crashing again on my v13 so that I can test this new flag.

Here's another read on it  --  https://www.chromium.org/audio-video/autoplay/autoplay-pre-seeding-in-chrome

<excerpt> Chrome typically learns a user’s preferences within six to twenty visits. </excerpt>

This is clearly not the root cause of YouTube crashes on brand new profiles when YouTube crashes when opening a second tab.

I still like the find though.

I really can't test until YouTube starts crashing again.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

On 8/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Due to recent YouTube crashes experienced on v13, I have opted to downgrade to v12 as my default-for-all.

I have successfully opened twenty YouTube tabs in v12 on XP SP2 x64 and on XP SP3 x86.  I have not tested on XP SP2 x86.

Download link  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r7r53j4i55iuyw/360Chrome%2012.0.1247.zip

Did you get a chance to test it with Webex? My university opens in 1 month so I can't really test it with lots of people.

I have not tested with Webex.

We have a project that will hire six new people and we are targeting Monday, October 4th for the start date on that project.

I'll likely not be able to test Webex until then.

I tend to default to Win7 for all of my Webex meetings, but I'll be sure to test on XP though you may get an opportunity before I will.

19 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Plus I clear all cache and index files upon each and every browser exit

It won't help in the case of youtube ang google , because they already took your fingerprint and it is stored in their database forever. So you now have your own unique customer ID . I'm sure you could do your own research about fingerprinting. [if it wasn't not too "etreme for your blood" , lol ].

Edited by Dixel
some humour

And you need to understand , 360 browser is so rare , so if someone's using it with a Dutch or say UK/US IP , they're screwed . It means you're unique and you're logged and stored . In case someone's interested , just a small insight on how it happens . Cloudfare doesn't give a damn , they just tell it right in the open how they fingerprint and MITM us ! Of course they tell only about 5-7 % ... 

"When given a pair of User Agent and observed TLS Client Hello, MITMEngine detects differences between the given Client Hello and the one expected for the presented User Agent. For example, consider the following ..."

https://blog.cloudflare.com/monsters-in-the-middleboxes/

hello ArcticFoxie.

thanks for your effort on providing the v12 and v13 mods.
testing both on win xp sp3 x86 against nm28.
started some customizing.
have two isues i cant resolve.

on nm28 i use roomy's toolbar to display bookmarks icon only on the bookmarks bar.
on 360 v12 i can get that by "set max width for tiles" to 16.
on 360 v13 the icons shrink to a rectangle with a partial letter displayed.
solved this by using the skin folder from v12 in v13, but the theme is now all "white chrome like".
that is not the correct way to "solve" this however.
would it be possible to get a classic gray xp skin without the blue and with the bookmarks icons display correct (without text) at 16 px?
i prefer v13 over v12 because of the bolder font used , for example in the url bar.

secondly , i can't seem to change the custom useragent in dev tools network conditions.
i mean i can but it's not saved.

last i would like to report no crashes on youtube at all.

thanks for reading.

Edited by rereser

6 hours ago, Dixel said:

It won't help in the case of youtube ang google , because they already took your fingerprint and it is stored in their database forever. So you now have your own unique customer ID .

You're on the internet, you're on Instagram, you're on Twitter.

Don't kid yourself for one solitary second that you yourself have not been "fingerprinted" and stored in a database "forever".

Get over it, dude!  And PLEASE, I publicly INSIST  --  PLEASE STOP HARASSING ME in the guise of "jokes" or "rib-jabs"!  This HAS TO BE a violation of forum rules, albeit within a very fine gray area and to individual interpretations!

Edited by ArcticFoxie