Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

It seems like Notepad++ is still great.

Can someone do a quick test for me in Notepad++?

1. make a New Folder
2. create two word documents inside: a.doc and b.doc, both containing the number 0, nothing else, just:   0
3. start Notepad++ > Search > Find in Files..., Directory - select the New Folder you created, Find what: 0, Replace with: 1, press "Replace in
Files"
4. check if   0   is replaced with   1   in both files: a.doc and b.doc

When I do this in Notepad++, both .doc files get corrupted and when I re-open them (after Recover) they are empty.
Maybe I need some additional software for this to work properly, not sure.

Can you tell me if this works properly for you?

5 hours ago, dmiranda said:

PS: if I were to share this song publicly, other than in youtube, it would be blocked (and I could be sued) for copyright infringement, BTW.

Probably depends on the country hosting the song that you shared or the website that you linked.

But yeah, good point.

2 hours ago, we3fan said:

When I do this in Notepad++, both .doc files get corrupted...

Can you tell me if this works properly for you?

Same here.

When I clicked the Replace in Files button it popped up a dialog that SEVENTY occurrences were replaced when it should have only been TWO.

I didn't recover the files at this point and just deleted them (my .doc program doesn't have a recover option).

5 hours ago, dmiranda said:

First, thanks for getting 360 to be a usable browser. Then, with all due respect, you got this one wrong. You asked for beta testers (for those -not you- who wonder what such thing is, google it), and I (among others) did. In my case, I (as a few others did) reported that that all FB-AP-GG-MS sites were working fine, except for youtube. No frowning upon, just the facts of testing, ma'am. I have kept your modded 2206 for general use (for such unnecessarily script-heavy sites) , except for party mood, when I will have to (still) use a linux laptop. Otherwise, it is a welcome addition to XP: it is capable to run sites where firefox derivatives can't run without script-stuttering, and it performs well (give or take a few glitches we all are used to), reliably and stably -unless you need more than one instance of youtube in your browser- so thanks again. Sincerely. I look forward to your future contributions to this community, bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3J_2R9rAp8

PS: if I were to share this song publicly, other than in youtube, it would be blocked (and I could be sued) for copyright infringement, BTW.

No worries here.

I was directing that comment more towards a reply by another user but that user didn't even try my rebuild, his only concern was whether or not I would take YouTube issues seriously or not - and I did, I tried everything I could think of.

With the exception, of course, of visiting China and befriending the compilers as I cannot do the original compile, I can only customize after the compile.

But yeah, your point is quite valid  :blushing:

Again, no worries...

Edited by ArcticFoxie

20 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Same here.

When I clicked the Replace in Files button it popped up a dialog that SEVENTY occurrences were replaced when it should have only been TWO.

I didn't recover the files at this point and just deleted them (my .doc program doesn't have a recover option).

Thanks, I appreciate it.

After you clicked Replace in Files, were you able to open both .doc files? Or they were corrupted and couldn't be opened?

BTW, I found one more text program: Sublime Text.

Why would you use text editor to edit binary file, which is what .doc is?

The proper editor for .doc is MS Word or at least any alternative that supports the format (think programs like LibreOffice Writer).

Or you can have fun with hex editor, good luck not corrupting it if you don't know how .doc works internally.

Does anybody use the "360 Account Login" feature?

I'm considering stripping them out of the GUI completely since I don't use them.

I'm also considering stripping out the Adfilter tab in the Settings page - all it does is pop up a dialog but then nothing after that, so it's basically a broken feature unless we bring back some Chinese telemetry.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

10 hours ago, dmiranda said:

...PS: if I were to share this song publicly, other than in youtube, it would be blocked (and I could be sued) for copyright infringement, BTW.

OH the memories of good old 'file sharing' days in the 90's. I have many songs from ... ok, we'll forget I said it. Said what ;)

I'll never get around to actually LISTENING to half the stuff downloaded during those 'file sharing' days.

But nowadays those stacks of cd's/dvd's just take up bench space because it's all played for free from online "radio stations" and Roku music apps.

Heck, the cable tv provider has about a dozen "radio" stations also.

"Video killed the radio star".

Unless you're a Justin Beiber or a Britney Spears (ie, you taylor to the teen), then the music industry is NEVER going to be what it was in the 50's thru the 80's.

But then again, wasn't the Sock Hop taylored to the teen, wasn't Disco taylored to the teen, wasn't Bubble Gum Pop taylored to the teen, wasn't the Long-Haired Band taylored to the teen ???

4 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Does anybody use the "360 Account Login" feature?

I'm considering stripping them out of the GUI completely since I don't use them.

I'm also considering stripping out the Adfilter tab in the Settings page - all it does is pop up a dialog but then nothing after that, so it's basically a broken feature unless we bring back some Chinese telemetry.

I agree. It's better to delete it.

54 minutes ago, Greyfox77 said:

I agree. It's better to delete it.

I really like that you, @ArcticFoxie , are trying to create a functional and stable chromium browser for us with as little unneeded clutter as possible to remove. For most of us on XP, Chrome 49 was as up-to-date as possible for us ... now this allows more options going forward seeing as FF/PM (UXP) is getting more and more limited.

Edited by XPerceniol

Hello! sorry for not being active on this subject for a while. I was modifying the v9, v11 and v12 versions of the browser

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/

There you will find my modified versions of the browser with its respectives modification notes. Pastebin did not work for me unfortunately.

v13 will be next but I am currently holding on to see which problems this version has.

Nice work by the way!

Cheers.

@ArcticFoxie I wanted to ask you the following, have you used Google Voice on Ungoogled Chromium?

I think I read somewhere that this browser had some unique identifier (do not remember the name of it) that was exactly the same as one of the versions of Ungoogled Chromium (I am not completely sure). So I wanted to see if the Google Voice problem also appear on Ungoogled Chromium since I can not use it on my country.

Cheers.

Yep, I was using Google Voice in a Win7 VM and Ungoogled Chromium until 360Chrome came along and now I can run it in XP.

As others have pointed out, the word "ungoogled" is a bit of a stretch, there is still quite a bit of "google" inside "ungoogled" Chromium.

I plan on digging deeper into that one of these days - kinda like the First Run and first-run-only "gstatic" connection that 360Chrome makes, it is my understanding that ALL chrome/chromium forks make that connection.