Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

Zero crashes with 1106 on Vista (youtube or whatnot) , but you *forgot* to delete 3 junk files .

Sesafe.dll is the chinese gov. spyware/redirector , at least what I've been able to read at some translated pages. I didn't dig deeper myself , and I shan't , since I'm somewhat *reqiured* to prove my every word to a *wannabe moderator* guy (not pointing fingers at anyone, lol). 

Don't know (and don't want to know) what setdef.7z and webmsg are, but definitely not needed and the browser works without them just fine ! Overall , 1106 seems faster than 2206. And it works better with IG accounts.

EDIT : And NO BSOD , like the previous poster have mentioned.

Edited by Dixel

Okay, I've installed an XP x86 SP2 VM with 2GB RAM and I can repeat crashes on v13 builds 1106, 1088, 1006, 1002, and 1000 - EVERY attempt to launch results in the VM crashing, so it's not even an intermittent issue, it's an always-issue.

But there is good news - I can get v13 builds 1054 and 1032 to fully load without any crashes.

The original release date between the two builds is only 7 days so I'll focus on the newer of the two and will post a Rebuild Build 1054 in the next day or two.

I don't really want to spend a lot of time figuring out why the XP x86 SP2 VM has no internet connection in VirtualBox and nor on how to actually activate it, but it gives me a way to verify crashes at least.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Thanks for the feedback.

What's an "IG account"?

Instagram. I think I wrote before : 2205 becomes sluggish overtime (with big IG accounts). Even though I have 16GB of RAM.

Hi

11 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

@IXOYE  --  Please try version 1106 a couple posts up.

I tested the Russian version 13.0.1106.0 by running x-360cse.exe on another machine several times on Windows XP x86 sp2 and everything works normally except for the language that is displayed in a small square. Some 1002 errors on some site when playing video .no BSOD problem after several tries...

spacer.png

Edited by IXOYE

Has anyone figured out just what the "System DPI" setting is supposed to do?

I'm showing builds 1032 and 1054 to not crash XP x86 XP2.

1032 did not have the System DPI setting, it was introduced in 1054.

1054's version notes cite performance optimization so i'm inclined to use 1054 as my next rebuild.

But 1032 seems to also be a good candidate because that DPI "feature" is not part of 1032.

Is there any reason why some of you are still on XP SP2? With SP3 installed you should have much better compatibility for more modern software (+way more recent updates) and I never noticed much of a difference in speed comparing SP2 vs SP3, not even on old Pentium III machines.

I agree.

Though SP2 by itself is misleading.

My fully-updated x64 does not have an SP3, only an SP2 and several post-SP2 updates.

My fully-updated non-hacked (no POSReady 'hacks' because they broke some of my apps) x86 is SP3 and several post-SP3 "legit" (no POS) updates.

Truth be told, I wouldn't even bother trying to hunt down a 360Chrome for x86 SP2 and the "niche user" thereof.

I have ZERO issues on YouTube with Build 2206 and if the aforementioned YouTube issues are only with x86 SP2, then I would be inclined to "move along, there's nothing to see here".

I even quite literally threw my hands in the air when I discovered that the YouTube issues folks were posted were on SP2, "Are you kidding me?!", but maybe SP2 was mentioned previously and I just read past it.

Seeking out a modern web browser for a fully-updated EOL OS [2014] is one thing, seeking out a modern web browser for x86 SP2 [a full DECADE older, 2004] seems very much a "niche market" in my humble opinion.

But having said that, I have had an occassional crash using Build 2206 when accessing Dropbox (which, ironically, would never even be used if I didn't need a way to share rebuilds or post screencaps here at MSFN).

So my vested interested in Build 1054 (or maybe 1032) has more to do with Dropbox as far as on my end - if it happens to solve the YouTube issues for x86 SP2, then that is really just more of a "bonus".

21 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I agree.

Though SP2 by itself is misleading.

My fully-updated x64 does not have an SP3, only an SP2 and several post-SP2 updates.

My fully-updated non-hacked (no POSReady 'hacks' because they broke some of my apps) x86 is SP3 and several post-SP3 "legit" (no POS) updates.

Truth be told, I wouldn't even bother trying to hunt down a 360Chrome for x86 SP2 and the "niche user" thereof.

I have ZERO issues on YouTube with Build 2206 and if the aforementioned YouTube issues are only with x86 SP2, then I would be inclined to "move along, there's nothing to see here".

I even quite literally threw my hands in the air when I discovered that the YouTube issues folks were posted were on SP2, "Are you kidding me?!", but maybe SP2 was mentioned previously and I just read past it.

Seeking out a modern web browser for a fully-updated EOL OS [2014] is one thing, seeking out a modern web browser for x86 SP2 [a full DECADE older, 2004] seems very much a "niche market" in my humble opinion.

But having said that, I have had an occassional crash using Build 2206 when accessing Dropbox (which, ironically, would never even be used if I didn't need a way to share rebuilds or post screencaps here at MSFN).

So my vested interested in Build 1054 (or maybe 1032) has more to do with Dropbox as far as on my end - if it happens to solve the YouTube issues for x86 SP2, then that is really just more of a "bonus".

I am currently using Build 2206 on SP3 and it crashes on youtube and some other web apps. i dont think its an sp2 problem.

Further report on 2206:

1) On vanilla first run, gets a connection from source www.gstatic.com, 172.217.173.3 -reported by NetworkTrafficView with ipnetinfo (nirsoft). It does not appear on second run and beyond.

2) In my nlited setup (vanilla and production) it crashes when opening two youtube tabs.

3) No other suspicious connection. But some extension(s) -can't figure out which one(s)- connects (sometimes) to 172.217.172.72 and 172.217.172.174 (google analytics). I have restricted those sites with umatrix and scriptsafe, but sometimes they managed to escape the cage (as per NetworkTrafficView). I have blocked them in the firewall.

I will now report on 1106. Cheers!

Noname.jpg

Edited by dmiranda