Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

Updated build 2206 rebuild has been uploaded.  Did not do any changes with Chinese Avatar (I don't use the Avatar but I'll visit that at some point).

No resources changed as of yet, the discussed resource changes also exist in "vanilla" Chromium so I'm unsure as of yet on their removal.

360Loader.ini has been reverted to default format as far as cache and cookie management - but the settings to keep cache and cookies between sessions will require the end-user to visit the pertinent settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2pwk0551kbe4b8/360ChromePortable%20%20--%20%20Build%202206%20-%20MSFN%20rebuild%20v2.zip?dl=0

Edited by ArcticFoxie

22 hours ago, Dixel said:

@ArcticFoxie , @XPerceniolSpeaking of Gurgle IPs, I tend to think 2206 is more "gurgle friendly" , it talks to gurgle more often compared to 1106. I guess it's quite safe to use it for now . But do block those IPs , trind to find them . I still have this list somewhere , can't find right now.

Also , I would recommend blocking ALL inbound traffic for 360chrome.exe on all ports with yout firewall. And block outbound for UDP port 5353 and IP 224.0.0.251 – multicast IPv4 address , mDNS multicasts a UDP packet to it. (at least with 1106)

spacer.png

spacer.png

So hopefully I did that right and "filtered" that port, rather than closing it as it says its better not "closed".

Can I block inbound traffic for 360chrome.exe with the ordinary XP firewall, or am I going to need something else/better?

Again, sorry guys, mostly cottage cheese between my ears hate to admit it.

@ArcticFoxie just download your new update build, and hopefully, at some point, you'll be able to create a new thread for your project as I've had to go through this thread to find what is relevant to your build. Of course when you are ready and have the time to do such. 

The only concerns (I wouldn't say "issues') I ran into last night (sorry, forgot to screen grab it) but it creates new entries in the temp folder that remained when closed - I just delete them - as I obsessively watch my appdata and temp folders with CCleaner and will likely clean profile data as I've always done with New Moon and Serpent with custom rules. 

And again, forgot to screen grab, but, while malwarebytes comes up clean with every scan on all associated files, malwarebytes ADWcleaner doesn't like 360 and flags the reg entries as malware.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to working with this. I'll likely not be much help to you other than if you need me to test something and you'll need to explain what you are asking of me. I won't be able to do much over the next 2 days (medical appointments) but will concentrate on it Thursday.

TC :)

29 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Updated build 2206 rebuild has been uploaded.

Much better!

I found another string that needs changed under "Use custom font size, however:

1382243404_ScreenShot2021-07-05at2_52_46PM.png.fd6e722c7ee15512e0167b993ebd535a.png

Additionally, the "Use custom DPI" option doesn't seem to do anything?  Isn't it supposed to show some sort of control for adjusting the DPI setting?

Also, the font used on most buttons and dropdown boxes is some kind of serif font.  Shouldn't the font be sans-serif so it's consistent with everything else?

c

I assume that the custom DPI lets the web page that you are visiting set the DPI instead of using your system DPI.

I have not seen that setting do anything in the original Chinese release or the repack Russian release.

I'll have a custom font size change shortly but I'll upload again as the same file name.

Also will change Use custom DPI to Do not use system DPI - but technically I have no clue what this setting is "supposed" to do.

I'll post when you can re-download.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

On 7/1/2021 at 4:16 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Flash was discontinued last year by its creator.

Do we "need" to keep it alive in 360Chrome?

I can't remember the last time I've seen any website actually use Flash - and intentionally tracking down a "test site" doesn't count.

Can I just delete the following folders as I'll never use flash?

Chrome/Application/components/npflash

Chrome/Application/components/ppflash

Edited by XPerceniol

en-US.pak

This can work after browser restart, it will cause some views display exception if tht font is too big  -->  Setting font too large can cause display issues on some sites (requires restart)  ==  file 6570

Edited by ArcticFoxie

10 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I don't see a resources.dll so I am assuming that you meant resources.pak.

resources.pak for Build 2206 contains 1,561 files (one of them just the index.ini).

1,393 of them being typical no-extension files  --  none of them contain the text crbug.

2 of them are .html files  --  neither contain the text crbug.

51 of them are .js files  --  there are 55 results for crbug but all of them are comment lines so that you can read up on the Bug Report for various sections of .js code [we can both agree that changing http to hxxp for a comment line is meaningless].

8 are .json files  --  none contain crbug.

The remaining are all .png files.

Well it's very strange you couldn't extract them all . Perhaps something wrong with the extractor ? I've just looked up for the most unneeded (their offsets) in your latest resources file from 2205 , those are fully working extensions inside this file :

1 - mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai PDF Viewer OFFSET 13022

2 - fjajfjhkeibgmiggdfehjplbhmfkialk CryptoTokenExtension OFFSET 15624

3 - gfdkimpbcpahaombhbimeihdjnejgicl Feedback to Gurgle (!) OFFSET 13882

4 - Chrome Web Store Cloud Print OFFSET 11562

5 - ahjtciijnoiaklcomgnblndopackapon Identity API Scope Approval UI at OFFSET 326728

@XPerceniol , to answer your question , I suggest to use the free COMODO firewall for your XP system.  Older versions like 5.x . You can easily define what to block in the section "Network security policy" and choose any rule , port , etc.

7 minutes ago, Dixel said:

I've just looked up for the most unneeded (their offsets) in your latest resources file from 2205 , those are fully working extensions inside this file :

1 - mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai PDF Viewer OFFSET 13022

2 - fjajfjhkeibgmiggdfehjplbhmfkialk CryptoTokenExtension OFFSET 15624

3 - gfdkimpbcpahaombhbimeihdjnejgicl Feedback to Gurgle (!) OFFSET 13882

4 - Chrome Web Store Cloud Print OFFSET 11562

5 - ahjtciijnoiaklcomgnblndopackapon Identity API Scope Approval UI at OFFSET 326728

2205 ???  I don't have a 2205 anywhere.

Did you mean 2250?  If so, it's been abandoned.

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

2205 ???  I don't have a 2205 anywhere.

Did you mean 2250?  If so, it's been abandoned.

Yep , sorry , just a typo. I'm pretty tired for the last couple of days and made several typos, like .dll instead of .pak, even though I returned from my vacation , lol.

Edit : Too much sun , I guess . We have a heatwave here , again. 

Edited by Dixel