Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

5 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I'm aware of that part.

I was curious as to WHY you did that replacement  -->  hexadecimal code "33 00 36 00 30" has to be replaced by something like this "2e 00 2e 00 2e"

What was occuring BEFORE this replacement that is no longer occuring AFTER this replacement?

Oh ok, sorry. I was seeing that every time I launched the browser it connected to an IP (180.163.242.72). And it was hard to find out that that was the issue because I could not identify the file making the connection.

7 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

v13 build 2206 Russian Repack is not making this connection at every launch.

I will patiently wait for your v13 tutorial before making any changes with my config.

Ok. I will test your version of the v13.

Edited by Humming Owl

12 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

v13 build 2206 Russian Repack is not making this connection at every launch.

I understood why you don't get that connection that I said, it only comes out in the original version, not in the Russian version (original v12 so far). I mixed the files, I am going to correct my comment.

I tested the 360 EE Russian Repack v9, v11, v12 and v13 (the last version of v13 isn't out yet), the pastebin link contains the information needed to prevent the browser from connecting to Chinese IP addresses and some options in the browser's preferences that I think may improve performance. I would like that people test this.

This is a not very clean way to remove unwanted connections of this browser, however, it works (so far).

Maybe with some help some of the changes can be much cleaner and even provide a decent build based in the Russian Repack or in the original version of this browser.

Notes ---> https://pastebin.com/d1iTeFRa

* Programs used:

- 7zip

- HxD Hex Editor

- TcpLogView

- And the page https://ip-info.org/en/ to verify the remote addresses you will get in TcpLogView.

* Screenshots of section "B" before-after "appstore.js" modification:

Before: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uJtOd_ZUkeRpC36JrR3q8DfDuN6bO2Wd/view?usp=sharing

After: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EBc2S4uOM3s_2q9NvJ0PegNufqHWxk2-/view?usp=sharing

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl
Updated 07-06-21

For the v13 build 2206, please show a pictures of what you mean by Section B when you say -

I removed the entries: "https://ext.chrome.360.cn/webstore/detail/", "https://ext.chrome.360.cn/tabextension/get_json" and "#appstorePage .network-error".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Also, for Sectio D, there appears to be SOME .cn entries that appear legit when you look at surround code relative to some of the other .cn entries - do you have a "count" of how many was replaced?

But maybe those "code blocks" don't really DO anything anyway?

On 5/22/2021 at 8:11 AM, Humming Owl said:

I tested the HxD and modified the chrome.dll (Only that file) by searching ".cn", ".360" (among others) and some IP adresses in it (few ones that start with "101.", "106." "123." "210.") and then replacing them with dots (2E = dot = .). Then I tested the browser for an hour (opening google, duckduckgo, gmail and youtube) with TcpLogView (to see which connections the browser made) and to my surprise none of the chinesse ip addresses appeared!

I absolutely cannot confirm this.

I did what you suggested and it still connects to as many chinese IP addresses as it did before I modified the file.

None of the IPs can be found in the chrome.dll (at least the ones I searched for, to be precise) so it's no big surprise it still connects to all these IPs.

I guess it does help to block some IPs by doing what you suggested but on the whole it doesn't change anything about the browser's habit to phone home...

4 hours ago, NoNameNeeded said:

It doesn't change anything about the browser's habit to phone home...

Have you seen this post ? I had discovered this chinese DNS a long time ago (which was left there by the "talented" russian hackers/repackers), please mention me if you're going to publsih it somewhere else or in the other topics. Also , try to block my IP list (published here earlier , scroll back).

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182304-extreme-explorer-360-chromium-78-86-general-discussion/page/15/?tab=comments#comment-1194253

On 5/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, Humming Owl said:

Steps to unpack the browser: 

-  I ran the .cmd file that says something in russian and "portable".
-  When the process ended I opened the "360Chrome" folder and from there I did the following: 

C) Changes made to the file "Preferences" (in Chrome/User Data/Default)

- I searched for the "accept_languages" entry and then modified the line "accept_languages": "ru-RU,ru,en-US,en" and replaced by "accept_languages": "en-US,en".

This action allows to display websites in English and not in Russian.

1- Everything is in English for me with the "unpack portable command".

C) - No such line in my settings at all and everything is in English for me everywhere . 

P.S. My system language is British English , folks time to use proper English.

I've seen this post, yes.

And I've also modified the chrome.dll the way you suggested it.

I also think that there has to be a reason why this ip is in the chrome.dll file, the browser will certainly try to connect to this IP-address so it's probably not a bad idea to delete it but that's only one of many IP addresses it connects to.

I'm not sure if I've seen your IP list but I've seen some IPs in this thread that I blocked with a firewall. In addition to that I tracked down quite a few additional IP ranges that I've also blocked but the browser still connects to many other IPs so I've come to the conclusion that it's just way too tedious trying to find every IP range the browser might connect to at some point so now I use Peer block with a block list of all (?) chinese IPs and it works just fine.

I think that's the least tedious way to prevent the browser from connecting to China.

On 5/27/2021 at 4:09 AM, Humming Owl said:

I tested the Original Browser vs the Russian Repack and they are the same in performance and in the connections with chinese IP addresses. I am a little confused by the claims that in the russian repack was removed telemetry stuff. Also an update of the codes that I replaced in chrome.dll is that the hexadecimal code "33 00 36 00 30" has to be replaced by something like this "2e 00 2e 00 2e" (original browser v12 so far). You can use the symbols you prefer but keep the "00".

Exactly ! I've been saying this for a long time , don't trust Russians. I think there's only one user here that makes such claims (not pointing at anyone). For example , they didn't remove this , see proof. And who knows what was added by them . You're totally right , you're better off removing it by yourself from the original.