Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

If the files are version 10.xx then they are part of the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable as far as I know.
Is that what you tried installing?
If not you could try that, the last version is Visual C++ 2010 SP1 (10.0.40219.473) I think.
Try installing that and remove the files in the program's folder and see if it still works.
If it doesn't, just put them back again of course!
You never know, it might make a difference.
If it was a different runtime version you installed, installing it might have done more harm than good.
:dubbio:

I'm confused.

Adding additional api-ms files killed your 360Chrome's performance, correct?  So this demonstrates that 360Chrome found those api-ms files and loaded them, correct?

So you removed the api-ms files and 360Chrome's performace returned back to normal.

Then you installed the latest runtime and that killed 360Chrome's perfmance again, correct?

I'm confused because I have the MS Visual C++ runtimes installed and IF my 360Chrome performed as poorly as Mini Browser then I assure you, I would NOT be using it.

My 360Chrome really is extremely comparable to Mypal 27.9.4 or it would not have dethroned it as my default.

And it gains me several dozens of websites that I simply could not visit using Mypal 27.9.4.

Or even the newer New Moon v27's, New Moon v28's, and BNavigator, for that matter.

Yes, we have to jump through a few hoops to get to a full English version and to prevent telemetry, but WELL WORTH IT in my view.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Yes, we have to jump through a few hoops to get to a full English version and to prevent telemetry, but WELL WORTH IT in my view.

Excuse me dear ArcticFoxie , I shall say in advance : I'm not trying to mock you or anything like that , but what problems with the beautiful English language are you talking about ? Perhaps you need to change your system locale from russian (lol) . Sorry , couldn't stand the temptation to joke about your system language . I really do hope you are not a hidden russian , though . I will take some time and describe what I've done to check.

1st - my system's locale is EN-GB . Not French , lol (this joke is for British/Americans only , others may not understand , sorry in advance , love to French folks). 

2nd -  downloaded your favourite version from your link .

3rd - Unpacked Portable from CMD (it inpacked the portable version with everything in English). 

P.S. Yes , gurgle is still with "ru" , but it can be fixed with hexing. I changed it to gurgle.ca ( why ? It somewhat reminds me of @win32 and his marvellous work , weird ? Maybe , don't care.) ..... or maybe I was just laizy to extend the length because gurgle.co.uk or "com" will not fit , obviously . 

My advice - change your system locale to proper British English (and reboot , but you know this already) before unpacking.

Also , I do use a LOT of flags , like "disable translate" and I do not see any russian language at all. And , of couse , I deleted "error" and "new tab" .zip.

2 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I'm confused.

Adding additional api-ms files killed your 360Chrome's performance, correct?  So this demonstrates that 360Chrome found those api-ms files and loaded them, correct?

So you removed the api-ms files and 360Chrome's performace returned back to normal.

Then you installed the latest runtime and that killed 360Chrome's perfmance again, correct?

I'm confused because I have the MS Visual C++ runtimes installed and IF my 360Chrome performed as poorly as Mini Browser then I assure you, I would NOT be using it.

My 360Chrome really is extremely comparable to Mypal 27.9.4 or it would not have dethroned it as my default.

And it gains me several dozens of websites that I simply could not visit using Mypal 27.9.4.

Or even the newer New Moon v27's, New Moon v28's, and BNavigator, for that matter.

Maybe I should have put it more clearly:
Additional api files (version 14) lead to an extreme increase of RAM usage in 360browser, yes.

The runtime package of version 10 was already installed. So version 10 files did no harm to the browser's RAM usage.

Even uninstalling this package didn't seem to bother 360browser.

The english UI of 360browser could of course be better, but I don't intend to install a russian language pack and russian modifications (as many recommend).
I also found your thread (if I remember correctly) and thx to your thread I found out what this completely chinese option is about (tracking), but other than that I'm fine with the chinenglish interface.

The telemetry stuff is something I'm not too fond of either, that's why I installed an additional firewall but of course one can never find out all the different chinese IPs the browser might connect to but I think I've found at least the ones the browsers connects to when it is launched.

As far as Mypal is concerned, maybe you should try version 29. It's also compatible with Windows XP and in terms of performance and RAM usage it works nicely, even better than the last Firefox version 52.0.9 ESR for Windows XP (the Australis interface of Firefox really slowed the browser down, that has nothing to do with the OS)

43 minutes ago, NoNameNeeded said:

You have x64 runtimes on your 32Bit XP machine?

No, that screencap is from my XP x64 machine (my primary rig).

But I have the same runtimes (x86 only, of course) on my XP x86 machines.

From what I can see, "installed" runtimes have NO EFFECT on 360Chrome.

In fact, I get the same benchmark figures from my XP x86, my XP x64, my Win 7 Enterprise (32bit), my Win10 LTSB (32bit), and even from my XP x86 VMs with NO RUNTIMES installed at all.

So my 360Chrome is using ONLY the api files within its own subfolders and isn't grabbing any from the OS.

That's strange because after installing runtime 14 I noticed that 360 browser used almost as much RAM as MiniBrowser does. As soon as I uninstalled it, the RAM usage dropped down to its usual amount (about 300 MB with one google tab open)

360Browser doesn't have any api files in its folders but it's trying to find them both in its folders and the typical windows system folders, that's what filemon revealed, but it doesn't find too many, even if you have runtime 10 installed like I do.

33 minutes ago, NoNameNeeded said:

360Browser doesn't have any api files in its folders but it's trying to find them both in its folders and the typical windows system folders, that's what filemon revealed, but it doesn't find too many, even if you have runtime 10 installed like I do.

Right you are, I thought there were a few api files but upon double-checking, you are correct, there are none.

I use the "portable loader", maybe that's 'sandboxing' everything and not letting my 360Chrome fetch OS runtimes?  (which I'm okay with, TBH, as I prefer as much of my software to be "self-contained" as possible)

Did you dowload it as a portable version or is it a portable loader you've created yourself?
I downloaded the official version and installed it with the chinese installer.

(but mine is portable too, since the user profile and everything it needs is in one folder anyway)

3 hours ago, NoNameNeeded said:

I downloaded the official version and installed it with the chinese installer.

No kidding ? I shall lose my sleep over this .

I think I've found something useful to prevent the browser from connecting to chinese IPs.

It's called Peerblock, doesn't have the best reputation amonst p2p enthusiasts, but for reasons I don't really care about because it does what it's supposed to: It blocks all chinese IPs.

This is the list for chinese ips:
http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=cn&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=gz

You need to add it to the blocked lists.

https://www.peerblock.com/