Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

5 hours ago, Ropip said:

I installed today, why I'm getting this?

There's a "million" reasons that give that cert warning.

Proxy server, revoked certificate, lack of WinXP updates, et cetera ad nauseam.

google.com.hk shows up perfectly fine for me.

spacer.png

Also, your screencap shows an instance of Mypal / New Moon / Pale Moon running  --  what does it show for google.com.hk?

And if you Mypal / New Moon / Pale Moon is NOT using a Proxy, then make sure that 360Chrome is also NOT using a Proxy.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

I'm getting protocol error on Yandex, when I try to install Ublock origin from the official webisite

When Trying from chrome web store I get an error: "Download Interrupted"

9 hours ago, Licht92 said:

I'm getting protocol error on Yandex, when I try to install Ublock origin from the official website

When trying from chrome web store I get an error: "Download Interrupted"

Which version of Yandex Browser is this happening on? The XP/Vista compatible version (17.4.1.1026) is not able anymore to install newer signed Chrome extensions (.crx files) from the CWS or elsewhere, because, since last May 2020, those are only being packaged in the newer format CRX3, which requires a more recent (to 57) Chromium core...

YB 17.4 only supports the older CRX2 format, so in a new profile you can only install compatible extensions which were last updated before May 2020 - in an existing profile, previously installed extensions won't auto-update to a new version, if that has been released after May 2020; also, be careful not to inadvertently uninstall existing extension(s), CWS (unlike AMO) doesn't keep older versions of extensions, thus you may find yourself in a position of not being able to re-install said extension(s) ... 

YB has native support for Opera extensions, so you may try installing uBlock Origin from the Opera Web Store:

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/ublock/

BTW, YB comes already bundled with its own content blocker, AdGuard Adblocker, the last version compatible with 17.4 is 3.5.23 :) ...

PS: There's enough info on-line covering the differences between CRX2-CRX3 packaging formats, just use your favourite search engine...

Edited by VistaLover

8 hours ago, VistaLover said:

...YB has native support for Opera extensions, so you may try installing uBlock Origin from the Opera Web Store...

That was not possible when I was trying out Yandex 17 a year ago (see 2nd screenshot in linked post). Looks like I was able to install UBO 1.24.4 from the Chrome Store, which was probably not the last CRX2 version but not far from it. My how time flies.

1 hour ago, Vistapocalypse said:

That was not possible when I was trying out Yandex 17 a year ago (see 2nd screenshot in linked post).

Hi @Vistapocalypse , sure hope you're OK under these perilous times...
I'm kinda lazy now to dig up my portable copy of YB 17.4 (Chromium 57 based), so I'll assume that whatever is true for portable YB 17.6 (Chromium 58 based; launches on Vista SP2 but NOT on XP SP3) stands also true for the former... :lol:

One must disregard the blatant banners and incompatibility messages displayed when visiting the OWS with YB 17.x; according to

https://forums.opera.com/post/208773

The Yandex Browser doesn't have any dedicated catalog to download and install extensions from.
It links to Opera addons website
https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/
 We never developed any version of our extensions specifically for Yandex Browser.
Starting from version 20.3.1.197, YB doesn't recognize our Opera extensions any more.
On top of that, it shows odd message "Press it when you want to turn $1."

... it is probable that versions of YB > 20.3.1.197 won't install Opera extensions anymore; but this is certainly not the case for YB 17.6!
Just persevere with the "Install Extension" button and Bob's your uncle:

1ZPK6mu.jpg

UXyBtMJ.jpg

niskfWZ.jpg

Pw9r3fX.jpg

I hope those pics dispel whatever latent doubts... :whistle:

Edited by VistaLover

On 3/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Updated to v13.0.2212.0

https://lrepacks.net/repaki-programm-dlya-interneta/182-360-extreme-explorer-amp-portable.html

DISREGARD.

This release is a GIGANTIC step BACKWARD as far as an English release goes.

"Inspect" has reverted to Chinese.

And "simple" (albeit minor) fixes no longer properly attribute themselves to the embedded "lookup tables" (ie, capitalizing the "s" in the Options Page "UI style" and "Personal stuff").

Minor, I know, but evidence that "lookup tables" no longer work (which I suspect is the root cause for the Chinese contained within "Inspect" but I'll not be digging into it myself.

I will be sticking with build 2206 for now and may revisit when the next repack is released.

spacer.png

Here's a brief height comparison for a WinXP skin I've come up with for 360Chrome.

I focused primarily on tabs in the middle as I prefer my WinXP applications to have a standard title bar and standard XP min/max/restore/close icons.

I'll post files and instructions over the next day or two.

spacer.png

Here's my WinXP skin if anyone is interested.

Install steps  --

1)  Download the WinXPskin file from here  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/83mdky3jup73l59/WinXPskin.zip?dl=0

2)  Go to the official skin download page and install the "base skin" that my WinXP skin builds on top of  --  https://skin.chrome.360.cn/new/index.php (this step is important because it sets registry and config settings).

3)  Scroll down and install the "chrome经典" skin  --  it is between "Optimus Prime" and "Pink Colour".

4)  Exit 360Chrome.

5)  Use your file manager of choice and navigate to (I use the PORTABLE so your location may differ)  --  ...\360Chrome\Chrome\User Data\skin

6)  Delete the "geekkoedlankmgbjiogodoaibieloiep.srx" file (this is the skin file installed in Step 2  --  we needed to install it for other config settings to be set).

7)  Open 360Chrome  --  it will revert to a default skin but keeps other needed config settings saved.

8)  Exit 360Chrome.

9)  Unzip the "WinXPskin.zip" file downloaded in Step 1.

10)  Copy/replace the extracted "en_skin.srx" to replace the existing "en_skin.srx" (save a copy of the old if you prefer) at this location  --  ...\360Chrome\Chrome\Application\13.0.2206.0\skin

11)  Copy/replace the extracted "skin.srx" to replace the existing "skin.srx" (save a copy of the old if you prefer) at the same location as Step 10.

12)  Copy the extracted "geekkoedlankmgbjiogodoaibieloiep.srx" (need to keep this file name!) and place at this location  --  ...\360Chrome\Chrome\User Data\skin

13.1)  Edit the "360chrome_1.reg" (again, this guide is for the PORTABLE version) file at this location  --  ...\\360Chrome\Chrome\User Data\Registry

13.2)  Do a Ctrl-F (Find) for "skin" TWICE in the .reg file opened for editing in Step 13.1  --  change the "SkinPath"="skin\\jisu11.srx" line to read "SkinPath"="skin\\geekkoedlankmgbjiogodoaibieloiep.srx"

13.3)  Save and Close "360chrome_1.reg"

13.4)  For those with the INSTALLED version versus the PORTABLE, you "should" be able to edit the SkinPath at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360chrome\default\ui_persist_value] (but I did not personally try this).

14)  Open 360Chrome and the new skin will be installed.

Note:  still on the To-Do List - correct maximized versus windowed tabs on top 8-pixel height difference (I seldom use windowed versus maximized so didn't notice this until writing install instructions).

Update:  Windowed versus maximized now resolved.  Link in Step 1 updated.

spacer.png

Edited by ArcticFoxie