Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

15 hours ago, UCyborg said:

How to unhide the hidden extension buttons?

Just to be clear, I'm referring to buttons that are added by extensions and can be hidden by right-clicking on a button->Hide button. Some Chromium based browsers put hidden buttons in the menu where most other options are found and where they can be put back on the toolbar (unhidden), but in this one, they're just gone.

In latest 360EEv12 (12.0.1592.0), when one opts to hide the extension's toolbar button, e.g. 

APtE62U.jpg

to unhide it afterwards one has to load either 
chrome://extensions/
or 
chrome://myextensions/

and then locate said extension, where a "Show button" button (:)) should be present: 

26PVHld.jpg

Isn't this the case with 360EEv13 ? If not, then I guess this is a regression/bug of v13, which is still in a BETA testing phase...

Does the original Chinese version store user data per-user, so not under installation folder?
If so, is there a switch in chrome.dll or somewhere else to disable portable mode?

I have NEVER used the official Chinese installer on any version of 360EE, only the portable repacks... 
I think the redistribution from lrepacks does offer the option to do a "proper" installation, but I've never attempted that... 
To be honest, it's not quite clear to me what you wish to achieve, but you can specify a path to a custom 360EE (user) "profile" via the option 

--user-data-dir=

and set as value the custom path to a directory used as the profile (provided, of course, you have write permissions there...); 
you can then launch the browser via an accordingly modified shortcut...

Is it possible to get any kind of hardware acceleration working in XP? I tried enabling it in Settings, activated Override software rendering list flag, set Choose ANGLE graphics backend flag to OpenGL and still nothing, even WebGL is rendered only in software.

I don't have Windows XP to answer your query, but under this old (2008) Vista SP2 laptop, the blacklisted GPU can be force-enabled by the 
#ignore-gpu-blacklist flag (like you wrote): 

IBjJQIK.jpg

chrome://flash/ informs me that:
GL_RENDERER: ANGLE (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)

By default (with software rendering), this is how things look: 

THTCZhw.jpg

Edited by VistaLover

4 hours ago, VistaLover said:

In latest 360EEv12 (12.0.1592.0), when one opts to hide the extension's toolbar button, e.g. 

<pic snipped/>

to unhide it afterwards one has to load either 
chrome://extensions/
or 
chrome://myextensions/

and then locate said extension, where a "Show button" button (:)) should be present: 

<pic snipped/>

Isn't this the case with 360EEv13 ? If not, then I guess this is a regression/bug of v13, which is still in a BETA testing phase...

This is very much indeed the case for 360EEv13.  I can hide and unhide all six of my extensions precisely this way.

I suspect it to be extension-specific if this is encountered to not be the case with any extension.

I somehow overlooked that Show button. :blushing:

Status I get in chrome://gpu:

Hj3WTNo.png

NMKZtCL.png

I only disabled HW accelerated video decoding to see if it still tries to load related DLLs.

While nothing about that is in the log, the browser is linked against Direct3DCreate9Ex. Maybe that is implicit dependency required even for WebGL rendering via pure OpenGL. because it wasn't coded for the case of the said function being missing.

6 hours ago, VistaLover said:

I think the redistribution from lrepacks does offer the option to do a "proper" installation, but I've never attempted that...

Yeah, that adds the uninstaller and the shortcut in start menu, but...

6 hours ago, VistaLover said:

--user-data-dir=

and set as value the custom path to a directory used as the profile (provided, of course, you have write permissions there...); 
you can then launch the browser via an accordingly modified shortcut...

...that's a workaround, but it's not proper. It's not exactly unusual to expect proper installation to store data in user-specific folder of the user who launched the program.

Edited by UCyborg

I also have performance problems, for instance blurring effect on this site when you open the form for adding attachment is really laggy and so are fullscreen videos. I have to try and see if it's this bad with UXP browser forks if I disable HW acceleration.

Also can't access my bank's site for some reason. After I select the certificate, I get some chinese error about the problem with connection or something. I haven't tried the stable version yet.

I read about some people using WineD3D to get HW acceleration working in Chromium based browsers on XP. Anyone tried that and which version? Not ideal but who knows, might be better than without acceleration at all.

This browser has support for NPAPI plugins, which is nice. So far, I only saw Flash Player in action.

Edit:

I also have performance problems, for instance blurring effect on this site when you open the form for adding attachment is really laggy

Can't compare this anymore since the forum software update removed the blurring.

Edited by UCyborg

On 1/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, win32 said:

I have been able to watch 4k video in Serpent 52 on Windows 2000, but it is set to Vista user agents usually.

I'll try a user agent or two, would be surprised. Concurrently, I think VP9 doesn't like making appearances much now.

Back in the day (stroke gray hairs), I think 2011 and 2012 you could get those resolutions in XP with the latest version of Firefox, as they were introduced.

I have two problem with 360 Extreme Explorer when there are more than 30 tabs open.
360 works fine but when I close it and reopen it it takes more than 25 min. in loading the tabs. This leaves the computer completely unusable during this time (nothing responds).
This usually happens to me on a computer with only 2 GiB RAM.

Sometimes this process breaks down and 360 Extreme Explorer is reset to initial settings.
At this moment all the tabs and all the installed extensions have disappeared.
I cannot retrieve the tabs by pressing control + shift + T
I had installed extensions that saved the sessions but they have disappeared.
In which folder should the extensions with the saved sessions be?
Right now I can't find it in 360\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions
How can I get my missing tabs back?

Edit:
I have been able to recover the preferences.
The true preferences file had been transformed to this format:
Preferences ~ RF1ef0ac6.TMP
Possibly due to a faulty logout.
The problem is that if the preferences are not closed properly when 360 is started again, it takes the default values. And when taking the default values, 360 deletes all the installed extensions so I cannot recover the sessions recorded with extensions.
I have the history of visited pages but it is not shown to me by closed windows as in Google Chrome.
Can I get the browser tabs back?
On the other hand. When settings on 360 Extreme Explorer Russian mod is reset, I have the impression that the Chinese telemetry returns.

Edited by Cixert

On 12/28/2020 at 6:31 PM, VistaLover said:

I'm not sure "below" will satisfy fully your requirements, but I'm tossing it in regardless, for the benefit of others... :whistle:

1. Load chrome://net-export/
2. Click the Start Logging to Disk button, choose where to save the chrome-net-export-log.json file.
3. Leave the previous tab open, then proceed to use the browser as you'd normally do...
4. After a period of time, return to that tab and stop network logging (depending on logging duration, the .json file may get quite big...)
5, Navigate to https://netlog-viewer.appspot.com/ , load the chrome-net-export-log.json file.
6. Navigate to the DNS tab: 

https://netlog-viewer.appspot.com/#dns

Records of DNS queries are displayed; the only one (mildly) suspicious for me was:

puv.tt.browser.360.cn => 101.198.192.36

All the rest were due to pages loaded in tabs and/or extensions enabled...

(360EEv12, build 1592, patched... )

chrome://net-export/ it is not working on my 360 v.11.0.2251 (error loading page).
I want to check if the Chinese telemetry has returned after 360 made me an autoreset after a possible shutdown failure.

7 hours ago, Cixert said:

chrome://net-export/ it is not working on my 360 v.11.0.2251 (error loading page).

While chrome://net-export/ is indeed a feature of Chromium 69 on which 360EEv11 builds, the Chinese makers of it have not unlocked it in their v11 fork :angry:
However, that Chromium flag is available in 360EEv12 (Chromium 78 fork) and 360EEv13 (Chromium 86 fork) ;)

7 hours ago, Cixert said:

I want to check if the Chinese telemetry has returned after 360 made me an autoreset after a possible shutdown failure

The bulk of the Chinese telemetry is being removed when the official chrome.dll file is treated with what is known as Patch_by_El_Sanchez, and this process is being done by the Russian RePackers prior to releasing their modified versions of 360EE... 
 From what you have reported in your previous messages, you had what appears to be a major profile (User Data) corruption, so the browser had to revert to a new fresh state... My educated quess is that this process doesn't involve core browser binaries, just profile data... 

Just some friendly advices: 

Chromium-type browsers are notorius for being RAM-gobblers, what with having each tab in a separate process...
Since you appear to be running 360EEv11 in a low-resourced hardware, with limited RAM/CPU, you'd better avoid 
opening concurrently a great number of tabs...

In chrome://settings/browser make sure you select "Continue where I left off" to have your session remembered when you relaunch;
don't install a big number of extensions, as these also consume additional RAM...

Go to chrome://flags/#enable-javascript-harmony and set ENABLED, then restart browser; your v11 will then be able to handle more adequately recent webpages...

The last version of uBlock Origin that is fully compatible with 360EEv11 is 1.26.2; later ones have serious GUI issues... :(

Take frequent back-ups of your profile (User Data directory); important files there are: