Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

We mustn't forget what we mentioned in the first phrase "Chromium engine has bugs"

Although the graphic card is an advanced model witch means that has more features than previous models and also has more memory (256MB),

Extreme Explorer doesn't run.

I want to ask if it requires double core.

If it does then forget it.

A few people will use it.

The machine that you are using has more specifications because it has dual core and a more new graphic card and also 3GB of RAM which some people can't use on XP generally except if they have the after 2010 versions.

Also Extreme Explorer can't be used properly on some new machines because it has bugs.

Edited by CIACIACIACIACIACIA

These are good news but we have a newer core (cedar mill) and prescott and older like northwood.

Mainly we use these and also AMD ryzen but most the above.

The video card that you tested is much newer and has much more specifications  

I hadn't test it on a ryzen but we mainly need  to test on the above cores.

I had tried reinstallation but still the same.

I want to ask a question.

I have also the portable version does that play a role in functionality and what is that role?

If two versions are installed in the same directory and a newer version is installed with the updater does these have consequence?

I had also made exception in firewall but still the same.

I had also to ask another question.

The program PROXHTTPSPROXYMII what version is now and is there any support for TLS 1.3 without compilation?

Also installed in the root directory the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, CIACIACIACIACIACIA said:

These are good news but we have a newer core (cedar mill) and prescott and older like northwood.

Mainly we use these and also AMD ryzen but most the above.

The video card that you tested is much newer and has much more specifications  

I hadn't test it on a ryzen but we mainly need  to test on the above cores.

I had tried reinstallation but still the same.

I want to ask a question.

I have also the portable version does that play a role in functionality and what is that role?

If two versions are installed in the same directory and a newer version is installed with the updater does these have consequence?

I had also made exception in firewall but still the same.

I had also to ask another question.

The program PROXHTTPSPROXYMII what version is now and is there any support for TLS 1.3 without compilation?

Also installed in the root directory the same.

The portable version saves the configuration in its own directory.
So you can have another version with installer.
You can actually install multiple versions in multiple folders but they share settings.
If you do not want to share configuration it is ideal to use portable versions in different directories.

On Pentium IV computer with 2 GiB RAM it is the fastest browser of all, until you open 30 tabs at a time. Then the virtual memory starts working and it may take 30 minutes to restart the browser. Once started it is fast again.

Has anyone run Google Widevine successfully?
I read here that it does not work in 2018.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1991545.html
On the other hand I would like to know why the command chrome: // components does not get response in 360 Extreme Explorer
Also although the Silverlight plugin appears as installed, it does not work on sites like Netflix either.
this is visible in chrome: // plugins

Mine isn't i don't know why.

There are also good news there are patches for doing windows xp sp3 dealing with 128GB of main memory with no problem and also 64GB more easy.

There is a program called kernelex that is used with windows 95,98,2000 but it doesn't work on XP and they say that is very good.

This program creates a layer and allows to run windows 2000 and windows xp and also windows 7,8,10 on windows 95,98,2000 machines.

I want to ask if there is a version for windows xp.They say that the kernelex extensions work with xp but i haven't tried them because they require

kernelex witch runs on windows 95,98,2000.

I don't like vines anyway!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 2:49 PM, Cixert said:

Also although the Silverlight plugin appears as installed, it does not work on sites like Netflix either.

Tried changing the useragent string to Windows NT 6.3? Could be a Netflix-side UA block which would be completely unsurprising as "non-supported" OS and DRM isn't something that go well together, is it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Silverlight itself is in some way totally broken in the browser (maybe only checking for zh-CN version), or if its fairly recent discontinuation prompted it to be removed from Netflix?

Edited by MintChocAero

16 hours ago, MintChocAero said:

Tried changing the useragent string to Windows NT 6.3? Could be a Netflix-side UA block which would be completely unsurprising as "non-supported" OS and DRM isn't something that go well together, is it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Silverlight itself is in some way totally broken in the browser (maybe only checking for zh-CN version), or if its fairly recent discontinuation prompted it to be removed from Netflix?

Netflix is officially Windows XP compatible .
This works in Firefox 49 with Silverlight

Edited by Cixert

Surprised at that to be fair lol. That said, I never really used Silverlight seeing as I don't tend to buy into DRM holding crap like Netflix or Spotify, for instance - I dunno if it would at all depend on the language seeing how this browser reacts to certain other things that aren't in the zh-CN locale it seems...

Could just use FF49, or heck, even an older version may perform more sweetly, perhaps 45 ESR or previous but idk if it would work properly (I know someone was stuck on 47 for a long time on a much more recent OS due to issues) :P

Edited by MintChocAero

If you have read other posts there is the Dibya patch witch patches the pc for 128GB of main memory.This patch is good but has a bug that cancels many USB connections.

I have found a simple solution for this bug,If someone has a serial or PS/2 mouse he/she can use the control panel and the system icon and then make enable the USB subcategories with the enable button and then the devices will be activated one by one.

This can happen in both accounts (User/Administrator).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I got the 360 Extreme Explorer 12.0.1550.0 Portable version. on xp sp2 with the add-ons already integrated .
 It works very well.  it's very fast on youtube, but I can't change the language that's in Russian ... I applied the methods in the "preference"

file but it doesn't work ...if someone has an idea?

the link method below does not work...

On 6/18/2020 at 11:12 PM, genieautravail said:

This version does not install anything in the registry and is completely portable.

10/10/2020
360 Extreme Explorer 12.0.1550.0 Portable
Screenshot
http://vfl.ru/fotos/51562bea31889250.html

download
https://www.upload.ee/files/12372406/360Chrome_12.zip.html

I found this version at the bottom of this page, in the discussion area.

https://rsload.net/soft/browser/17362-360-browser.html

Edited by IXOYE

On 10/17/2020 at 4:10 PM, IXOYE said:

I found this version at the bottom of this page, in the discussion area.

https://rsload.net/soft/browser/17362-360-browser.html

I use this link for downloading the browser:

https://lrepacks.ru/repaki-programm-dlya-interneta/182-360-extreme-explorer-amp-portable.html

Edited by genieautravail