Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

On 6/18/2020 at 2:12 PM, genieautravail said:

Hey, thanks. I will do these mods and see how it goes. I briefly checked around and didn't see anything, but I'll have to use the browser a little to verify the results.

15 hours ago, Hunterw said:

Hey, thanks. I will do these mods and see how it goes. I briefly checked around and didn't see anything, but I'll have to use the browser a little to verify the results.

Go on YouTube and you will understand.

On 4/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, win32 said:

I just installed it on Windows 2000 and it works great, aside from the fact it seems to render lots of Western-signed HTTPS certificates invalid.

untitled4.thumb.png.7c3fbd13701ce1cf5775310b3b21d087.png

MSFN was also affected; click the hyperlink on the (far) left to proceed to the site.

What's the solution for this? I was trying to load my 12.0.1016 on a friend's computer and well, yeah. Lots of certificate errors, and clicking the link crashed the page half of the time, the other half my test site (avira.com) loaded incorrectly with no formatting.

I don't have these issues on my own computer.

47 minutes ago, Hunterw said:

What's the solution for this? I was trying to load my 12.0.1016 on a friend's computer and well, yeah. Lots of certificate errors, and clicking the link crashed the page half of the time, the other half my test site (avira.com) loaded incorrectly with no formatting.

That was version 11 on Windows 2000, which exhibited some other deficiencies compared to it on XP. But you should try updating the root certificates.

On 7/3/2020 at 4:11 PM, win32 said:

That was version 11 on Windows 2000, which exhibited some other deficiencies compared to it on XP. But you should try updating the root certificates.

Hi, thank you. I've never installed certificates manually before. Seems to work great, I only added a couple. I guess it's possible other important ones are missing but who can say.

Of course then 360 Extreme Browser decided to crash every single time it was closed, but that's another matter for another time. My friend came to get his computer, so, whatever!

Hey, does anyone know how to enable hardware acceleration in extreme explorer 12? Under "chrome://gpu" it tells me "GPU process was unable to boot: GPU access is disabled in chrome://settings." I looked everywhere in the settings but couldnt find anything related to GPU access or hardware acceleration. I also tried to enable "Override software rendering list" but that didn't change anything. The system is an AMD Phenom II X4 965, 4GB of RAM, HD4670 AGP running Windows XP. Hardware acceleration works fine on other browsers like Serpent or old Chrome versions... without hardware acceleration youtube videos are not playing smoothly, not even in 480p.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:22 PM, athlonxpuser said:

Hey, does anyone know how to enable hardware acceleration in extreme explorer 12? Under "chrome://gpu" it tells me "GPU process was unable to boot: GPU access is disabled in chrome://settings." I looked everywhere in the settings but couldnt find anything related to GPU access or hardware acceleration. I also tried to enable "Override software rendering list" but that didn't change anything. The system is an AMD Phenom II X4 965, 4GB of RAM, HD4670 AGP running Windows XP. Hardware acceleration works fine on other browsers like Serpent or old Chrome versions... without hardware acceleration youtube videos are not playing smoothly, not even in 480p.

I wonder if this has something to do with making it compatible with XP. The Advanced Chrome Developer backported Chromium 69 to Windows XP at one point, but he lost the code...and executable. During the process, he had to remove material design and disable hardware acceleration.

Well it seems like the issue isn't just related to Extreme Explorer 360 but indeed more like to Chrome in general. I tried the Yandex browser (based on Chrome 57) and the last official Chrome version for Windows XP which is Chrome 49 and there I have exactly the same issues. GPU process was unable to boot and no hardware acceleration available... Even though I'm sure it worked with old versions of Chrome in the past, I just can't remember if it was Chrome 49 or an even older version. So now I wonder if you guys here have the same issues or is something fcked up with my Win XP installation or drivers etc? Because the GPU is working pefectly fine in general and in Firefox-based browsers there are no issues with hardware acceleration.

On 8/31/2020 at 4:30 AM, athlonxpuser said:

Well it seems like the issue isn't just related to Extreme Explorer 360 but indeed more like to Chrome in general. I tried the Yandex browser (based on Chrome 57) and the last official Chrome version for Windows XP which is Chrome 49 and there I have exactly the same issues. GPU process was unable to boot and no hardware acceleration available... Even though I'm sure it worked with old versions of Chrome in the past, I just can't remember if it was Chrome 49 or an even older version. So now I wonder if you guys here have the same issues or is something fcked up with my Win XP installation or drivers etc? Because the GPU is working pefectly fine in general and in Firefox-based browsers there are no issues with hardware acceleration.

It looks like this is a limitation of the chrome engine, if you scroll down the page, there will be a list of "Problems Detected for Hardware GPU".

Hardware video decode is only supported in win7+: 159458
Disabled Features: accelerated_video_decode
Disable GPU on all Windows versions prior to and including Vista: 315199
Disabled Features: flash_stage3d, gpu_compositing, gpu_rasterization, flash3d, metal, accelerated_webgl2, accelerated_2d_canvas, protected_video_decode, oop_rasterization, accelerated_video_decode, android_surface_control, accelerated_webgl, flash_stage3d_baseline
GPU rasterization should only be enabled on NVIDIA and Intel and AMD RX-R2 GPUs with DX11+ or any GPU using ANGLE's GL backend.: 643850
Disabled Features: gpu_rasterization
Disable use of D3D11/WebGL2 on Windows Vista and lower
Disabled Features: accelerated_webgl2
Protected video decoding with swap chain is for Windows and Intel only
Disabled Features: protected_video_decode
Some drivers are unable to reset the D3D device in the GPU process sandbox
Applied Workarounds: exit_on_context_lost
Disable use of Direct3D 11 on Windows Vista and lower
Applied Workarounds: disable_d3d11

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, CIACIACIACIACIACIA said:

I want to ask a question.I run 360 Extreme Explorer and after that it exits.

It's hard to say, more information is needed. Are the updates installed, and what (normal and / or POSReady), C ++, what is the configuration of the computer, in particular what is the video card.

No matter what the video card is the chromium engine has bugs in the sector for detecting the graphic card as you might know.

The graphic card for information is a NVIDIA GFORCE FX5200 advanced model.

A lot of visual C++ redistributables are installed even the last version 2019.

Also a lot of updates are installed.

The russifier also was installed.

The versions that are used are 12.0.1458 and 12.0.1478

The computer has all the technical specifications for running very easy this browser and is fully compatible with windows 10 also.