Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

2 hours ago, genieautravail said:

Con Russian 360 Chrome Browser 12.0.1014.0, no tengo ningún problema con la interfaz, que se muestra en inglés para mí.

No probado con la compilación 1386.0.

Cómo haces eso ?

From the chrome itself it allows you to export the certificates. With extension .ssrt and you also import it from the browser. In my case export all.

After using the Russian 360 Chrome Explorer for a few months, it started feeling a bit long in the tooth, plus an odd blue screen under heavy usage and you can clearly see it needs to shake hands with .ru destinations.
My PC is very low spec by today's standards, its a little over 15 years old and the last motherboard of the 3 I once had.
Its about upgrade time.

So I clicked on a browser I installed about 2 years ago called Mypal and found it to be less of a resource hog and more slick.
Went to their webpage and noticed that someone was doing a lot of work keeping it updated.
Perhaps some people are using Mypal already, maybe time for others who have not tried it to give it a look.

Edited by BTTB
Grammar error

On 6/16/2020 at 8:47 AM, LORPAL said:

From the chrome itself it allows you to export the certificates. With extension .ssrt and you also import it from the browser. In my case export all.

OK, thank you, I understand now. :)

On 6/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, BTTB said:

After using the Russian 360 Chrome Explorer for a few months, it started feeling a bit long in the tooth, plus an odd blue screen under heavy usage and you can clearly see it needs to shake hands with .ru destinations.
My PC is very low spec by today's standards, its a little over 15 years old and the last motherboard of the 3 I once had.
Its about upgrade time.

With each new release, chromium is more and more heavy and slow.

On a barebone with an Intel Atom D525 from 2011, I use only the russian 360 Chrome Browser 11.0.2251.

Releases 12.x impact too heavily the resources of this computer.

I use the russian 360 Chrome Browser 12.0.1014 on a Zotac ID18 mini PC (celeron 1007U from 2013) and the result is good.

12 minutes ago, genieautravail said:

With each new release, chromium is more and more heavy and slow.

On a barebone with an Intel Atom D525 from 2011, I use only the russian 360 Chrome Browser 11.0.2251.

I'm using that version with a few glitches I failed to mention before.
Setup is a MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum board with 3200 AMD CPU.
-The Writing on forums become illegible unless you refresh the page constantly otherwise you need to close and reopen to view the words again.
-Some menu options not available on Internet Banking, whereas MyPal shows all options.
-Couple of other niggles, will post if I remember.

Its like version 11.0.2251 needs a patch or something.

Probably needs a reinstall, but happy with Mypal for the moment.

Edited by BTTB

These days I had to install Windows XP on my Intel Atom N270. A couple of years ago I was able to navigate with Windows 7 but now neither with 7 and 8.1 One hell, no browser had a decent performance.
I am sailing with the SRWare Iron 49 (with updated certificates) and the performance is excellent. Use Mypal and it is wonderful what they have done, but it will take a little more polishing performance.
Also try the 360 11xx and 12xx browsers. And I must say that version 12 on youtube has considerable lag. Of course, they use different versions of chrome, but the idea of using Windows XP is because our PC has limited resources. But anyway, maybe I will leave it as an alternative browser, as I said before it lacks spell checker and the language is annoying.

I edit: After testing various 360 12xxx browser settings I discovered that adding it in the DEP exception increases performance considerably. Also disable all background apps, check certifacate and speed optimizations options. I clarify that I tried it on youtube, which seems to me to be the best performance test.

Edited by LORPAL

I've been using 12.0.1016 for a while now, and it's not bad, but the worst thing is the Chinese and Russian. There seems to be no obvious way to tell the browser or sites that it shouldn't be Russian; pages keep showing up in Russian and not all of them let you easily switch languages, or remember when you do. The Chinese, well, some parts of the browser remain Chinese.

All in all it's significantly frustrating. Memory usage also seems high, loads of processes for just a few tabs. And now I'm reading updates might make it worse.

Great tool, but it hasn't been a main browser for me yet.

8 hours ago, Hunterw said:

I've been using 12.0.1016 for a while now, and it's not bad, but the worst thing is the Chinese and Russian. There seems to be no obvious way to tell the browser or sites that it shouldn't be Russian; pages keep showing up in Russian and not all of them let you easily switch languages, or remember when you do. The Chinese, well, some parts of the browser remain Chinese.

For web pages displayed in russian or in chinese, there is 2 solutions :

https://msfn.org/board/topic/178380-extreme-explorer-360-chromium-78-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1174038

https://msfn.org/board/topic/178380-extreme-explorer-360-chromium-78-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1175311

13 hours ago, LORPAL said:

it lacks spell checker

... For spell checking in 360EE v12, I'm using the following Chrome Web Store (CWS) extension: 

Grammar and Spell Checker - LanguageTool

... currently at version 3.1.6 - works quite well, albeit with a bit of fine tuning; I'm only enabling it when inputting text, like in this case... :sneaky:

(Like all extensions from CWS when installed on the patched version of 360EE v12, they are not checked automatically against CWS for newer releases, one has to do that manually, say, once weekly, and install the updated version also manually; NB: if you first uninstall the old version (in order to then proceed with the upgrade), all custom settings of the extension will be removed - better first back up the settings, where available...)

5 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Para la corrección ortográfica en 360EE v12, estoy usando la siguiente extensión de Chrome Web Store (CWS): 

Corrector gramatical y ortográfico - LanguageTool

... actualmente en la versión 3.1.6 - funciona bastante bien, aunque con un poco de ajuste fino; Solo lo habilito al ingresar texto, como en este caso ... :furtivo:

(Al igual que todas las extensiones de CWS cuando se instalan en la versión parcheada de 360EE v12, no se verifican automáticamente con CWS para las versiones más nuevas , uno tiene que hacerlo manualmente, digamos, una vez por semana, e instalar la versión actualizada también manualmente; NB: si primero desinstale la versión anterior (para luego continuar con la actualización), se eliminarán todas las configuraciones personalizadas de la extensión; mejor haga una copia de seguridad de la configuración, cuando esté disponible ...)

Thank you, I installed it but I had not paid attention. It is the best of all extensions and is apparently lightweight.

Just using 360EE for a weeks, this is what I observed in comparison to maxthon running XP
360EE 12.x == Maxthon 5.3.x -> this chrome engine is unstable on heavy html5 sites, crashing alot
360EE 11.x == Maxthon 5.2.x -> rock solid engine, but unlike above this version make XP wait forever on "repair" wifi connection (@disconnect step) unless I kill the browser processes first (felt like it getting in the way)

maxthon
pros: has good multilanguage support
cons: no TLS 1.3 (use windows networking), very limited configuration (has its own flags e.g mx://), has non-chrome addons/ui
360EE
pros: TLS 1.3 support, a true chrome clone all around.
cons: basically chinese only

in the chrome-dominated internet, it's great to have modern chrome (if you have PAE and big RAM) not a dwindling down browser just like XP marketshare.

nb: Opera 12 FTW!

7 hours ago, TuMaGoNx said:

nb: Opera 12 FTW!

I genuinely miss Presto, makes me think of how every other browser followed Opera that could have used their own rendering engine, pretty much. Shame they are adamant on their views about that leaked source code, they should just put it under a MIT licence at this point or something.

8 hours ago, CosmoDreamy said:

Realmente extraño Presto, me hace pensar en cómo todos los demás navegadores siguieron a Opera que podrían haber usado su propio motor de renderizado, más o menos. Es una pena que se mantengan firmes en sus puntos de vista sobre ese código fuente filtrado, solo deberían ponerlo bajo una licencia MIT en este momento o algo así.

There is Otter Browser who were part of the original creators. Use the webkit engine, not blink.
The last time you use it, it lacks immense development.

What means the cookies option "block accessing to records"?

(no info on Internet)

Is it possible to allow third-party cookies "only from the sites I visit" as in Mozilla?

Edited by Cixert

On 6/21/2020 at 9:51 PM, LORPAL said:

The last time you use it, it lacks immense development.

I mean, Otter is actually a cool project. Wish it was taken further, it reminds me of the likes of SeaMonkey or Devuan - giving choice back to the user :P

I've been following the Otter project for a long time, after being a total fanatic for Presto Opera 12, still the best browser ever IMO.
I still have it installed, and still use it on Windows 98!
Along with many others I was absolutely gutted when it was suddenly abandoned in favour of yet another Chromium clone.
Otter works well, and supports XP, but as you say its development is extremely slow, I suspect because it's now virtually a one man project.
:(

Edited by Dave-H
Typo