MSE Has Ended Support For Vista (Closed)

legacyfan

51 minutes ago, WindowsLover2000 said:

Microsoft Security Essentials Has Stopped Support For Vista Time To Find A New Antivirus

Yes, that has been true since April 2017. :dubbio:

Or do you mean to say that definition updates are no longer compatible with version 4.4.304.0 (released in 2013) even with SHA-2 support installed? That wouldn’t be very shocking either.

16 hours ago, WindowsLover2000 said:

The Old Version Wont Work Also

I surmise that you haven’t studied English very much, because I have no idea what information you are trying to convey. There is no new version of MSE: Even 4.10.209.0 has existed since November 2016. I was using it on  Vista 4 years ago, but unfortunately it ceased to function in April 2017 due to Microsoft’s “time bomb” (see MSE For Vista Now Shows XP Nag Screens). It is well known that 4.4.304.0 was the last version that did not contain this time bomb, and that MSE definition updates have been signed with SHA-2 (requiring certain Windows Server 2008 updates) since 2019. So, what exactly do you mean by “the old version won’t work also”? I haven’t tried it since July 2019 and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, but AFAIK it is still possible to manually download and install definition updates for it.

I Tested Microsoft Security Essentials Ver 4.4.304.0 and Microsoft Security Essentials  Ver 4.10.209.0 Both Of Them Wont Work For Me And Only Gives Me The Windows Vista Is Unsupported Thing And The AntiMalware Service Is Stuck And Wont Let Me Turn  It On I also Got The Sha2 Update For Server 2008 And That Did Not Fix It  (Also Im From America Not From Afganistan My Profile Settings Were Set Wrong)

58ed8a1123a54_MSEEoS.png.17b986e39bdffbab3f9c770aab431c75.png

457320.png

Edited by WindowsLover2000

• legacyfan changed the title to MSE Has Ended Support For Vista
4 hours ago, WindowsLover2000 said:

I Tested Microsoft Security Essentials Ver 4.4.304.0 and...Only Gives Me The Windows Vista Is Unsupported Thing And The AntiMalware Service Is Stuck And Wont Let Me Turn It On...

Frankly, that is false, and your screenshot is of some higher version that contains the EOL time bomb. As I already stated, it is well known around here that 4.4.304.0 did NOT contain the April 2017 time bomb. In July 2019, I posted a screenshot of that specific version working on Vista here. The only thing “not working” to my satisfaction was that it failed to prevent download of the EICAR test file more often than not, which is why I  prefer Avast antivirus on Vista. (Also It Is Not Customary To Capitalize Every Word In America.)

• legacyfan changed the title to MSE Has Ended Support For Vista (Closed)
  • Tommy locked this topic