Forum registration with Hotmail account?

ShaggyMoose

I just tried to register with a Hotmail address and never received the registration email. Resent a couple of times but nothing. Changed my address to a Gmail account and it worked immediately (although went to spam). Has the site been blacklisted by Microsoft? Do you need to configure an SPF record?

• 4 months later...

I can confirm this. I've been trying to register for two days with an msn/hotmail account and despite resending the activation many times, I never got it. Are msn accounts blocked?

Like the OP I had to use a gmail account to log in, but I check that like once a year, so how can I use my primary account here? msn (hotmail) account?

Neither Hotmail nor MSN are on the block list. Perhaps there is a technical reason, such as the email provider marking the forum emails as junk. There are two users in validating who have an MS email but neither are from Australia. If you want to PM me the email address you tried to sign up with, I can take a look see.

• 9 months later...

I had this same problem and also with another sort of related site. I could not verify my account with my Hotmail address. I had to use a different provider and it worked great.

• 3 months later...
On 3/9/2022 at 7:55 AM, xper said:

I hope it's fixed now. Sorry for inconvenience. 

Sorry for bumping this, but outlook email addresses (e.g. someone@outlook.com) do not work. I tried to change my account email to an outlook email, but nothing came in, not even to my junk box. I switched back to Gmail and it came in instantly (trying to declutter my Gmail a bit by moving some mails to Outlook). Other activation mails from other forums came in fine. Thanks in advanced for your help!

Edited by Jakob99