The best feature Windows 2000 needs in 2021

HelpJP

Well since it's 2021 allot of the people in the Windows 2k community made patches for the OS such as .Net Framework 4, Unofficial SP5, Visual C++ 2017, Windows Media Player 11. Modern browsers based on Chromium 54, Firefox 52.9 esr and up do their thing. Games like Portal 2, And the latest version of Minecraft (as of January 2021) work. KernelEX for 2000 was officially released almost a decade ago. And if i could i'd use it as a daily driver i wouldn't mind, however if i had to say what Windows 2000 was lacking compared to XP it would definitely be hardware support. Not allot of modern gpu's cpu's or motherboards support 2000 now a days and it kind of sucks because it definitely has potential.

6 hours ago, ApertureSketch said:

Well since it's 2021 allot of the people in the Windows 2k community made patches for the OS such as .Net Framework 4, Unofficial SP5, Visual C++ 2017, Windows Media Player 11. Modern browsers based on Chromium 54, Firefox 52.9 esr and up do their thing. Games like Portal 2, And the latest version of Minecraft (as of January 2021) work. KernelEX for 2000 was officially released almost a decade ago. And if i could i'd use it as a daily driver i wouldn't mind, however if i had to say what Windows 2000 was lacking compared to XP it would definitely be hardware support. Not allot of modern gpu's cpu's or motherboards support 2000 now a days and it kind of sucks because it definitely has potential.

So developers should develop unofficial Windows 2000 updates customized for the hardware side.

Edited by HelpJP

24 minutes ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Kernel extensions that are not language depent. I cannot install BWC kernel to my w2k system due my operating system language is finnish and it needs some english files that will mess dialogs and others

Unfortunately, for the time being, you must to change your system to the English language system

Hope is always there. Because the source code is the same except for English or Finnish versions. There are simple, superficial things that change. If the developers want to put all the languages, they can

Edited by HelpJP

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 5:32 AM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Need hope on future wont need. I am fine on english os but just like finnish one since nostalgia with it

You can translate extended kernel language. See the method here :

On 16/1/2021 at 6:59, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Extensiones de kernel que no dependen del idioma. No puedo instalar el kernel de BWC en mi sistema w2k porque el idioma de mi sistema operativo es finlandés y necesita algunos archivos en inglés que ensucian los diálogos y otros

It may sound silly but with resource hacker I was able to translate the extended kernel into Spanish.

If you want I can translate it for you, but I need some files at least with the updates required by the extended kernel.

6 hours ago, WinFX said:

No puedo instalar el kernel de BWC en mi sistema w2k porque el idioma de mi sistema operativo es finlandés y necesita algunos archivos en inglés que ensucian los diálogos y otros

It may sound silly but with resource hacker I was able to translate the extended kernel into Spanish.

If you want I can translate it for you, but I need some files at least with the updates required by the extended kernel.

I think the installed version of Windows 2000 should be in English, not Finnish then with the extended kernel translated, the Finnish language will return.

Edited by windows2