UXTheme.dll

Once my installation is complete and i install some of my themes all i get in the preview panel is mainly black where the graphics would be, this stops me clicking apply in the fear that i wont be able navigate back to unapply it as all buttons/titles bars etc are black. Pretty sure i have the latest version and i followed the guide that was part of the thread when the newest version was announced but to be sure where can i find the latest version and if the unattended websites installation instructions are out of date where can i find an updated version.

There isn't anything wrong with the uxtheme.dll file provided for Windows XP SP1. The only reason I can see from the problems you're getting is because you might be using a beta of Service Pack 2?

no it does come out black, and i takes ages to change back to a default scheme as all buttons and menus are black so you have to guess what is where. When i install Style XP everything is how it's supposed to be and all my installed themes are listed without directory structure changes being needed.

This happens to me when I try to apply a theme (or .msstyle) that is not located in %systemroot%\Resources\Themes\. That is, from, say, D:\Install\Themes\blank.theme and not C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\blank.theme.

Is this what you're doing?

• 4 weeks later...

go ahead and link....there's a hackd dll on the website. :)

http://www.windowsx.org/enhance/download/thememul.zip

that will download a multipatcher, I believe it's updated to teh latest SP2 build, not sure......

but just run it, it will patch your current uxtheme.dll, then just copy it out of the folder, modifype it, and the makecab, and then put it in I386

that will download a multipatcher, I believe it's updated to teh latest SP2 build

thanx,but this patcher not work for me with latest build sp2,but I found already a patched uxtheme and I modify it,now I must only try it! :)

thanx guys for your help!