hello how to enable tls 1.2 and if possible also 1.3

HaytamFrh

hello i use windows xp pro 32 bit and i have the latest sp3 and sp4 , i want to enable tls 1.2 , i know posready does have that update but seems like the windows update site is no longer working ? or is it just me guys?

yes.PNG

Welcome to MSFN. This question was most recently asked by Rod Steel in the POSReady thread:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/?do=findComment&comment=1190517

There is no TLS 1.3 for Internet Explorer, but roytam1’s UXP browsers fully support TLS 1.3. Firefox 52.9 had optional support for an experimental draft of TLS 1.3.

M$ cut off Windows Update for systems older than Windows 7 in October, which has also been discussed previously at MSFN.

2 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

There is no TLS 1.3 for Internet Explorer, but roytam1’s UXP browsers fully support TLS 1.3. Firefox 52.9 had optional support for an experimental draft of TLS 1.3.

I hoped so but with Mypal (FF68) i can see no TLS 1.3 support, despite from FF60+ TLS 1.3 would have been enabled by default

blob.thumb.png.684cb65b1820dd90576e1fb77ab2350e.png

On 1/7/2021 at 4:44 PM, Vistaboy said:

I hoped so but with Mypal (FF68) i can see no TLS 1.3 support, despite from FF60+ TLS 1.3 would have been enabled by default

rlly? lemme see

On 1/7/2021 at 1:38 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

Welcome to MSFN. This question was most recently asked by Rod Steel in the POSReady thread:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/?do=findComment&comment=1190517

M$ cut off Windows Update for systems older than Windows 7 in October, which has also been discussed previously at MSFN.

hey sir , how do i enable 1.1 and 1.2 tls sir?  provide me a download or something

On 1/7/2021 at 4:44 PM, Vistaboy said:

in my maypal tls 1.3 works its the latest verison btw

14 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I never used Mypal (and roytam1 is not the developer), but if it works on XP, then it is not based on Firefox 68 (User Agent certainly does not prove otherwise). Maybe @feodor2 can tell you how to enable TLS 1.3 in that browser?

how do i enable 1.1 tls and 1.2 in Internet explorer ? link to the link of that posready file

18 hours ago, HaytamFrh said:

how do i enable 1.1 tls and 1.2 in Internet explorer ? link to the link of that posready file

Personally, I have not used XP since I upgraded to Vista about 13 years ago, but I have enabled TLS 1.1 and 1.2 for IE9 on Vista. If you hope to turn IE8 into a good browser to use in 2021, then you are probably wasting your time. Here’s another link where this was already discussed at MSFN:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177500-upgrading-ie8-to-tls-12/

On 1/8/2021 at 2:37 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

Personally, I have not used XP since I upgraded to Vista about 13 years ago, but I have enabled TLS 1.1 and 1.2 for IE9 on Vista. If you hope to turn IE8 into a good browser to use in 2021, then you are probably wasting your time. Here’s another link where this was already discussed at MSFN:

ok

On 1/8/2021 at 2:37 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

its very unclear instruction they putted there , is there any prgram that has all of posready updates?

that would be the solotion but that topic is very unclear

1 hour ago, HaytamFrh said:

its very unclear instruction they putted there

Everything you need to know is in the first few posts there.

Install kb4019276 and kb4316682, then enable TLS 1.2 in IE settings.

If it doesn't show up as an option, save the following as a .reg file and import it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\TLS1.1]
"OSVersion"="3.5.1.0.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\TLS1.2]
"OSVersion"="3.5.1.0.0"

P.S. avoid double-posting. You can easily edit your last post instead.

21 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

If it doesn't show up as an option, save the following as a .reg file and import it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\TLS1.1]
"OSVersion"="3.5.1.0.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\TLS1.2]
"OSVersion"="3.5.1.0.0"

ok xpmate , thanks for halp

21 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

"OSVersion"="3.5.1.0.0"

"OSVersion"="3.5.1.0.0"

now could u provide me with an exe that has all the posready updates? cuz the update site no longer working
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by dencorso
Banned on Rule #1