Missing <Edit> Button/Control

D.Draker

38 minutes ago, Dixel said:

The website is completely broken for me . Any pop-up menu is not working , even sign-in . I can't edit posts , I can't select options in the messenger . Everything worked fine right until the recent changes. Clear cache and reboot PC is not helping ( surpise xD ) . I'm on Chrome 88 and Vista.

Chrome 87 and Windows 10. Everything works.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:27 PM, xper said:

Chrome 87 and Windows 10. Everything works.

31st of December 2020 - works cool (even with disabled remote fonts), 1st of January 2021 - all hell breaks loose .

It has nothing to do with the operating system. It's the new java , scripts and remote fonts. I'm glad it is working for the creator himself though.

I've been away for some time , now logged in and everything works again , except the odd squares in the menus.

Edited by D.Draker
site satrted to work somewhat ok after several months

15 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

31rd of December 2020 - works cool (even with disabled remote fonts), 1st of January 2021 - all hell breaks loose .

It has nothing to do with the operating system. It's the new java , scripts and remote fonts. I'm glad it is working for the creator himself though.

I'm not the creator. One more sarcastic comment and you will be banned. Period.

I have set gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled" to false and the icons are visible and recognisable now.

And anyway "browser.display.use_document_fonts" to 0. The like/upvote button on KM76 remains grey

Edited by schwups

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

31rd of December 2020 - works cool (even with disabled remote fonts), 1st of January 2021 - all hell breaks loose .

I have been wondering, you use Firefox 78 that is not officially supported on Vista, with the extended kernel and you along with Dixel seem rather adamant to update, so you use local method.

I along with @Ximonite use the system file replacement method with all Vista updates installed and we don't have your issue. Don't misunderstand me. Think about it. Also, respect @xper

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

"And I'm really sorry for users who prefer (at least some privacy)"..

Please note my latest posting in that thread you linked re google fonts.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/176837-disable-web-fonts-in-google-chromemozilla-firefox/

Yes, respect @xper - change is inevitable - I fully understand that. Its the struggle to adapt to change (both online and IRL) that is easier said than done. 

Edited by XPerceniol

Regarding the "messy icons / weird rectangles" prob:
found a great workaround-solution, even for Firefox 3.5 era browsers :)
Just add FontAwesome to the family list of your normal browser fonts!
This method works FAST and respects PRIVACY.
It does NOT need to allow websites to download fonts,
and does NOT even need to allow websites to "chose" other fonts.
(except a few extra creative website who create their very own individual icon fonts)

More details:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/176837-disable-web-fonts-in-google-chromemozilla-firefox/?do=findComment&comment=1193872

4 hours ago, Win10-Hater said:

I have been wondering, you use Firefox 78 that is not officially supported on Vista, with the extended kernel and you along with Dixel seem rather adamant to update, so you use local method.

I along with @Ximonite use the system file replacement method with all Vista updates installed and we don't have your issue. Don't misunderstand me. Think about it. Also, respect @xper

Please do the research and read what others wrote . It's kind of basics . As one ot the members mentioned , it has nothing to do with the system and/or the ex-kernel . Kernel just redirects the missing APIs and that's it ! I have the same issue with the same browser on Win 7 on another machine , and yes , I do block the remote fonts and will continue to do that .

As for this website , well , I'll just use it much less frequent. Can't stand the white background , and I've read somewhere that you don't like it too. 

I'm not waiting for your reply , all of the above is proven and/or rethorical .

• 2 months later...

I'd like to say that everything went back to normal for me. Menus are working and all is fine .

Just forgot to write earlier , thanks for the fix ! I did not change the browser , I'm on Chrome x64 and Vista x64.