Modified taskmgr on XP

jack980517

Around 2010~2013, I saw, on an XP installation, a taskmgr that had "image path" and "command line" in the "select columns" list. It had the Vista taskmgr icon as well. Officially, these two columns were added in Vista. But of course, the Vista taskmgr couldn't run on XP. A friend suggested that this might be the result of a KernelEx-like modifications, with the modified DLLs embedded in the program. Googling returned no results.

Does anyone here have this version of taskmgr? Or, does anyone know how to make one manually?

17 hours ago, jack980517 said:

Around 2010~2013, I saw, on an XP installation, a taskmgr that had "image path" and "command line" in the "select columns" list. It had the Vista taskmgr icon as well. Officially, these two columns were added in Vista. But of course, the Vista taskmgr couldn't run on XP. A friend suggested that this might be the result of a KernelEx-like modifications, with the modified DLLs embedded in the program. Googling returned no results.

Does anyone here have this version of taskmgr? Or, does anyone know how to make one manually?

that is come from longhorn 5xxx builds.

23 hours ago, roytam1 said:

that is come from longhorn 5xxx builds.

could you give an exact build number that works? i don't want to download every single post-reset longhorn build just to take out taskmgr.

I checked Vista 5456, but the taskmgr.exe there has missing imports from nearly all DLLs, so look  for older builds.

I tried to make it start by replacing the imports to similar ones... couldn't finish because one import was without a name (shown as N/A).

Why not use Process Explorer - it has those columns and more :D