rtx 30xx series not compatible

Jaguarek62

Are you sure you downloaded the right drivers? How exactly did you install them? Do you have a left over video driver installation?

NVidia's driver site clearly says they support Windows 8.1 and even 7, so if it doesn't work, that's basically false advertising, which is a BIG no-no.

Edited by AeroSeeker

8 minutes ago, AeroSeeker said:

Are you sure you downloaded the right drivers? How exactly did you install them? Do you have a left over video driver installation?

NVidia's driver site clearly says they support Windows 8.1 and even 7, so if it doesn't work, that's basically false advertising, which is a BIG no-no.

I've uninstalled them using ddu, but the setup just wont go. stating "This version of windows is not supported". On windows 7 everything worked great. even the older driver from rtx 2060 got immediately picked up. I mean this is some serious letdown. I would not purchased the gpu if I knew that.

Edited by Jaguarek62

53 minutes ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Well, this is it?

I'm seriously shocked. I guess my downgrade to windows 10 will be sooner than I expected.

I got code 43 in device manager, nvidia said that my os is not supported. even modding the inf does nothing.

https://prnt.sc/w9aogb

This sounds similar to NVIDIA drivers also blocking earlier builds of Windows 10. Which driver version are you using?

5 minutes ago, win32 said:

Anyway, NVIDIA did officially dump 8.1. This driver query service only returns results for 7 and not 8.1:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

But that was also true for rtx 2060 yet the driver still included 8.1

anyways, I’ll probably downgrade my pc to windows 10 until I find solution to this

Does anyone know which version is the last one to work and the first one to fail (on RTX 2xxx and GTX 1xxx of course)? I already did a quick mod of 460.89's main kernel mode driver looking at the version checking spots that didn't seem to be in the earlier (372.70 for example) ones I've checked.

It's a big shame since 8.x has some big advantages at install time to those who aren't accustomed to NT 6.x-style slipstreaming like me. And is 2012R2 far more suitable to workstation conversion than 2016/2019 (but unsure about 2008 R2 and 2008).

17 minutes ago, win32 said:

Does anyone know which version is the last one to work and the first one to fail (on RTX 2xxx and GTX 1xxx of course)? I already did a quick mod of 460.89's main kernel mode driver looking at the version checking spots that didn't seem to be in the earlier (372.70 for example) ones I've checked.

It's a big shame since 8.x has some big advantages at install time to those who aren't accustomed to NT 6.x-style slipstreaming like me. And is 2012R2 far more suitable to workstation conversion than 2016/2019 (but unsure about 2008 R2 and 2008).

Nvidia only blocks rtx 30xx series on windows 8.x

rtx 2060 still works on the latest driver version.

2 hours ago, win32 said:

Anyway, NVIDIA did officially dump 8.1. This driver query service only returns results for 7 and not 8.1:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

What are you talking about? For the 3060 Ti, it clearly lists both 7 and 8 versions.

EDIT: Oh wait... Search returned no results. But there's drivers for... Windows 7... What the f***, NVidia? Why... What????

ZpBzNej.gif

Edited by AeroSeeker

29 minutes ago, AeroSeeker said:

What are you talking about? For the 3060 Ti, it clearly lists both 7 and 8 versions.

EDIT: Oh wait... Search returned no results. But there's drivers for... Windows 7... What the f***, NVidia? Why... What????

ZpBzNej.gif

I feel like I was scammed. Now I can't even use MY OWN hardware... it is artificial block. They should have at least let us install the windows 7 driver.

By the way, the only difference bewteen nt 6.1 and nt 6.3 section is this:

%NVIDIA_DEV.2204%           = Section165, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2204                 
%NVIDIA_DEV.2206%           = Section165, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2206                 
%NVIDIA_DEV.2484%           = Section165, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2484                 
%NVIDIA_DEV.2486%           = Section165, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2486  = mine rtx 3060Ti

unfortunately, modding the inf does nothing (code 43)

1 hour ago, win32 said:

The first driver version to support the RTX 3060 TI was the 457.51 (I keep an archive of all the drivers for this card).

I tested this version as soon as I acquired the card on 8.0, and it Code 43'd on me right away.

Edited by greenhillmaniac