Windows 7 and 8 in 2021

Jaguarek62

16 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

O&O Shut Up can break things, like microphones, because it disables those along with everything else

Lack of updates doesn't really cause any problems, especially lack of security updates

Open-Shell is just a band-aid on a broken pane of glass

🔪 (Joke)

Then don't disable the mics. There are switches in the software!

Your second point is wrong because vulnerabilities that can only be dealt with using such updates.

The third point is obvious as UI is superfluous. The drive to make something look exactly like Win 7 at the expense of everything else makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, monkeylove said:

2K, Vista, and XP have no security updates, and 7 and 8.1 will be losing them soon. Telemetry will be the least of your problems. Given that, you are better off using another OS brand.

You don't need to make Win 10 look exactly like 7, but if that's your obsession, then stick to 7 at all costs.

You don't need security updates to stay secure. Just do not download random s*** from the internet. Also having secondary laptop for internet banking is not a bad idea. Windows Vista/7/8 will be usable as long as software do support them.. (extended kernel is saving vista right now) and btw vista is getting server 2008 esu security patches ;) 

I guess if you're the president of the usa then don't use windows xp?

1 hour ago, Jaguarek62 said:

You don't need security updates to stay secure. Just do not download random s*** from the internet. Also having secondary laptop for internet banking is not a bad idea. Windows Vista/7/8 will be usable as long as software do support them.. (extended kernel is saving vista right now) and btw vista is getting server 2008 esu security patches ;) 

Almost every type of malware you can get is from human error or from being an administrator. By having common sense and requiring yourself to enter in an administrator's password to run an application, you are almost unpenetrable, except for the 0days and malware that litterally can break through those barriers.

1 hour ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Rightly said!!! :thumbupYou don't have to have the security updates unless you know what you're doing. They are only supplements to a smart Brain.exe. So, all legacy Windows versions are still usable at least for the next 3 years.

3 hours ago, monkeylove said:

Why even bother? Vista has no security updates.

What do  you mean? Vista still is receiving security patches till 2023. 

I use Vista only because Windows 10 is crap and Vista is awesome. If Windows 10 was good, then I'd be using it on all of my PC's. In fact, all the PC's in the house used to run Windows 10, but none of them still do. I have all of MS products that I need. MS lost a loyalist customer!!

Edited by Win10-Hater
added a helpful link

6 hours ago, monkeylove said:

Why even bother? Vista has no security updates.

Ha ha ha , I've never installed them . Zero. None. I even know there is a guy here , who still runs RTM , so ?

18 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Yes, I’m sure. Even if you use the old launcher you cannot play on the newest patch. This prevents you from playing online. Trust me, I would love to say that it works

I don't know about the multiplayer , so can't comment on that , but single player works. The latest patch is just so not needed .

Read all the negative reviews. Banned modding , etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/6hgeqh/gta_5s_recent_reviews_have_now_hit_mostly_negative/

20 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Open-Shell is just a band-aid on a broken pane of glass

I wanted to addon: Open Shell is just an ineffective bandaid on a broken windowpane. I know, Open Shell/Classic Shell is a great application, but it makes sense to use only on Windows 8.x which is easier to tweak than the god-awful Windows 10. @monkeylove, do you understand why and how I hate Windows 10 now?

1 hour ago, Win10-Hater said:

What do  you mean? Vista still is receiving security patches till 2023. 

I use Vista only because Windows 10 is crap and Vista is awesome. If Windows 10 was good, then I'd be using it on all of my PC's. In fact, all the PC's in the house used to run Windows 10, but none of them still do. I have all of MS products that I need. MS lost a loyalist customer!!

Well said!!! :thumbup And thumbs down to Win10 :thumbdown

On 12/29/2020 at 4:26 AM, Dixel said:

I don't know about the multiplayer , so can't comment on that , but single player works. The latest patch is just so not needed .

Read all the negative reviews. Banned modding , etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/6hgeqh/gta_5s_recent_reviews_have_now_hit_mostly_negative/

That’s not completely true. Firstly this is a 3 years old post and modding has been reverted to it’s original state after this backlash. Single player might work with a cracked copy, but not with steam or cd version. Even single player depends on online function such as social club to verify game ownership, stock market in single player is online based. I only play multiplayer with friends nowadays anyway so even cracked version of the game would not cut it (not to mention I don’t support game piracy)

5 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

That’s not completely true. Firstly this is a 3 years old post and modding has been reverted to it’s original state after this backlash. Single player might work with a cracked copy, but not with steam or cd version. Even single player depends on online function such as social club to verify game ownership, stock market in single player is online based. I only play multiplayer with friends nowadays anyway so even cracked version of the game would not cut it (not to mention I don’t support game piracy)

Hi , first off , I guess it is good that you don't support "piracy" , though I don't understand why you even mentioned it . Are you accusing me of something ? Here you go , all official requirements for LEGAL game copies , it includes Windows Vista SP2 x64 !

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/grand-theft-auto-v/12455

And modding is not piracy , it's official in this case. About the multiplayer , I told you , I don't know anything , sorry .  And you just wrote "I only play multiplayer" , so this seems like a pointless discussion. Like I said , I don't understand why you are being like this . What have I done to deserve this ? I gave you a chance to have a normal conversation , yet I see hostility again . I don't like your tone and these "hints" , so please stop writing to me, I won't reply. 

Edited by Dixel
added link to the game requirements

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

Hi , first off , I guess it is good that you don't support "piracy" , though I don't understand why you even mentioned it . Are you accusing me of something ? Here you go , all official requirements for LEGAL game copies , it includes Windows Vista SP2 x64 !

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/grand-theft-auto-v/12455

And modding is not piracy , it's official in this case. About the multiplayer , I told you , I don't know anything , sorry .  And you just wrote "I only play multiplayer" , so this seems like a pointless discussion. Like I said , I don't understand why you are being like this . What have I done to deserve this ? I gave you a chance to have a normal conversation , yet I see hostility again . I don't like your tone and these "hints" , so please stop writing to me, I won't reply. 

So first of all why are you hostile againts me? where did I accuse you of something? What exactly have I done to you??? Alright this was my last reply to any of your posts, but you seriously misunderstands me.

[Moderator's note: Suggestions about illegal activity, even indirectly, are not permitted here]

On 12/28/2020 at 12:59 PM, Win10-Hater said:

1. You have Google Chrome and Opera (which, as you all know, are Chromium forks) as alternatives to Edge which work with the extended kernel , and also, Edge will work on Vista in some time as win32 is working on adding more functions to the extended kernel files which will allow Edge to function.

2. Discord: There's Ripcord which is a Discord client that works even with vanilla Vista.

3. Skype: I use Skype on my secondary Windows 8.1 computer now and I'm thinking of dualbooting Windows Vista with 8.0 Pro x64 on my main laptop to use Skype. But if Skype becomes open-source (I don't know whether it is), I will try working on backporting it to Windows 2000, XP and Vista.

4. Avast: Avast is still supporting Vista, though no new feature updates for Vista (or older) are being released, which, IMO, is not a big deal.

5. Office 2019: It's ugly, slow and bloated (as @WinClient5270 rightly said somewhere), or, in other words, crap. I still use Office 2010 on all my computers and when it becomes completely obsolete, I'll move on to Google Suite/Zoho Suite (both are online services) or LibreOffice.

6. ShareX: It works with .net FW 4.7.2 which can be installed on Vista through @WinFX's method.

7. Teamviewer: Why do you need it when you have AnyDesk, which supports XP through 10?

Rest of the programs, I don't know about them.

So i took the time and effort to verify all these claims. to chrome and opera i can see that you cant install extensions = unusable because of adblocker.

ripcord is straight up teamspeak without any screenshare functions and looks horrible in my opinion.

like you said skype is not working at all

no alternative to avast so that means vista is without any av software.

i like metro design of the office 2019 and as someone pointed out here it starts really quickly on ssd.

i looked in vista forum and person called dixel actually said that .net 4.6 and up does not work properly on vista soooo

well i can use any desk i give you that. also when i use windows 8 i dont have to configure my pc for hours before i can use it so now pls answer this: would you recommend vista to your friend?

and also itunes is not working (well tbh it no longer updates on 8.1 as well), spotify is not working, obs is not working and every gaming client is out of question as well most of newer games.

Edited by BluePanda98