correct way of installing gart / chipset and radeon ipg 345m drivers for windows 2000

cov3rt

i will be testing a new setup under windows 2000 with SP4, the laptop uses the radeon ipg345m gpu, with hardware id of "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4337&SUBSYS_0850103C" to be exact. my question is what is the correct way of install the chipset / gartnt drivers in order to get the gpu to work without the black screen problem, as i encountered this in the past and never got a working solution for this, and ultimately gave up using these family of gpu / chipsets, but here i am again trying to see if i can get it to work. now i have two gpu packages, but i do not which i want to try 1st, the 1st one is version "6.14.10.6436", which has i believe the same exact hardware id of the laptop, the other one is version "6.14.10.6490" and only is for DEV_4337, and part of the radeon omega 2.5.90 or aka catalyst 4.10 beta package. 

the laptop model is hp compaq nx9010. oddly, the official website doesn't list any specific chipset / gartnt drivers, despite having selectable windows 2000 for OS, and doesn't mention the radeon gpu, but rather the intel 852/855 gpu. when going to driverscape, it does list the radeon igp 345m, although the version is the same, it only included the xp version of inf, but not the 2k version, so i downloaded a 2K specific version off microsoft catalog, also for the system / chipset inf section, i noticed 2 different versions being listed, it occured to me that perhaps both might be needed, so i downloaded both, however, the packages appear in excess, at least, it seems that i wouldn't necessarily need the other stuff in them such as ide controller related / smbus, only the gartNT specific folders, but i dont know, so thats why im asking here to see what the correct way would be to go about all this. should i be launching the setup.exe or w.e from the main package of these individual packages with all of the contents, or would running setup.exe from the 2 gartnt folders be sufficient in preparation for the gpu driver installation afterwards? 

also, just something frustrating i'd like to share but the only site that might have had a more straightforward solution, unfortunately blocks showing the solutions for the problems of the thread, unless you pay and register with them, here is the thread below:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/21690630/ATI-IGP-345m-Driver-for-Windows-2000.html

so i guess i found a working solution, at least tested on the hp compaq nx9010 laptop but i hope it works for all other systems. so i went ahead and installed the GARTnt 5.0.2196.1011beta, and then gartNT 5.0.2196.1015, to ensure i installed them correctly, i intend on carry the same method in the future, which is to run setup.exe first, then atigart.exe from both packages, then check device manager and ensure that in system devices, you now have a new or newer entry, it may have igp340m in it, then restart the system and go to the device manager and point to the gpu inf package for the yellow video controller that has no driver installed or whichever one corresponds with the correct hardware id of the gpu driver, in this case, i used "6.14.10.6490" gpu driver, or under other names, the omega radeon 2.5.90 / catalyst 4.10 beta, it asks to restart, and upon restart, a working gpu driver with 1024x768 resolution in 32 bit color. it's unclear if i ever tested this omega radeon package before and / or used the same gartnt procedure, but hopefully this can work on other systems.