The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

22 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I have no sound in the game because it wants me to install DX9 (!) 9.0b or c from 2000, why do I need it, I don't understand.

XAudio2? Most versions of it are old, 2.0 to 2.7 are from 2008-2010, so old, but not that old. 2.8 shipped with Windows 8 and 2.9 shipped with Windows 10 and is available as redistributable DLL for Windows 7/8.x. Version 2.8 is redirected to 2.9 on Windows 10.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/xaudio2/xaudio2-versions

22 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Will you help me with making a portable sound fix ? thank you !

Wouldn't it be better to fix whatever is messing with your audio? Still doesn't make sense presence of XAudio2 DLLs would mess with audio, they just sit there, waiting to be used by something that outputs, like other sound APIs' DLLs. Maybe @win32 knows something?

12 hours ago, msfntor said:

But maybe you would prefer me to talk about games... I don't like electronic games, I've never played them, I don't like artificial representations of characters doing things that are impossible for real people to do, I think it's stuff for children and a waste of time instead of doing something useful in our unique lives, sorry... So you get into the artificial, and then you lose your only time in the real, in life... sorry.  The difference is like the difference between a real woman and a doll. That's what I think.
And you, what do you think about all this

I think we're all wasting time one way or another. Real life!? Meh...

Edited by UCyborg

On 1/19/2023 at 1:57 AM, UCyborg said:

I already abandoned them in a sense that I don't have practical use for computing on them anymore since Win10 runs everything that I need satisfactorily.

I still keep using XP and 7, but inside VMs (virtual machines).

On 1/19/2023 at 12:57 AM, UCyborg said:

I mostly prefer native ... , especially for such fun 

965781b5fe88e42659212c1a90d6f22b.jpg

South American Indian Woman

Found here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/336784878354273673/

2E0FCACA00000578-0-image-a-8_14465499823

Strong Left Hand and his family, who lived in Northern Cheyenne Reservation in 1906

From: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3301817/Posing-camera-stunning-colored-images-lives-Native-Americans-19th-century-tribal-chiefs-dancers-medicine-men.html

Me too, I like the Native Americans... I will write about it tomorrow if you want me to...:yes:

Edited by msfntor
additions

6 hours ago, msfntor said:

Beautiful Relaxing Music • Peaceful Piano Music & Guitar Music | Sunny Mornings by @PederBHellandMusic

by Soothing Relaxation

214,568,444 views Oct 7, 2018 #relaxingmusic #relax #soothingrelaxation

Beautiful relaxing music by Peder B. Helland. Enjoy peaceful piano music and guitar music ("Sunny Mornings" ) with birds singing in the background. Stream or download music from Soothing Relaxation: https://soothingrelaxation.lnk.to/lis... 💿 Track information: Title: Sunny Mornings Composer: @PederBHellandMusic Index: ★151 Album: Sunny Mornings

Follow Peder B. Helland on... Website: https://pederbhelland.lnk.to/websiteYL Facebook: https://pederbhelland.lnk.to/facebookYL Instagram: https://pederbhelland.lnk.to/instagramYL Listen to more relaxing music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Message from the composer and creator of Soothing Relaxation: "I am a composer from Norway and I started this channel with a simple vision: to create a place that you can visit whenever you want to sit down and relax. I compose music that can be labeled as for example: sleep music, calm music, yoga music, study music, peaceful music, beautiful music and relaxing music. I love to compose music and I put a lot of work into it. Thank you very much for listening and for leaving feedback. Every single day I am completely astonished by all your warm support and it really inspires me to work even harder on my music. If you enjoy my work, I would be very happy if you decided to subscribe and join our community. Have a wonderful day or evening!" - Peder B. Helland, composer for Soothing Relaxation © Copyright: Music composed by Peder B. Helland.

Soothing Relaxation

8 hours ago (edited)

Welcome to Soothing Relaxation! My name is Peder B. Helland and I compose music for relaxation. This track is called "Sunny Mornings". What do you think? Have a wonderful day 10-hour version without bird sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WVXk0Gz66E

Enjoying this new. 8:30 on the dot and time to find something to watch was not a awful day, but. also, empty spots and questioning everything even part of the past that were sort of 'set in stone' I'm unsure that I happened. That is very bad when I question my life during that time. Very large haze that spanned over 2 decades or more and now I sit here at 50 are a big fog in between. I was never thirsty during my 30's and 40's and I admit I only have myself to blame for that and I accept my part in this reality I now find myself in. 

Question for anybody.

Does anyone else question part(s) of the past and wonder W.T.F...?

Good night everyone.

19 hours ago, msfntor said:

I think, and I'm a bit worried, about the twists and turns in my head, it almost makes me fall when I get up for the first time... it's new, since 3 days. I feel as if my brain is spinning in my head when I'm getting up and I almost lose my balance... And I'm careful not to stand up too quickly. Maybe it's because my little pillow isn't positioned properly and sometimes hurts my neck.

But maybe you would prefer me to talk about games... I don't like electronic games, I've never played them, I don't like artificial representations of characters doing things that are impossible for real people to do, I think it's stuff for children and a waste of time instead of doing something useful in our unique lives, sorry... So you get into the artificial, and then you lose your only time in the real, in life... sorry.  The difference is like the difference between a real woman and a doll. That's what I think.
And you, what do you think about all this?

You have to measure your blood pressure ASAP ! Could be low pressure , and get well soon !

It's not uncommon when people talk about PC games on a PC forum, you know.

I think PC games are good, not all, but some are very good.

7 hours ago, UCyborg said:

XAudio2? Most versions of it are old, 2.0 to 2.7 are from 2008-2010, so old, but not that old. 2.8 shipped with Windows 8 and 2.9 shipped with Windows 10 and is available as redistributable DLL for Windows 7/8.x. Version 2.8 is redirected to 2.9 on Windows 10.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/xaudio2/xaudio2-versions

Wouldn't it be better to fix whatever is messing with your audio? Still doesn't make sense presence of XAudio2 DLLs would mess with audio, they just sit there, waiting to be used by something that outputs, like other sound APIs' DLLs. Maybe @win32 knows something?

Well, it's only one type of games that have this problem, the ones that are ported from XBox.

Thank you for the link. I tried to install these DLLs right when the music was playing, it had a cracking sound, music interrupted and then I could hear my super

grade audio got that dreaded cheap sound of mp3. I listen to 24bit 192Khz on my PC. I asked win32.

I had to reinstall the whole system to get my quality back ! So they aren't just sitting ... 

7 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Enjoying this new. 8:30 on the dot and time to find something to watch was not a awful day, but. also, empty spots and questioning everything even part of the past that were sort of 'set in stone' I'm unsure that I happened. That is very bad when I question my life during that time. Very large haze that spanned over 2 decades or more and now I sit here at 50 are a big fog in between. I was never thirsty during my 30's and 40's and I admit I only have myself to blame for that and I accept my part in this reality I now find myself in. 

Question for anybody.

Does anyone else question part(s) of the past and wonder W.T.F...?

Good night everyone.

It's especially for you, this beautiful green ray from the camera lens reflecting the sun at 8:35... So don't ever lose hope, the ray can come at any moment of your life!

- Wasn't it you who said that you shouldn't go back and feel remorse for the past, but that you should go forward? It seems to me...

Especially when you are still young at the age of 50 and have your whole life ahead of you. Accept yourself for once and for all. Give yourself a hug at last.

Say, isn't it the drugs they give you that make you think dark thoughts? The less drugs the better. Poor Jack Nicholson.

I also have a short memory and remember NOTHING. But I deal with it with an eye to the future.

Haha, the thing is, when I do my posts, I can have my memories... the posts are my memory cap.

About drug Botox: 

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

You have to measure your blood pressure ASAP ! Could be low pressure , and get well soon !

It's not uncommon when people talk about PC games on a PC forum, you know.

I think PC games are good, not all, but some are very good.

Thank you, but my blood pressure is exemplaire. I'm well now, I didn't have to get up too quickly, I'm following Mina and Sal's recommendations, so all is OK now.

I think that ALL games are NOT good. For infants (before all) not good, after adolescence in day and night games you have adults who can neither write nor speak well, nor be useful in society. With mental deficiencies. 

8 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I tried to install these DLLs right when the music was playing, it had a cracking sound, music interrupted and then I could hear my super

grade audio got that dreaded cheap sound of mp3. I listen to 24bit 192Khz on my PC. I asked win32.

I had to reinstall the whole system to get my quality back ! So they aren't just sitting ... 

"a cracking sound, music interrupted"?..

It's your system which is weak and losing power over time, cluttered? Give it more memory, better audio/video card, better processor, components, clean it often with CCleaner, brush...

Edited by msfntor

Crosby, Stills & Nash Co-Founder David Crosby Died At 81 From COVID-19, Sources Claim

david-crosby-pp-1674171694531.jpg

Crosby, Stills & Nash co-founder David Crosby allegedly died from COVID-19, sources claimed after his wife issued a statement revealing that he had battled a long illness.

The singer, guitarist, and songwriter, known for being a part of the original line-up of The Byrds, was surrounded by loved ones, wife and soulmate Jan Dance, and son Django when he took his last breath.

He was likely vaccinated, but potentially had comorbidities, according to a new report on January 19 published by Roger Friedman's Showbiz411.

RadarOnline.com has reached out to his rep for comment.

"Although he is no longer here with us, his humanity and kind soul will continue to guide and inspire us. His legacy will continue to live on through his legendary music," his grieving widow shared in a statement. "Peace, love, and harmony to all who knew David and those he touched. We will miss him dearly. At this time, we respectfully and kindly ask for privacy as we grieve and try to deal with our profound loss. Thank you for the love and prayer."

Crosby founded Byrds with members Roger McGuinn, Gene Clark, Chris Hillman, and Michael Clarke, later joining forces with Stephen Stills of Buffalo Springfield and Graham Nash of the Hollies to create Crosby, Stills & Nash (later Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young).

MORE at radar_logo_neon.png here: https://radaronline.com/p/david-crosby-died-from-covid-19-health-issues/

On 1/21/2023 at 11:10 AM, msfntor said:

I think that ALL games are NOT good. For infants (before all) not good, after adolescence in day and night games you have adults who can neither write nor speak well, nor be useful in society. With mental deficiencies.

Those adults have some other underlying issue. Can't blame it on games.

Edited by UCyborg