The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

50 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Yeah, that is the thing with my writing, when I'm low, it reflects in my word choices. It got quite dark at times, but from that darkness I was the light and here I am. Some days are dark days still despite all the therapy and pills and shots.  

During the dark days don't write, here you go... try to sleep until it passes...

50 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

pills and shots

are horrible...?  - artificial, may do better in a short period of time, then still pills and pills... Do you lack essential vitamins and elements? This could be seen in the blood test.

In order to live it is necessary to eat better, if you can, you (and all animals too) are made for good nutrition, not for the pills and still pills... To feed the doctor's family... isn't that your family?

Edited by msfntor

image.png.d8a8a6bc956b7a0d91fc964cebd2fbd1.png

Meet the Grizzly Bear - Get to know grizzly bears and where they live - by Lara Winegar, Esri's StoryMaps team: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/0a718288bcb44cbe9f5cf439179b719d

image.png.e6d1e75009f7c067c070b0f29d58da5b.png

Baby bears often look like their mom or dad.

Sometimes they look a little different.

Do you see how one cub has lighter fur than its mother?... look on "Baby bears" link within the link above, please...

Edited by msfntor
upload images (268 kB + 212 kB attachments) and link linked now!

Alexander von Humboldt and "Heart of the Andes": An Immersive Journey (4:47)

Frederic Church painted "Heart of the Andes" as his final homage to naturalist Alexander von Humboldt. This immersive 2.5D digital experience offers extreme close-up views of Church's South American landscape. The video is narrated by SAAM curator Eleanor Jones Harvey, who takes viewers on an immersive journey to discover the connections between Humboldt's ideas and Church's ambitious painting. Discover more about Humboldt's influence on American art with the SAAM exhibition "Alexander von Humboldt and the United States: Art, Nature, and Culture".

"How did the 3-D effects on this painting happen? They're brilliant!"

ПОЛЬША

"Nature sounds" Acrylic. Artist - Viktor Yushkevich. #82 photos in 2021.

Y.V.N Art

1,532,545 views Sep 22, 2021

Friends, I welcome everyone to my channel UVN Art. Picture "Nature sounds" Acrylic. Artist - Viktor Yushkevich. #82 photos in 2021. I would like to suggest that you watch my relax playlist! I will be glad if you like it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list.... Greetings to you on my YouTube channel! I'm glad you came. Before watching this video, do not forget to like it and share this video with your friends! And of course, write your opinion in the comments! Now let's move on to describing the new job. We see a beautiful forest. Looks a lot like an autumn landscape, doesn't it? Forest, trees, spruce, bush - all this creates such a casota. Just see how the sun breaks through the trees. Looking at the work, it seems that autumn is about to begin. The leaves of the trees will fall and a real fairy tale will begin. I really look forward to autumn, because the beauty is incredible. Are you waiting? write in the comments! I just want to take my family and walk along such a path, into the unknown. Breathe in the scent of the forest, hear the incredible singing of birds. Sometimes no other music is needed for relaxation. Do you like walking in the woods? Thanks for watching this video! Take care of yourself and your loved ones! Sincerely, Victor!

"This is one one of the most stunning paintings I have ever seen and I am thrilled it was done with acrylics. Thank you so much Victor for letting us know what materials you used and sharing your talent with us!"

"Wow this painting is so magical I could just look at it for ages. Not only is it a work of art but it’s got a sense of atmosphere."

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

During the dark days don't write, here you go... try to sleep until it passes...

are horrible...?  - artificial, may do better in a short period of time, then still pills and pills... Do you lack essential vitamins and elements? This could be seen in the blood test.

In order to live it is necessary to eat better, if you can, you (and all animals too) are made for good nutrition, not for the pills and still pills... To feed the doctor's family... isn't that your family?

Yeah good to separate it II think as why I left mental health sites as most people would write at their low spot and during crisis and people would support them but being around people always down brings you down, now don't get me wrong, friendship is a (supposed to be) two-way street and one-sided I can accept https://www.wikihow.com/Handle-a-Fair-Weather-Friendship

fairweather friends can be good and I feel best when I helping somebody else and then I feel better but in the end I tend to fail others and only upset and disappoint people because people have expectations and when you expected something and that doesn't happen, you know, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Medication was not supposed to be long periods of time and its a roller coaster better than now wallow and get outside and fresh air which I don't do much anymore. I eat just fairly well comparative.

I do agree that its a cycle and I've paid for my doctors to renovate their houses many times over. Well, actually just a saying as I don't have any credis and I could never afford to pay my medical bills.

I also don't get quality (not quantity either) sleep. Worry and the mind won't even calm down because, I don't know, I, just am not sure.

1 minute ago, msfntor said:

ПОЛЬША

"Nature sounds" Acrylic. Artist - Viktor Yushkevich. #82 photos in 2021.

Y.V.N Art

1,532,545 views Sep 22, 2021

Friends, I welcome everyone to my channel UVN Art. Picture "Nature sounds" Acrylic. Artist - Viktor Yushkevich. #82 photos in 2021. I would like to suggest that you watch my relax playlist! I will be glad if you like it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list.... Greetings to you on my YouTube channel! I'm glad you came. Before watching this video, do not forget to like it and share this video with your friends! And of course, write your opinion in the comments! Now let's move on to describing the new job. We see a beautiful forest. Looks a lot like an autumn landscape, doesn't it? Forest, trees, spruce, bush - all this creates such a casota. Just see how the sun breaks through the trees. Looking at the work, it seems that autumn is about to begin. The leaves of the trees will fall and a real fairy tale will begin. I really look forward to autumn, because the beauty is incredible. Are you waiting? write in the comments! I just want to take my family and walk along such a path, into the unknown. Breathe in the scent of the forest, hear the incredible singing of birds. Sometimes no other music is needed for relaxation. Do you like walking in the woods? Thanks for watching this video! Take care of yourself and your loved ones! Sincerely, Victor!

"This is one one of the most stunning paintings I have ever seen and I am thrilled it was done with acrylics. Thank you so much Victor for letting us know what materials you used and sharing your talent with us!"

"Wow this painting is so magical I could just look at it for ages. Not only is it a work of art but it’s got a sense of atmosphere."

**Listening now**

Very nice quality going through these HP speakers from 2005. I lost the keyboard and mouse because they used the old connection. Now just USB keyboard and I refuse to use wireless anymore unless I'm wrapped up in to foil. Hahaha....

Edited by XPerceniol

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

are horrible...?  - artificial, may do better in a short period of time, then still pills and pills...

cuckoo pills rob YOU of/from your own personality and deaden and dull to take away natural waves and turn everything flat.

Very horrible; Indeed.

There is nothing wrong with being a little (I'm more a little) Cuckoo, in fact, I should dig the old clock from the basement. Kidding, I don't have a basement LOL..... :p

Oh ... don't be so shocked !

Edited by XPerceniol

"Winter's tale" Acrylic. Artist-Viktor Yushkevich

I would like to suggest that you watch my relax playlist! I will be glad if you like it. PLAYLISThttps://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fplaylist%3Flist%3DPL6cBY6KLoZ_Fsd.

The New Year inspired me to create a new composition. Your opinion is very interesting, do not forget to write it in the comments! Looking at this composition, you can see: a bridge, snow, fabulous winter, forest, people. Handsomely? Would you like to go there? Happy viewing. After watching a lot of master classes, online lessons, I got a good experience. I painted this picture with acrylics, like all works since 1990. Dries quickly and is comfortable. Until 1990, I painted in oils. Most artists choose acrylic. Thanks for watching! Don't forget about comments and ratings! Thank you for your activity! Take care of yourself and your loved ones! We throw this video to the TOP! You are the best, I believe in you! Sincerely, Victor!

"Viktor Yushkevich I am in absolute awe of your talent. Everyone of your paintings are perfection. I totally love them and could watch your creations come alive for hours."

On 1/16/2023 at 6:03 PM, mina7601 said:

But then, yeah, since you said it, I will also never abandon Chrome and Windows XP and 7.

I already abandoned them in a sense that I don't have practical use for computing on them anymore since Win10 runs everything that I need satisfactorily. Several years ago, somewhen mid previous decade, I abandoned Windows 2000 since I haven't had the use for the old accounting software I used to run on it.

Looking at the files, it seems to be from 2003 and uses InterBase SQL Server version from 2001. I remember trying it on XP (definitely period-correct!), but the startup was noticeably delayed on that OS, so the program was never used on it. I ran it on an old very noisy Windows 98 machine initially (233 MHz Pentium, 2x 2GB SCSI disks) before migrating to the newer computer available, actually the one I'm writing from, inside a VirtualBox virtual machine. What a boost in responsiveness! On the old PC, even opening print preview took seconds to open while the disk was grinding.

That program also has some weird licensing system from the era, but it didn't require online connectivity and the activation could be transferred from one computer to another using a floppy diskette.

I guess I booted to XP more often when I still worked on the patches for some of the favorite old games of mine, mostly to address bugs and incompatibilities in (more) modern environments, to check if still works on the old OS. I mostly prefer native installs, especially for such fun stuff, virtual machines don't have proper graphics support. These days, maybe I check the browsers every once in a while on those OS.

I won't bother with native installs of old OS when the day comes to replace this computer. I never even bothered with native install of Windows 2000 on this computer, which would maaaybe be workable, but not sure. Maybe virtual machine if I ever need something specific (not messing with web browsers).

For several years, I've been seein' the message about corrected hardware error originating from AMD Northbridge in Event Viewer, happens after boot or resuming from hibernation. No idea when it even started. Who knows how long it'll work. I thought I bricked it shortly after installing the old PCI network card (brand SMC) I still have from the previous computer to try something several months ago, I was messing with FreeDOS before I realized my onboard Ethernet actually has a working driver for DOS and don't actually need that card. That and the on-board slowed down to 10MBps at the time, which I later realized was due to dust. Should probably clean the whole thing again this summer if not sooner. That network card, it seems to have stopped working shortly afterwards, few days being in the PC and made the PC looked bricked, the whole thing started to work again after removing it, otherwise, it was just fans spinning and blank screen.

The corrected hardware error is persistent though, like the CHECK light in my previous 21,5 years old car, for which I never remembered/was reluctant to ask what it even indicates in that case and I didn't have any tool to read the error myself. The car ran with that light for several years. Almost everyone commented about how poor it is, having number of scratches, some rust, some peeled-off paint. I don't think most even knew the rust held for as long as it did and never cut through anything critical. So the metal was decent. It looked OK from the distance and the price of 0€ was not too bad so it got 5 more years of service from my family's side than it would otherwise. :D The person driving it (me) had the least complaints. :P

The last year was apparently the year of upgrades, besides giving away my old car, we replaced the old freezing cabinet. It was over 37 years old, the people who might remember exact age are long dead. The pipe carrying the coldness was partially exposed since some of the material covering it degraded into nothingness and was all green on the sides, so not all parts of the cabinet were sufficiently cooled.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:15 AM, XPerceniol said:

Therapy sometimes is just pointless unless but Not always.

My brother told me back then when I visited psychiatrist once that everyone has some issues that they need something in that department. I'm not sure if he also meant that the same everyone would need something pro-longed in that department. He still goes to that notorious psychiatric hospital for check-ups every once in a while. Notorious, might apply even more to the village where it resides, it's a habit of people around here, when you think someone is mental, you say he belongs to that "village name".

Ex-classmate from high school lived there and I remember how another classmate asked him once like: "Bro, are you gonna go to Begunje?" He answered along the lines noooot yet, don't feel like it ATM. Of course both knew what the guy who asked was implying (jokingly).

I was never there, not the hospital at least. So what, my mind still runs stable as hell?

Edited by UCyborg

14 hours ago, msfntor said:

Guys, tell me, if you like my post about the Native Americans people? In my youth I read a lot of books about Native Americans...

Sorry, can you show me the link to that post about Native Americans again?