The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

On 1/9/2023 at 11:47 PM, mina7601 said:

This is a sad moment for me, whenever I see people who were originally using Windows and then migrate to Linux, it makes me feel sad.

I've personally never used Linux or any other OS in my life, only Windows.

Doesn't seem like something to be sad about. I fiddle with Linux ocassionally. The desktop side may not be quite there if you're used to Windows, where most development focused historically.

On other devices though...I have Linux (the kernel) on more of them than Windows, the smartphone, the router, the car.

Speaking of router, still have and use the iconic Linksys WRT54GL.

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

How is everyone doing today overall?

Still walkin' and talkin'.

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I walked today up and down the hill and to the bench and sat down and never once ran into people and I was (sort of) fine with that because I struggle to much with speech ...

Do they talk to you if you run into them?

On 1/11/2023 at 11:53 PM, D.Draker said:

you're too 'down to earth'.

@UCyborg, I don't know wether it's a good or a bad thing though, esp. in your case. From my own experience, females prefer adventurous males.

But then again, maybe it's because of a certain type of the females I usually choose, I dunno. And again, someone who likes down-to-earth folks,

would try to force you to have offsprings with them and/or create a family, not suitable for me, but could be very good if you seek exactly this.

I can't consult you about males, sorry. From what I read about your country, the local population tends to have more females than males.

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Do they talk to you if you run into them?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I, I don't know, lose my commanding tones and my facial and body language does not match the speech. If I can just be myself and not feel like I'm being fake and natural things match better but still not "Normal" Yeah, I know, but that word has merit even to mock it. Sometimes I will say hello and hi and my voice will be so innocent tone that people will respond, but not always. When I go into public (rarely nowadays) I see the same people and most people within the first 10 seconds (if even that long) think I'm a escaped patient. Most people understand I'm a client. I'm nice (too nice) to strangers but good and bad come along. I, I don't know, give people mixed signals and I know better that as I gotten older.

Fixing Mistakes <edit>

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Doesn't seem like something to be sad about. I fiddle with Linux ocassionally. The desktop side may not be quite there if you're used to Windows, where most development focused historically.

I respect your opinion, and you stand a point about that, but the reason I think it's sad is because when people migrate to another OS (Linux, for example) from Windows completely, they might lose some knowledge and information about Windows.

16 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I respect your opinion, and you stand a point about that, but the reason I think it's sad is because when people migrate to another OS (Linux, for example) from Windows completely, they might lose some knowledge and information about Windows.

I decided to stay on windows I hope to eventually move to linux but that day has not come yet

18 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Can happen.

1 minute ago, legacyfan said:

I decided to stay on windows I hope to eventually move to linux but that day has not come yet

That day has not come for me either few more years I'd be surprised if the hardware is still going. If I were to get something new (to me) I'd be willing to stick with windows and try 11 but would need to make sure I wasn't giving away too much, although, don't know what that means to me and I, I don't know, not much to get or give away, I'm an 'open book'.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:09 PM, UCyborg said:

You're asking the wrong guy.

Sorry, I'm maybe mistaken, was this you who wrote you seek them mostly online ? I was kinda interested myself, is there a software you use ?

Some batch script to scan for photos from the social sites ? Something similar to the known KGB.FSB project FindFace ?

Google Chrome could stop working on your Windows PC next week unless you get major upgrade

If you're still using an old version of Microsoft Windows it could be time to upgrade - Google is set to drop Chrome support for millions of aging PCs next week

By Ciaran Daly

13:12, 3 JAN 2023

Article: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/google-chrome-could-stop-working-28863733

politically_incorrect%20(25).jpg

Lunar halo and aurora in the vicinity of the city of Selfoss (Iceland, January 3, 2023)…

e6283e8c-0f72-4741-97f0-ae08c5a910e4_786

Here: https://strangesounds.substack.com/p/theres-no-question-anymore-this-civilization

- and are from: Iceland Photos by HPHelgasonhttps://www.facebook.com/IcelandicPhotos/

- so some of these photos:

118322319_3233523743453269_3227688639475

119992052_3265054423633534_5354504485777

123141610_3300352176770425_6520863616064

182049987_163233289135733_85826383126445

Edited by msfntor