The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

19 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Yup, search for "struggle to leave bed" (or in own words).

Interesting. When I looked that up, it says the reason of people struggling to leave the bed is because they have dysania.

This one - NOT "struggling to leave the bed"...

0_USA-Crime-John-McAfee.jpg

Inside the wild life of John McAfee - software genius, cartel target, and fugitive

The anti-virus inventor lived one of the craziest lives in recent memory - up to the point of his mysterious death, which he cryptically warned could be framed as a suicide

Read: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/inside-wild-life-john-mcafee-24385922

Edited by msfntor

36 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

@XPerceniol, @UCyborg, @msfntor, @AstroSkipper.I'm sorry, it seems I was blocked from putting likes to your comments, screenshot with proof below. I shall try later.

Maybe this same thing happened to our dear @XPerceniol... I'don't more see his likes under my postings since some days... for a week now...

.. javascript website new problem maybe?......too on another forum: xpforums.com.....

Edited by msfntor

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Maybe this same thing happened to our dear @XPerceniol... I'don't more see his likes under my postings since some days... for a week now...

.. javascript website new problem maybe?......too on another forum: xpforums.com.....

I'm using chrome 102 currently. So no, it's not java's fault, unless they made an update to the site again.

XP forums, I'm not a member. The funny thing, I still can put likes on some other (certain) members.

Then maybe our friends... @XPerceniol , @mina7601, all others ...(or moderators?..) are starting to get bored with my posts ??? :w00t:

Why not... I'm too bored to send postings in the air...

And if I would go and lock myself in a monastery in India...(with my wife of course!), hmm

PS.

Oh poor D.D. too....you shouldn't have been so annoying

Edited by msfntor

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

Then maybe our friends... @XPerceniol , @mina7601, all others ...(or moderators?..) are starting to get bored with my posts ??? :w00t:

And if I would go and lock myself in a monastery in India...(with my wife of course!), hmm

PS.

Hey my friend, no never boring, sorry you feel that way, I've just been trying to come up with something intelligent to say here and I've not been reading to much over at XP Forum. Tomorrow morning I play to try out a new linux distro (seems a bit lame but I'm burning DVDs I have on hands and using live sessions) and I want to catch up on peoples postings.

Haaaa ... a monastery .... yeah.

All is (sort of) ok, I guess.

10 hours ago, msfntor said:
11 hours ago, D.Draker said:

@XPerceniol, @UCyborg, @msfntor, @AstroSkipper.I'm sorry, it seems I was blocked from putting likes to your comments, screenshot with proof below. I shall try later.

Yeah, these kinds of messages show when the server doesn't like something. Some web stuff,  I guess if more attention was paid in that department during development, manages to show something went wrong message even when there's JavaScript compatibility issue, other just breaks without a friendly message and you only know when you check the console.

22 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hmm VERY creepy these sountracks, to me.

Better soundtracks are here, no boredom, sure: https://strangesounds.substack.com/archive

You think? Well, what you posted...there's some genuinely disturbing stuff there...real stuff...

I don't know, I can take some disturbing, at least in fiction. Prototype is an action-adventure. And since there's a virus turning people into monsters and killing/converting protagonist into dangerous being with super strength, that soundtrack is fitting.

How about the horror genre, Amnesia: The Dark Descent - set in the Brennenburg castle. Unlike any castle you've visited IRL, if you did. Daniel chose to forget about the things he did, wanders around the castle while Shadow hunting him, experiencing flashbacks of the past, making his way to the Inner Sanctum, managing his sanity along the way, can't stay in the dark for too long, avoiding monsters by running away or hiding. It's deeper than I can describe in a forum post and accompanied by this masterpiece of a soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A09022A1A1EFD86

Or what about Cry of Fear. These words from the beginning still linger at the back of my mind:

I've always felt alone. My whole life. For as long as I can remember. I don't know if I like it or if I'm just used to it, but I do know this; being lonely does things to you. Feeling s*** and bitter and angry all the time just...eats away at you...

There's a cheap jumpscare soon when after you're given control, but the rest, oh my, what a ride that game is. The portrayal of Simon's mind struggling with depression and anxiety, fueled by loneliness and worsened after the horrible accident leaving him in a wheelchair. It also touches the related heavy subjects such as self-harm and suicidal tendencies. 60 tracks, from calm to creepy and unsettling:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUhrsmUI1GsESC5H9r1W3o_N0NkHx2dtT

I think boredom was the wrong word, it's not boredom most of the time unless few days during the year when there's not much work. It's just tedious, would prefer if I didn't have to do it or at least not as much. My batteries are drained at the end of the work day and there's never enough time to recharge. I don't know how others manage to do more active stuff outside of work.

There was a period when I didn't go to school and didn't work, that was something else. Had the time to live at my own pace. They're talking about 30h work weeks, already practiced by some companies. Supposedly employees are happier overall. I don't know if it'll help me specifically, but maybe (the rest) us youngsters will live to see it. I used to have the energy for more creative endeavors before starting working for a living. Now maybe just smaller things from time to time, nothing like in the past like making sense of disassembled code to assemble patches for old games with bug fixes and such.

Inside the wild life of John McAfee - software genius, cartel target, and fugitive

The anti-virus inventor lived one of the craziest lives in recent memory - up to the point of his mysterious death, which he cryptically warned could be framed as a suicide

Read: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/inside-wild-life-john-mcafee-24385922

Interesting read. I'd rather settle for a bit of boredom. :P He said he didn't use anti-viruses. Also didn't visit naughty sites. Speaking of which, sex sells, right? It wouldn't be in their interest to infect you, huh? On the other hand, yeah, bad actors get involved... Not sure I can link the article since it mentions one very popular such site.

22 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Interesting. When I looked that up, it says the reason of people struggling to leave the bed is because they have dysania.

I guess that too, good to know.

21 hours ago, msfntor said:

NO PICTURE, why???

You posted two copies of them, though with the second one, there's some extra parameters in the underlying link.

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:
7 hours ago, msfntor said:

PS.

Expand  

Hey my friend, no never boring, sorry you feel that way, I've just been trying to come up with something intelligent to say here and I've not been reading to much over at XP Forum.

Yeah, I don't think they're boring.

Coming up with something to say, let alone intelligent? That's something I've been struggling with for my whole existence, especially IRL.

Edited by UCyborg
Spelling, missing words, express work related stuff better