The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

On 12/8/2022 at 12:02 AM, XPerceniol said:

Hi,

Thank you, and I will stay, and thank you to all that reached out to offer insight.

I think a much needed break is exactly what the doctor ordered and gives me time to reflect and not react on emotions alone.

Be well everyone, I'm fine just getting back to real life matters. I kid you not, part of an addictive personality involves even online forums and I need to recognize it before it takes over.

Hello @XPerceniol, how's it going? Welcome back to the fold!

...so we're to socialize again?... You might have expecting me..
If we pull the same stunt again, no one will believe us... horrible! Dave must have had a good time. ....:w00t:

Filter - Welcome To The Fold (Official Video) HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_REsvdCg0

Talking to Strangers

Edited by msfntor
"have" added in "You might have"

LATEST (at the bottom of the page): Chinese scientists have announced the discovery of a perfectly preserved dinosaur embryo that is about to emerge from its egg, is already moving well, watch video, it comes, it's coming, It's here already: 

Pretty Detox Posts page 34: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183266-pretty-detox-posts/page/34/

Sam Ghali, M.D. @EM_RESUS - twitter

A 17-year-old boy was rushed to the ER by his brothers struggling to breathe... [thread] - Pinned Tweet: https://twitter.com/EM_RESUS/status/1193554173310226432?cxt=HHwWgMC6hc3MrZAhAAAA

4:41 PM · Nov 10, 2019

"He was in profound respiratory distress with deep retractions breathing 40 times per minute. It turns out he was a severe asthmatic in the midst of the worst asthma attack of his young life.

He was cyanotic and barely moving any air. His Pulse Ox registered 30% with a perfect waveform. His eyes rolled back and he lost consciousness right in front of us. He was on the brink of death...

His brothers stood right by his side just staring at him with tears streaming down their faces. Their sense of desperation was palpable. You could feel them wanting to do literally anything to help save their little brother.

There’s a natural reflex and momentum to want to intubate these patients right away. But here’s a message I want to get out: INTUBATION IS THE LAST THING A CRASHING ASTHMATIC NEEDS.

Even if the intubation is flawless, it you’ve done nothing to solve the underlying problem. And once the tube is in, you will have a hell of a time trying to manage them with positive pressure on a ventilator.

Ventilated asthmatics are at high risk for profound hyperinflation from severe air trapping. This can lead to dangerously increased intrathoracic & plateau pressures which can result in barotrauma, compromised venous return, and ultimately cardiac arrest.

So here’s what we did. First, we sat him straight up to 90 degrees. This simple positioning maneuver accomplishes three main things: it minimizes atalectasis, optimizes FRC, and decreases the work of breathing. ..."

- read more on twitter account, please...

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

@msfntor
Where do you keep finding all these thing you post?

Regarding the last one, it's terrifying how meat sacks we're trapped in can fail us at any time.

There - searching on the web for: " “THE ROOM” as written by a 17 Year Old Boy. "

"it's terrifying how meat sacks we're trapped in can fail us at any time." - exactly...

18 hours ago, UCyborg said:

it's terrifying how meat sacks we're trapped in can fail us at any time.

Yes, but I'm amazed to see how this incredible natural self-healing capacity of this body works, this body that is given to us for free; we should express our gratitude, be thankful day and night...
Delicate - and expected to live a hundred years, but for that we need to maintain ourselves, as the other organized beings do.
...enjoy life while being outside...
-A lady walks her beautiful goats, cats and a dog! A great pleasure to see all this procession!
So altruists seek as much as possible to help other souls, in a selfless way...

On 12/5/2022 at 2:12 PM, msfntor said:

No problem, just ask, and there you go.
So no more "these advices" for you, @mina7601, @XPerceniol, @D.Draker...

I want to walk now in this little rain, I like the little rain... Enjoy yourselves, thank you

No friend, please don't think I said I don't want advices, I never said that, I just want you to understand that I can't take advices to consideration immediately, that's all. Your advices are great after all.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:15 AM, msfntor said:

@mina7601, my friend,

The fact that I quoted you does not mean that I have any claims against you, don't worry! Your quoted words helped me to write the post, that's all.

In fact, I've been thinking for some time to quit the website, because I started to be too tired of my busy activity on the website, sitting in front of the computer for too long during the day... This activity disconnected me too much from my real life...
Don't worry, from time to time (but rarely) I'll post, I won't be totally gone, I'm not far away... I stay close, but I want to rest for now, that's all.
I would like to thank you personally Mina, and thank all other friends too!  ..and I apologize for some of my inputs, which could be embarrassing for you, and for the others... But everything I posted was from the heart, and had only good intentions! I feel very close to you... I wish you all the best in your life, Mina!:hello:

And I thank the moderators for their patience with me! 

Yes, I know you don't have any claims against me, don't worry. And I am not annoyed by some of your inputs, also, thank you for the wishes!

Also, you're welcome. And yes, I am in the same line as you: "sitting in front of the computer for too long during the day... This activity disconnected me too much from my real life..."

Edited by mina7601

9 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

And yes, I am in the same line as you: "sitting in front of the computer for too long during the day... This activity disconnected me too much from my real life..."

- about all  be careful not to get clots in your leg veins, which can migrate to your lungs and heart, and then be the cause of your DEATH!
My doctor prescribed aspirin, so I'm not worried about that happening here.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:10 PM, msfntor said:

- about all  be careful not to get clots in your leg veins, which can migrate to your lungs and heart, and then be the cause of your DEATH!
My doctor prescribed aspirin, so I'm not worried about that happening here.

It is therefore imperative to limit the time spent in front of the internet, by making a tour (every hour?...) of the house.....to help the blood to move in the veins.

I use a small stool to support the feet..

Edited by msfntor

Air pollution is a cause of heart mortality. Household air pollution is mainly due to the use of dirty solid fuels indoors (e.g. wood, coal...). Fine particles have a median diameter of <2.5 µm (a human hair is 70 µm).

rscb2-1

Otus bikegila. Credit: Martim Melo

Highly Threatened New Species of Owl Discovered in the Rainforests of Príncipe Island, Central Africa

By PENSOFT PUBLISHERS NOVEMBER 5, 2022

A new species of owl has just been described from Príncipe Island, an island lying off the west coast of Central Africa that is part of the Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe. Scientists were first able to confirm its presence in 2016. However, suspicions of its occurrence gained traction back in 1998, and testimonies from local people suggest that its existence could be traced back as far as 1928.

The new owl species was described in a paper published on October 30 in the open-access journal ZooKeys based on multiple lines of evidence such as morphology, plumage color and pattern, vocalizations, and genetics. Data was gathered and processed by an international team led by Martim Melo (CIBIO and Natural History and Science Museum of the University of Porto), Bárbara Freitas (CIBIO and the Spanish National Museum of Natural Sciences), and Angelica Crottini (CIBIO).

The bird is now officially known as the Principe Scops-Owl, or Otus bikegila.

The scientists behind the discovery further explain that the species epithet “bikegila” was chosen in homage to Ceciliano do Bom Jesus, nicknamed Bikegila — a former parrot harvester from Príncipe Island and now a ranger of its natural park.

“The discovery of the Principe Scops-Owl was only possible thanks to the local knowledge shared by Bikegila and by his unflinching efforts to solve this long-time mystery,” the researchers say. “As such, the name is also meant as an acknowledgment to all locally-based field assistants who are crucial in advancing the knowledge on the biodiversity of the world.”

In the wild, the easiest way to recognize one would be its unique call — in fact, it was one of the main clues leading to its discovery.

“Otus bikegila‘s unique call is a short “tuu” note repeated at a fast rate of about one note per second, reminiscent of insect calls. It is often emitted in duets, almost as soon as the night has fallen,” Martim Melo explains.

ngcb2

An aerial photo of south Principe. Credit: Alexandre Vaz

MORE (photos too..): https://scitechdaily.com/highly-threatened-new-species-of-owl-discovered-in-the-rainforests-of-principe-island-central-africa/

Here too: New Owl Species Has Been Documented on Príncipe Island off the Coast of Africa - By Madeleine Muzdakis on December 1, 2022: 

https://mymodernmet.com/new-owl-species-otus-bikegila/

Edited by msfntor
images

Victoria Diggers Find The BIGGEST Nugget Ever | Aussie Gold Hunters: Countdown to the Motherload

Aussie Gold & Opal Hunters

352K views 8 days ago

"It's amazing how much work went into the old mining operations, only to miss a nugget like that by a few feet. What a great find, and I'm sure you will be digging so much more in the future. What a fantastic Christmas gift for you and your families!"