The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

Vitamin D Benefits

Here: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/benefits-vitamin-d

What Is the Optimal Vitamin D Level?

Here: https://nutritionfacts.org/2019/04/30/what-is-the-optimal-vitamin-d-level/

How Much Vitamin D Is Too Much? The Surprising Truth

Here: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-vitamin-d-is-too-much

...so an excerpt from this last article:

"4. Altered mental status 

Hypercalcemia can lead to altered mental status in people with vitamin D toxicity.

People with vitamin D toxicity–induced hypercalcemia commonly have symptoms like confusion, depression, and psychosis. In extreme cases, coma has been reported (5Trusted Source).

In a 2021 case report, a 64-year-old man accidentally took 200,000 IU of vitamin D per day because he misunderstood medication instructions. He showed altered mental status and other serious symptoms related to hypercalcemia.

He remained agitated and confused for the first 10 days of his stay in the hospital, but his symptoms gradually improved as his calcium levels dropped. It took about 18 days for his calcium to return to expected levels (20Trusted Source).

SUMMARY

Vitamin D toxicity can cause symptoms like confusion, agitation, and unresponsiveness. This also appears to result from elevated calcium levels, which high doses of vitamin D can cause."

VOTE on Twitter NOW!

Elon Musk @elonmusk

3h

Should Twitter offer a general amnesty to suspended accounts, provided that they have not broken the law or engaged in egregious spam?

Yes - No

1,703,845 votes · 20 hours left

Here: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595473875847942146?cxt=HHwWhMCopa7CoaQsAAAA

FINAL RESULTS

Yes: 72.4%

No: 27.6%

3,162,112 votes

- so latest tweet/response here:

Elon Musk @elonmusk

The people have spoken. Amnesty begins next week. Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

8:58 PM · Nov 24, 2022

Edited by msfntor
3,162,112 votes · Final results - and latest tweet/response

To rebuild Twitter, Elon Musk hires George Hotz, an ex-hacker with whom he was in conflict

11/23/2022, 7:09:10 PM

George Hotz, a former hacker known for allowing jailbreaking of iPhones and Playstation 3, will work at Twitter for twelve weeks.

It promises big changes in just twelve weeks.

George Hotz, an American hacker and computer scientist, ex-hacker prodigy, was hired this week by billionaire Elon Musk to manage the redesign of the social network just bought by the boss of Tesla.

A surprising recruitment, because George Hotz was, a few years ago, in competition with the creator of autonomous cars, because designer of a similar product.

that's what Elon told me my job was, and I will try my hardest to do it.

I have 12 weeks

also trying to get rid of that nondismissable login pop up after you scroll a little bit ugh these things ruin the Internet https://t.co/vZbSfEqlfW

— George Hotz 🐀 (@realGeorgeHotz) November 22, 2022

Now 33, George Hotz was until recently the CEO of Comma AI, an American company specializing in autonomous driving software.

But the young boss left the company and quickly joined the ranks of Twitter for a 12-week express internship.

“I really like to dive into complex codebases and I think I can help document and clean up some of those 1000 microservices in twelve weeks,” he explained after applying for an internship with Elon Musk, an internship he seems to have started this week.

An unpaid internship

Among his objectives, George Hotz hopes to improve Twitter's search system, remove a pop-up that hides some of Twitter's content for people who are not logged into their account, or even allow users to search for tweets among those they "liked".

To work, the young man seems to have adopted a participatory method similar to that of his new boss: since his arrival on Twitter, he has launched, still via the social network, numerous questions to other Internet users on issues to be resolved, and also asks for help on specific aspects of the platform.

“I'm not trying to get free work, I just find it funny.

I'm here to learn and improve things!

“, he explained this Wednesday.

For this express three-month mission, the former genius hacker will not be paid, but his accommodation costs in San Francisco, California, where Twitter's headquarters are located, will be covered by the company.

Twitter shaken by Elon Musk's management

Recently, the boss of Twitter, Elon Musk, demanded that employees of the social network give themselves "fully" in their work, by agreeing to work more intensely and for longer periods of time, failing which, he says. , they were going to be fired.

Consequence: about half of the 7500 employees of Twitter have left the ship.

Read also“If your boss doesn’t like your clothes, he can fire you”: American employees can be fired at any time

In this already stormy context, the thunderous arrival of George Hotz at Twitter is surprising, knowing the liabilities of the CEO of Comma AI and Elon Musk.

In 2015, the latter wanted to hire George Hotz, who believed he could improve the autopilot software for Tesla's autonomous cars, a job that ultimately never took place, the young man being unhappy with the terms of employment imposed by Elon Musk.

Subsequently, George Hotz designed online self-driving software himself, which he shared online for free.

Before that, George Hotz was best known for having hacked, as a teenager, the locking system of the iPhone, which allowed to unlock it.

He later came to prominence again for hacking into the Playstation 3 system, which resulted in a lawsuit against him from Sony.

Source: leparisien

Here:  https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-11-23-to-rebuild-twitter--elon-musk-hires-george-hotz--an-ex-hacker-with-whom-he-was-in-conflict.HJ8C6Zk3Ls.html

..and then another tweet:

George Hotz @realGeorgeHotz

"if I just get rid of the pop up I still consider my internship a win. I have a chrome extension on my laptop to block it"

Edited by msfntor
another tweet

"sudden cardiac arrest"

A 16-year-old footballer died, illness in training

11/18/2022, 7:23:36 PM

It turns out that he had a regular certificate of fitness for competitive sport. Sudden dizziness, blurry vision, the request for help from his companions, the rush to the hospital in Arezzo and then death in the emergency room. These are the last dramatic moments in the life of a 16-year-old footballer, Mouhssine Oussama, struck down Thursday evening by an illness while training on the sports field of the Arno Laterina, the team for which he played.

"Mouhssine, my son, was a serene boy, well liked by everyone. He attended the Isis of San Giovanni Valdarno with profit. On 7 October he had his fitness check to play football and everything was fine. He had never had health problems. His dream was to become a footballer," explains his father Abdel, a Moroccan citizen, through tears.

"I came here to the stadium to talk to the coach and understand what happened", the man added.

In Arezzo, "at the hospital, they told us that the cause would have been sudden cardiac arrest," he added.

Mouhssine Oussama lived with his parents and three siblings in Levanella di Montevarchi, in the middle of the Arezzo Valdarno, a valley that the 16-year-old, between school in San Giovanni and training sessions and matches with the Laterina team, traveled several times a week, racking up kilometers and kilometers from one country to another.

He also did it on Thursday.

Then, taking the field, around 18.30 he felt ill.

His coach, Giovanni Guerrini, formerly of Fiorentina and Sampdoria, and his teammates saw him stop, understood the seriousness of the situation and called an ambulance.

Everyone present at the sports field, a facility near the Arno, took action.

The boy was rescued by 118 and rushed to Arezzo.

During the journey, his conditions worsened until he died in hospital.

The family was notified right away and rushed to town.

Training has been stopped.

Now there is dismay even among the inhabitants of the Valdarno.

The Municipality of Laterina Pergine expressed its "sincere condolences to the family, to the Arno Castiglione Laterina club, to all the young players for the sudden loss of their dear teammate", "a tragedy took place in our stadium which shook the whole the community. When a son passes away, such a young boy, a passionate sportsman, one is truly helpless and incredulous".

It turns out that the 16-year-old had a regular certificate of fitness for competitive sport.

According to investigations at the moment the causes of death are natural.

The judicial authority has been informed.

Source: ansa

HERE: https://newsrnd.com/life/2022-11-18-a-16-year-old-footballer-died--illness-in-training-nbsp-.HkMx3prSLs.html

15 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

SURE, me too! Personally never drinking these, I'm OK with my energy!

"Side Effects of Too Much Caffeine

If you’ve tried to break your caffeine habit, then you know there are many negative side effects to ingesting too much caffeine. Side effects of too much caffeine include:

Increased heart rate

High blood pressure

Heart palpitations

Insomnia

Dehydration

Restlessness

Caffeine withdrawal is associated with headache, marked fatigue, anxiety, tremors and irritability.

Energy drinks also contain other substances touted to improve energy, such as taurine, ginseng, vitamin B, carnitine and bitter orange...".

Edited by msfntor

23 hours ago, msfntor said:

SURE, me too! Personally never drinking these, I'm OK with my energy!

"Side Effects of Too Much Caffeine

If you’ve tried to break your caffeine habit, then you know there are many negative side effects to ingesting too much caffeine. Side effects of too much caffeine include:

Increased heart rate

High blood pressure

Heart palpitations

Insomnia

Dehydration

Restlessness

Caffeine withdrawal is associated with headache, marked fatigue, anxiety, tremors and irritability.

Energy drinks also contain other substances touted to improve energy, such as taurine, ginseng, vitamin B, carnitine and bitter orange...".

I wish I could say I didn't used to use them but that would be a huge lie. Many years ago, but can't go back and changes the past. I've wound up in the hospital once when I drank too many. Very bad and went along with the people I was in company with (so-called friends). Once I stopped going to clubs and bars I never looked back and don't desire anymore. I suspect some might have died, but I never kept track as they were bad energy, but I didn't see that then, looking back I don't know how I survived, honestly.

But, yeah, hindsight and retrospect, of course.

On 11/16/2022 at 3:33 AM, UCyborg said:

I'm sometimes existentially anxious when I wake up on work free days.

Are you worrying about anything in particular? Worrying sucks. You don't have to answer, just curious.

Again, almost missed it, and I don't mind answering at all .

I'm sorry to hear you also have anxiety and meditation is life-saver for me. Why on work free days? Being alone causes anxiety for you?

I worry just that it could all be taken away in a 'blink of an eye' and I'd be homeless. I've been homeless more than a few times and always considered myself to be a 'drifter'. But, yeah, it does suck. Thank you for your concern and hope you feel better soon.

-all this cause geoengineering by Governments I think

Typhoon in Japan: weather service warns of "unprecedented" danger - while tsunami warning for Taiwan

29870264-in-japan-wurde-im-zuge-des-taif

The weather services have issued the highest warning levels for Japan and Taiwan.

In Japan because of a typhoon, in Taiwan because of an earthquake... 

A landslide occurred.

Meanwhile, southern Japan was hit by a typhoon.

The weather service warns of "unprecedented dangers".

Thousands of residents had to seek shelter from the storms, authorities asked more than four million residents to leave their homes, 98,000 households were said to be without electricity, and train and air traffic was affected.

, wind speeds of up to 250 km/h were expected.

A mother's child was torn from her arms in the floods....

Here: https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-09-18-typhoon-in-japan--weather-service-warns-of-"unprecedented"-danger---while-tsunami-warning-for-taiwan.BkKYzqE-i.html

Landslide due to bad weather in Casamicciola, cars end up in the sea

10330143-2-960x640.jpg

2d738ccb1077b651a3d50c5123b57fac.jpg

(ANSA) - NAPLES, NOVEMBER 26 - This morning, around 5, in Casamicciola Terme, on the island of Ischia, a landslide originated from the upper part of via Celario which reached the seafront in piazza Anna De Felice.

The landslide overwhelmed some parked cars dragging them to the sea.

A man, swept away by the mud, was recovered and rescued by rescuers.

Carabinieri, civil protection and firefighters on site.

"We heard the first thunder around two in the morning, and then the first landslide came. Two hours later came the second."

Also on Thursday, the stormy weather claimed victims: a tourist from Argentina fell into the sea and was swept away, another person was killed by lightning on the beach.

Like the nearby island of Capri, Ischia is also a magnet for tourists from all over the world.

Here: https://newsrnd.com/life/2022-11-26-landslide-due-to-bad-weather-in-casamicciola--cars-end-up-in-the-sea.HytDiVJPi.html

..and here: https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-11-26-the-mudslide-in-italy--efforts-to-locate-those-trapped-israel-today.rJbH9E-eDs.html

Edited by msfntor