The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

11 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Wow ... I found this to be very interesting ... thank you for sharing it.

Overall (I've not asked in a while) @msfntor, how are you doing? Good I hope.

Glad you liked this, my dear friend @XPerceniol!

Then I'm doing well, but in general I live my second life, as I already told you.

My health problems are not finished...I get tired quickly, because my foot is swollen after I twisted my ankle a few months ago. This is improving little by little, I wish the definitive healing of this foot could be accomplished faster at last!

So I walk all days for 2-3 hours.

34 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Wow, that's some valuable information about DeepL, thank you for sharing this!

But why you quote my post about NASA and Moon...

I've would share another post, this one is about DeepL: https://msfn.org/board/topic/182193-the-msfn-café-a-penny-for-your-thoughts/?do=findComment&comment=1230052

No problem , Mina!

51 minutes ago, msfntor said:

But why you quote my post about NASA and Moon...

Oops, sorry, I kinda rushed in quoting the correct post. I edited my post to show a correct reply to your post.

Edited by mina7601

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

Cologne translation start-up »DeepL« valued at one billion dollars

11/17/2022, 4:41:16 PM

A German platform has been competing with Google's Translate for some time. The young company has now completed a new round of financing and is regarded as the first "unicorn" from Cologne.

The online translation service DeepL from Cologne is valued at one billion dollars (960 million euros) after a new round of financing.

This was reported on Thursday by the “Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger”, citing information from the company environment.

DeepL is thus the first "unicorn" from the cathedral city.

The financiers of the financing round include the US investors IVP and Bessemer and the European venture capitalist Atomico, as "Business Insider" initially reported.

It was initially unclear how many shares the companies would take over.

DeepL did not respond to a request as of Thursday afternoon.

A »unicorn« is a term used to describe start-ups with a market valuation of more than one billion US dollars.

DeepL started in Cologne in 2017 and now employs around 400 people.

The website deepl.com with the translation service is one of the hundred most visited sites worldwide.

DeepL says it has achieved exceptional machine translation quality with improvements in neural network mathematics and methodology, and is up to six times more accurate than other providers.

Even in independent tests, DeepL overshadowed established providers such as Google Translate.

However, Google supports 133 languages, DeepL only 29. DeepL translates up to 5,000 characters and up to three documents per month free of charge - unlimited and other features require a subscription.

Here: https://newsrnd.com/tech/2022-11-17-cologne-translation-start-up-»deepl«-valued-at-one-billion-dollars.SJ4VXI07Ij.html

Wow, that's some valuable information about DeepL, thank you for sharing this!

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Glad you liked this, my dear friend @XPerceniol!

Then I'm doing well, but in general I live my second life, as I already told you.

My health problems are not finished...I get tired quickly, because my foot is swollen after I twisted my ankle a few months ago. This is improving little by little, I wish the definitive healing of this foot could be accomplished faster at last!

So I walk all days for 2-3 hours.

Hi, my friend..

I liked your posting because of your determination and that you walk every day despite of your health issues; but, of course, I empathize ( rather I don't like or take pleasure ) that you still have healing to do and I wish your foot will heal as I didn't know you twisted at few months ago. I'm sorry if I missed it.

I hope you sleep well and see you soon.

17 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Overall (I've not asked in a while) @msfntor, how are you doing? Good I hope.

And you, how are you doing, did you get rid of those psychic drugs?

14 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I hope you sleep well and see you soon.

I'm sleeping well, thank you!

- the best way to make people sleep is to have real silence

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

And you, how are you doing, did you get rid of those psychic drugs?

Overall some days are good but more bad days and I feel lost and empty. Some days I'm just sort of curled up into a ball on the sofa. Usually from bed to the sofa to the bathroom to the sofa and back to bed. Very much a broken record. I don't know :unsure:

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

I'm sleeping well, thank you!

- the best way to make people sleep is to have real silence

That is great, luckily its pretty quiet here at night.  :yes:

- not me, AstroSkipper probably very probably

Who Put Huge Mysterious Monoliths On Mars & Phobos?

By Vicky Verma

Huge monoliths have been discovered on celestial bodies inside our solar system, and scientists are unable to interpret their meaning and origins. When the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) spacecraft was mapping the small moon of Mars, Phobos, and sent its incredible images from the small, potato-shaped moon back to Earth, ufologists had a field day speaking about the mysterious structure that was clearly visible on the surface of Phobos.

Martian monolith was photographed by the HiRISE camera onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, from about 180 miles (300 km) above. According to scientists at the University of Arizona, this intriguing object is projected out of the martian surface and appears to be perfectly rectangular, standing in an upright position and measuring about 5 meters across.

The_Mars_Monolith-1.jpg

The Mars monolith as seen from orbit. Image credit: Wikimedia commons

In 2009, Yisrael Spinoza, a spokesman for the HiRISE department of the university’s Lunar and Planetary Laboratory stated: “It would be unwise to refer to it as a “monolith” or “structure” because that implies something artificial like it was put there by someone for example. In reality, it’s more likely that this boulder has been created by breaking away from the bedrock to create a rectangular-shaped feature.”

Nothing in the vicinity has a similar shape or size, so what is it? What is its purpose? And who placed it there? The image seems to resemble the black monolith that appears during the key moments of man’s evolution in Stanley Kubrick’s film “2001: A Space Odyssey.” Is it possible that there used to be an ancient civilization on Mars?...

MORE here: https://www.howandwhys.com/mysterious-monoliths-on-mars-phobos/

- and my civilization is ancient too

Punches and kicks in the head - teenagers beat up girls in Karlsruhe

11/21/2022, 1:18:52 PM

By: Ines Baur

A beating attack between several girls is said to have taken place at a subway station in Karlsruhe.

It is not yet known where, when and who the perpetrators or victims are.

27978272-karlsruher-bahn-3Nfe.jpg

(Iconic image) © Philipp von Ditfurth/dpa/archive image

Pictures of a beating attack in a subway station in Karlsruhe are circulating online.

You can see two teenage girls brutally beating another teenager.

The police are following up leads.

Karlsruhe/Munich – There are shocking scenes that can be seen on Twitter: In a subway station in Karlsruhe, two adolescent girls pull another girl by the hair, hit and kick her.

The attacked is just trying to protect himself.

Only when one of the perpetrators kicks the victim lying on the ground on the head does the other perpetrator intervene.

According to the Badische Neuste Nachrichten, a reference to the incident came from the Karlsruhe House of Youth Rights.

So the incident has a history.

Details are not known.

Beating teenagers, a number of passers-by often just watch

Just as shocking as the scene itself is that a number of passers-by watched the attack without doing anything.

"The frightening thing about this video is that nobody intervenes, the victim's suffering is still being filmed and the victim is kicked to the head while he is lying on the ground," tweeted one user.

Again and again there are attacks, acts of violence and brutal fights among young people.

In the summer, a teenager was attacked and kicked by several other teenagers in the English Garden in Munich.

Video has been circulating online since the weekend – the police are critical of the spread

According to Echo 24, the police are critical of the fact that the distribution of the video means that relevant criminal matters are being discussed and commented on publicly.

That is primarily the task of the judiciary.

It is possible that the video could help to identify the perpetrators, it is said.

But the dissemination by third parties without a witness call from the police makes little sense.

Source: merkur

Here: https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-11-21-punches-and-kicks-in-the-head---teenagers-beat-up-girls-in-karlsruhe.S1Shh1FIi.html

Edited by msfntor

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Beating teenagers, a number of passers-by often just watch

Just as shocking as the scene itself is that a number of passers-by watched the attack without doing anything.

"The frightening thing about this video is that nobody intervenes, the victim's suffering is still being filmed and the victim is kicked to the head while he is lying on the ground," tweeted one user.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

spacer.png