The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

You wrote too: "play kill .. as a child"

- I've NEVER played kill as a child. Insane, seems to me...

... suicide hallowen costumes - then suicides in real life.. 
... play to kill as a child... then ??.  scary and terrible

This is a manipulation ! You took it out of context, I wrote the game was called "kill Robin Hood", not just

kill someone random, but isn't this what the Holy Inquisition was trying to do anyways ?

26 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

This is a manipulation ! You took it out of context, I wrote the game was called "kill Robin Hood", not just

kill someone random, but isn't this what the Holy Inquisition was trying to do anyways ?

My friend my friend, of course "the game" ... that's why I quoted: "play..."

play - so game.

I wrote this: "... play to kill as a child... then ??.  scary and terrible"

- kill Robin Hood or kill someone else - it doesn't matter who, but still kill still kill still ...

So I don't see manipulation (from me, but from you? to discuss...), sorry, and I'm NOT like "Holy Inquisition" neither. Calm you, please.

VOILA. 

Edited by msfntor
I wrote this: "... play to kill as a child... then ??.  scary and terrible"

Yes.. this one is from my post tooooo... but you, Mr @D.Draker, don't see this? - why, please. It's not bad, too.

Because I was just going to ignore, but you're persistent..

I have a good education, nothing wrong with it and I'm not "bent", never was, never will.

Hi everyone, stopping by for a bit. Just another day at the office. Customers are crazy

On 11/3/2022 at 4:27 PM, XPerceniol said:

I have a decent 2GB memory stick (Crucial)

One 500 MG stick is just ok but both are ancient.

I've been thinking about purchasing extra RAM again, have to look for DDR2, otherwise would have to go into replacing the motherboard and the CPU as well.

Never end up purchasing due to poor general availability of it. Was more determined back in the old days with the old computer that had DDR1 and DDR2 was current. Oh but then it was easier, found it at the nearby physical shop, was a bit pricier than DDR2 though.

Getting by with 256 MB then was more difficult than with 4 GB now. 8 GB would be nice, but can't decide if I should. Some Hungarian online shop (eXtreme Digital) sells 4 GB kit for 28€, brand CSX (German).

Then there's a chance the motherboard doesn't like and the question of whether should I be investing in a 13 years old computer in the first place. So I keep going in circles. If I haven't upgraded in 13 years, why now?

spacer.png

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:
On 10/30/2022 at 5:21 PM, msfntor said:

Yeah the wars are extremely bad thing, they must be avoided, you should avoid them

^This! Have to turn it off sometimes to calibrate and recompose because toxicity is poison. Today in fact, I don't' intend to speak to anybody at all if I don't' have to. People went ape-s*** last night and I'm not sure why over here, but I was in bed. People were yelling in the hall for some reason and I don't even care to know. Need to take care of myself, I don't know.

Oh man, horrible people are at just about every step, can't avoid them unless you live in the woods or something. Has anyone read about this guy?

The Strange & Curious Tale of the Last True Hermit

Definitely not for me and many other people, but the freedom from toxicity! Which brings me to...

On 11/7/2022 at 9:48 PM, msfntor said:

This is how humans will look in the year 3,000 because of our dependence on technology?

11/6/2022, 10:49:14 PM

3453520-46.jpg

Simulation of the human body in the year 3,000 (photo: screenshot, tollfreeforwarding)

Holy..., they dare to predict that far into the future? I kinda thought smartphones are just fashion accessory of this time and it'll pass. Aren't we degenerates enough as it is...all the toxic behavior, greed, corruption...

Skimping through the posts gave me the idea to post...

Klemen Slakonja as Pope Francis - Modern Pope (#SpreadLove)

This is Funny Farm after all.

5 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Holy..., they dare to predict that far into the future? I kinda thought smartphones are just fashion accessory of this time and it'll pass. Aren't we degenerates enough as it is...all the toxic behavior, greed, corruption...

That is very true - "the toxic behavior, greed, corruption..." are everywhere. And that prediction from article - this one is easibly predictable by anyone... it's enough to go out in the street, in the city...

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I've been thinking about purchasing extra RAM again, have to look for DDR2, otherwise would have to go into replacing the motherboard and the CPU as well.

Don't even think about it  ! DR2 is so damn outdated ! In 2009 I had several mobos with DDR3 and DDR2, but on the same chipset and socket.

The same CPU will perform much faster with DDR3.

Look for something with DDR3 . I guess you have the ancient relic LGA775 ?

There were cheap budget mobos on G41 LGA775 and DDR3 1066 . I remember. They gave a new life to LGA775. But it was relevant in 2009.

And then again, I'd be looking at something - at least Kabylake mobo with H110 chipset and DDR3 1866.

16 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I have a good education, nothing wrong with it and I'm not "bent", never was, never will.

perfect, then continue your life according to your education...

16 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

With the way these "accidental" fires go, we'll soon may have zero of them left.

that's horrible, I hope you are as horrified as I am

perfect, then continue your life according to your education...

that's horrible, I hope you are as horrified as I am

1 - Thanks.

2 - Of course I am ! And I was wondering why no one mentioned it, except me..

3 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

And they are also bad omens, no ?

Haha you play the language so that I confirm "bad omens"... ha I confirm them in that case. Surely bad omens for our future, as human species in our "civilized" countries... 
But it's something else than "believing in omens", superstitions, instead of believing in God... it seems to me... It is not comparable, I think.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Some Hungarian online shop (eXtreme Digital) sells 4 GB kit for 28€, brand CSX (German).

If you're willing to hold onto your current CPU, here's a good'n fast LGA775 DDR3 (16GB)

mobo of perfect quality from Siemens, may find it cheaper, of course. Some say it can do even 32GB !

Then buy (or even find!) a Siemens case for cheap.

https://www.ebay.at/itm/233505297416

5 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

1 - Thanks.

2 - Of course I am ! And I was wondering why no one mentioned it, except me..

Maybe we are afraid... afraid not to break the forum rules... 
But... it's self-censorship?... o tempora, o mores. "Oh the times! Oh the customs!" - Cicero

20 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

The same CPU will perform much faster with DDR3.

Look for something with DDR3 . I guess you have the ancient relic LGA775 ?

AM2+.

My only occasional issue is running out of RAM, so haven't really considered actually replacing anything else, it just crossed my mind if the whole thing was newer, I could find some RAM in a local shop. Just few months back, I found DDR2 RAM someplace else, but can't find it again.

Seein' how my RAM shopping's been going, I'll probably leave everything as it is in the end until some critical component dies...

Edited by UCyborg