The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

12 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I've been using a Brita water filter for quite some time now ... but it mainly promises to remove Chlorine and bad taste ... people pay a lot for water and I often wonder if those bottled waters are from the cloudy creek down the street.  

Brita water filter is cool! We also use water filtering since many years, no need to carry heavy bottles, care your hands!

On 8/10/2022 at 10:39 PM, XPerceniol said:

I've been using a Brita water filter for quite some time now ... but it mainly promises to remove Chlorine and bad taste ... people pay a lot for water and I often wonder if those bottled waters are from the cloudy creek down the street.  

I am a tea (strong, black tea as we usually drink in the north of Gemany, where I was born, called East Friesian Tea) and coffee drinker. These filters, as for example Brita, I used from the very first. The main effect of those filters is to reduce the concentration of calcium carbonate (lime) in your water to get a good taste and full flavour! :)

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

@XPerceniol wrote:

"Such a beautiful experience - thank you for sharing it!

I use honey in my tea and never forget when that comes from :)"

5 Reasons Honey Should Be in Your Medicine Chesthttps://greenmedinfo.com/blog/5-reasons-honey-should-be-your-medicine-chest

5_Reasons_Honey_Should_Be_in_Your_Medici

Five Medicinal Uses for Honey:

1. Help Heal Wounds and Burns

2. Soothe Coughs and Upper Respiratory Tract Infections

3. Support Oral Health

4. Relieve Hemorrhoid Symptoms

5. Heal Dandruff and Seborrheic Dermatitis ...

Edited by msfntor

On 8/11/2022 at 6:11 AM, AstroSkipper said:

I am a tea (strong, black tea as we usually drink in the north of Gemany, where I was born, called East Friesian Tea) and coffee drinker. These filters, as for example Brita, I used from the very first. The main effect of those filters is to reduce the concentration of calcium carbonate (lime) in your water to get a good taste and full flavour! :)

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

I usually do 2 tea bags of black tea with milk and cinnamon and a little brown sugar ... honey with my green tea ... enjoy coffee. The water here is bad and need some filter. Too much calcium and we get kidney stones. 

I change the filter every 2 months without fail now :)

I asked a lot of questions in the mypal thread and certainly don't expect anybody to answer all ... I'm not going anywhere (I'm like a bad penny..:))))

Been at this all day and my eyes are crossed now and I need to wind down and prepare for sleep. Will wake up and look forward to seeing replies, hopefully.

Anyways..

Good night or good good morning depending.

OH ... and, last but not least...

Don't use "beef stew" as a computer password. It's not stroganoff ;)

Ugh ... am I the only with serious brain fog today?

1 Cup of Tuermeric peach tea.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/turmeric-tea-benefits

Usually that does the trick to combat the effects of medication(s) I'm currently taking; but no dice.

Now am drinking (sipping) a natural green tea with Agave nectar, and improving but only a little. Strange thing with green tea, need to sip and allow the feeling, hard to explain.

Gonna watch a 15 minutes guided meditation and will let you know if I'm "Cured". Ha! Of course not such thing, but jokingly I like to say that. We all learn to live with and overcome obstacles and try not to get too far lost when a setback occurs.

Ok and okay :)

Edited by XPerceniol

On 8/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, msfntor said:

Personnally, this kind of "meditation" videos - it's not my taste...but everyone has his preferences, OK.

Yeah, I know, depends. Awful brain fog lately and the heat (mostly humidity) is making it worse. I agreed to out shopping today after being in the house for 10 days and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Ugh, happy to be with my peace Lilly and my computers. I finally had to snip off the Lilly and I hope he (don't know why I say he, but I'm pretty sure, hahahaha) will give me my children this year, sometimes, only 1 every few years and boom with 4 (I've had 5) blooms.

In all honest, regarding meditation, one should avoid guided meditation unless you trust that person into your mind. Our minds had protective mechanisms to keep us safe (anxiety is here to stay as instinct) but unchecked we become slave. I'm guilty as sin. 

Again, working on it.

Hope everyone is managing best as possible and overall doing alright.

Was a bit better today and I got outside again for a short walk, but didn't get too far without wanting to be back inside, so must work on that part of it. Agoraphobia is complex and needs to be address in various ways and there is not 'one size fits all' answer/solution. even retracing or trying to pinpoint where/when it started doesn't help, just need to address the current situation and find new ways around it and to discover new ways.

I'm not making sense, but I'm ok. Inside for the day and somebody is supposed to stop by with some dinner, but I don't know who it as going to be because that stresses me and I worry they have touched the food or contaminated (I'm germ phobic) and I've not ate foods that I was suspect of and am happy with sandwiches I can make. Canned food and microwave foods are loaded with sodium and nitrates (not the good ones) and will kill you quicker than a 'New York Second'

Only a little after 2pm and today is less humid as its been a sweaty summer; looking forward to new season in New England.

https://seasonsyear.com/autumn

spacer.png

I could sit there by myself and not feel lonely at all. I prefer my own company, actually.

Can be by yourself (WITH yourself) a not feel lonely or alone, I know I don't, rather in a room with 10 people are feel even more alone and lonely, the worst feeling of all to be around other people and be left out cast aide, I'd much prefer to be around other people if they needed me rather then me needing people, they you become "Needy" and people run like hell when you need them. I've come to learn to only trust myself when 'push comes to shove'. Trust yourself. Trust should be earned.

brb...