The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

On 6/8/2022 at 9:57 AM, D.Draker said:

What can I do to entertain you ? Some funny horror stories from my childhood maybe ?

Go ahead, but only if you'll do it also for the others. It doesn't have to be for me alone. I'll be fine as usual. I mean as fine as the one can be in this crazy world.

5 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Go ahead, but only if you'll do it also for the others. It doesn't have to be for me alone. I'll be fine as usual. I mean as fine as the one can be in this crazy world.

To cheer you up (and the others!) , I'd start with some crazy stuff we did in our childhood...but I kinda still don't think it was that crazy, lol.

Youngsters, do NOT repeat!  

1st lvl - Jumping off the roof (approx. 5-6 meters) into coal at 6-7 y.o., with some serious damage from time to time.

Why ? No logic in this , definitely. Oh , and that's just level 1 of our innocent child insanity.

2nd lvl - At some point we decided to kill Robin Hood (yes, he was the souce of evil in our point of view) from the famous British TV series (1984) and started to

hunt each other with self made crossbows . Yes , real crossbows. The grown-ups couldn't do anything 'cause we were still "children" , lol.  

3rd lvl - Later (5-6th grade or so) started fighting on chains with upper graders. 

Yes, it was fighting 'till the end , I was cornered once with a very small group of my classmates, it's not scary when you read , but beleive me , it was .

I thought the end is near. Yet we managed to somehow escape and took revenge later. 

Why did we do it ? I don't exactly remember , but it gave a good adrenaline boost , perhaps that's what mattered  at that time ? 

I'm starting to remember ... think it was ... they wanted to date our girls from our class or so ... oh, and there was one dude from another country in their class .

4th lvl - But of course we played the gestapo and other popular games from the 80's.

5th lvl - Our new foe, the bloody druid from Warlock 1989 arrived to the party pretty late, we already started to grow up and our interests 

pretty much switched to parties and girls ... oh that damn annoying druid , may he rest in pieces !!!

6th lvl - To be continued ? ...

P.S.

Riding a bicycle with a crossbow was a huge fun. 

DO NOT REPEAT , it's VERY DANGEROUS and could be against laws in your country/region.

What's the point of me telling this ? What I mean one could always find a hobby to distract from his grim reality.

Dear moderators , if you believe it's too much for the youngsters to process , please delete or put censorship to this.

I encourage the members to tell us about their fun childhood too )))).

On 6/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, UCyborg said:

Maybe I'm just bluffing.

Nah, I wasn't bluffing.

Not much to say about my childhood, school was stressful, hated it, mom was psycho about grades. I was really into computers back then, have kept a bunch of computer magazines from the time.

They were also publishing comics about Mickey Mouse and Tom & Jerry, I was reading those, but none of them were kept.

Was reading books as well, but can't remember what I even read anymore. I remember reading through whole Harry Potter, there was also Robinson Crusoe. Some were read as part of school's reading whatever it's called, some were read later in high school. I must have been reading during summer time before high school as well, for me, but again, those memories have all vanished.

Edited by UCyborg

9 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Was reading books as well, but can't remember what I even read anymore. I remember reading through whole Harry Potter, there was also Robinson Crusoe. Some were read as part of school's reading whatever it's called, some were read later in high school. I must have been reading during summer time before high school as well, for me, but again, those memories have all vanished.

What a coincidence! I was also reading these stories often too!

My childhood was somehow fun, I was also to computers very often, played a lot of childhood games, I even used to play this game called Demon Star. But, school was also annoying me at these times, too.

11 hours ago, D.Draker said:

To cheer you up (and the others!) , I'd start with some crazy stuff we did in our childhood...but I kinda still don't think it was that crazy, lol.

Youngsters, do NOT repeat!  

1st lvl - Jumping off the roof (approx. 5-6 meters) into coal at 6-7 y.o., with some serious damage from time to time.

Why ? No logic in this , definitely. Oh , and that's just level 1 of our innocent child insanity.

2nd lvl - At some point we decided to kill Robin Hood (yes, he was the source of evil in our point of view) from the famous British TV series (1984) and started to

hunt each other with self made crossbows . Yes , real crossbows. The grown-ups couldn't do anything 'cause we were still "children" , lol.  

3rd lvl - Later (5-6th grade or so) started fighting on chains with upper graders. 

Yes, it was fighting 'till the end , I was cornered once with a very small group of my classmates, it's not scary when you read , but believe me , it was .

I thought the end is near. Yet we managed to somehow escape and took revenge later. 

Why did we do it ? I don't exactly remember , but it gave a good adrenaline boost , perhaps that's what mattered  at that time ? 

I'm starting to remember ... think it was ... they wanted to date our girls from our class or so ... oh, and there was one dude from another country in their class .

4th lvl - But of course we played the gestapo and other popular games from the 80's.

5th lvl - Our new foe, the bloody druid from Warlock 1989 arrived to the party pretty late, we already started to grow up and our interests 

pretty much switched to parties and girls ... oh that damn annoying druid , may he rest in pieces !!!

6th lvl - To be continued ? ...

P.S.

Riding a bicycle with a crossbow was a huge fun. 

DO NOT REPEAT , it's VERY DANGEROUS and could be against laws in your country/region.

What's the point of me telling this ? What I mean one could always find a hobby to distract from his grim reality.

Dear moderators , if you believe it's too much for the youngsters to process , please delete or put censorship to this.

I encourage the members to tell us about their fun childhood too )))).

This is really so damn scary, man. I got feared harder more than being cheered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 4:51 PM, XPerceniol said:

Was going to like; but, of course, can't like this situation to which the video. Thank you for sharing it and I've always enjoyed your music choices and find them to be uplifting. I guess, for me, its really music that has gotten me through the (current) state of the world, as well to what this means for the future. Sorry, to even use the word future but I'm still (somewhat) hopeful, but I'll admit I'm starting to lose that hope and faith in humanity. People in our OWN country are praising Putin (mostly from the far right wing nutjobs) and would be all too willing to just get taken over by an evil dictator because their God - Trump - has some people (I can't even use the word disillusioned) but more wracked in the head and believing all sorts of various crap that started right from the start soon after hes was put in place (hate to say elected) . Now the ultra M.A.G.A's are stirred up and all too ready to take on the crazy screwball thinking that the Russians get to hear everyday on their propaganda - it what this very thinking that got them into trouble and now, its too late. Please make no mistake: I'm am in no way political ... nobody D or R that has even come to my rescue.   The only one I've had to rely is myself and that is what is comes down to. People are waiting for a *God-Like* figure to save them ... when in reality politician are all good at one thing, well 3 things actually. Lies ... Lies ... and more Lies. Period:

Yeah, hard to laugh or feel joys with what is going on and now (just in today's news) I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL SORRY FOR PUTIN because he is ILL ... What ... The ... Phuc !?!?!?!

Sort of makes me want to HURL and I feel disgusted to say the very least this lovely morning. The world is a beautiful place so I try to appreciate the beauty while it  lasts just hoping and praying we don't also find ourselves in that very situations - especially from those all too willing to give up our freedoms and profess patriotism. I'd like to take all those Neo Nazi proud boys to get DNA testing to see their heritage.

Sorry, well, actually I'm not at all sorry. I want to puke, actually

Dear friend , I'm not sure it's that simple as you put it . I'm not a US citizen , but "Trump-is-the-source-of-Evil" crap again , 'cmon , lol. Isn't it a bit out of date?

Where did you meet (see) these "proud boys" and how do you know what they actually say, if you mostly sit at home ? You wrote it yourself many times.

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Dear friend , I'm not sure it's that simple as you put it . I'm not a US citizen , but "Trump-is-the-source-of-Evil" crap again , 'cmon , lol. Isn't it a bit out of date?

Where did you meet (see) these "proud boys" and how do you know what they actually say, if you mostly sit at home ? You wrote it yourself many times.

Was going to like; but, of course, can't like this situation to which the video. Thank you for sharing it and I've always enjoyed your music choices and find them to be uplifting. I guess, for me, its really music that has gotten me through the (current) state of the world, as well to what this means for the future. Sorry, to even use the word future but I'm still (somewhat) hopeful, but I'll admit I'm starting to lose that hope and faith in humanity. People in our OWN country are praising Putin (mostly from the far right wing nutjobs) and would be all too willing to just get taken over by an evil dictator because their God - Trump - has some people (I can't even use the word disillusioned) but more wracked in the head and believing all sorts of various crap that started right from the start soon after hes was put in place (hate to say elected) . Now the ultra M.A.G.A's are stirred up and all too ready to take on the crazy screwball thinking that the Russians get to hear everyday on their propaganda - it what this very thinking that got them into trouble and now, its too late. Please make no mistake: I'm am in no way political ... nobody D or R that has even come to my rescue.   The only one I've had to rely is myself and that is what is comes down to. People are waiting for a *God-Like* figure to save them ... when in reality politician are all good at one thing, well 3 things actually. Lies ... Lies ... and more Lies. Period:

Yeah, hard to laugh or feel joys with what is going on and now (just in today's news) I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL SORRY FOR PUTIN because he is ILL ... What ... The ... Phuc !?!?!?!

Sort of makes me want to HURL and I feel disgusted to say the very least this lovely morning. The world is a beautiful place so I try to appreciate the beauty while it  lasts just hoping and praying we don't also find ourselves in that very situations - especially from those all too willing to give up our freedoms and profess patriotism. I'd like to take all those Neo Nazi proud boys to get DNA testing to see their heritage.

Sorry, well, actually I'm not at all sorry. I want to puke, actually

Clever my friend - that was reply to a song posted by another member saying he can't find things to laugh about with the war going on in the Ukraine and I vaguely remember on the news (from FOX actually, see, I don't just watch liberal media) and they (this new far right tea party maggots) were actually saying we should wish Putin well. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Stand by by what I wrote above (that posting was actually deleted by me - 2nd post down on this page) I felt it was wrong to talk about politics when I'm not doing any fighting myself as (you eloquently stated) I hardly every leave the house anymore, so I don't have the right to complain. Not fair to others to have everything go political on a computer tech forum.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/proud-boys-0

Absolutely Disgusting! Needn't say more just read and they "proudly" explain it all. But know what, I don't actually care as I'm gonna be 50 and they didn't expect me to make it thus far with everything I'm dealing with, so long as the country holds together for another 10 years, because I "mostly sit at home" they'll have to break down the door on my trailer as I'll just hibernate and keep to myself ... which is already what I'm doing so not much should change, then hopefully I'll be dead! I'm quite ready actually and this life has drained me completely and there is nothing left now, but empty shell and zombie. Just quiet and nothing - no heaven with self righteous - no hell because THIS IS hell already. Just no more blobfish legacy. No kids and family never speak to and miss my dearly departed father. I am certainly pro choice so everyone can take that to the bank, HOWEVER, that being said, I wish I was never born at all. Would've been much easier, I guess. But I'm not sad, why waste the energy in sadness or despair over this word, and I (FULLY) REALIZE its not just that easy to fix because we're too far gone. I think I'm just numb to it all and expect it and the worse to happen and that brings down the hopeless let down. Nothing will ever surprise me anymore.

spacer.png

Yeah, what a lovely bunch, let me see, where do I sign up. I'm feelin' the love. Hurl :puke:

Have at em, boys...............

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

that posting was actually deleted by me - 2nd post down on this page

I don't know, I just hit the reply button and perhaps it was saved by the server keylogger , I didn't have time to finish typing , then I forgot and only replied today, when I finished testing the drivers.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/proud-boys-0

Do you always beleive everything you read on the internet ? Could be psy-ops , could be actors , could be FSB posing as "nazi" americans , could be anyone behind this to discredit the fellow Westerners.

You need to judge by the deeds , not the words . There's a thing , a marvellous thing in the states , called freedom of speech . Did they actually kill or torture anyone ? And was it proven by the court of law ?

And now go and see what happened after "the most peaceful BLM protests" , say in Minneapolis.

So sorry , I'm not going to read that link about that "scary" dudes.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

And now go and see what happened after "the most peaceful BLM protests" , say in Minneapolis.

I don't like extremists on either side! Rather than "believe" anything another on the internet or something tells me, I'd much rather rely on my own instinct on what is right and what is wrong. Only thing that has gotten me this far, I learned early on to trust nobody but yourself, otherwise just a puppets on strings and I'm a lot of things but not that.

I know you're a good person, Draker. and I don't have the energy to protest for any cause at this point, so, I have no choice but to go with the flow, I guess.

**leaving the thread for good - bye bye** :hello:

Edited by XPerceniol

1 - I don't like extremists 

2 - I know you're a good person, Draker.

1 - I don't understand the meaning of this word . Extremists according to whom ? Who sets the boundaries ? Who and by whom is allowed to set the boundaries ?

Well for me , rockclimbers are quite extreme fellas too , so ?

"Extremists" in this "modern" meaning smells like government introduced .... maybe FBI or smth like that.

2-  I know you're a good person too.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how "good" I am but I'm real. I'm a take em or leave em type and people usually leave. Ha!

Hope you're well, Draker.

Anyways ... we're back open with a new jukebox, but the same classic vinyl records, of course ;)

spacer.png

Enjoy you're day/evening and we're open 24/7. Sometimes that coffee was from what was made early in the morning to expect bitter taste.

David Hasselhoff walks into a bar and says to the barman, "I want you to call me David Hoff."
The barman replies "sure thing, Dave... no hassle."

34 minutes ago, msfntor said:

So D.Draker my friend, where are you? ....
Come back soon, please...

- come back here everyone... UCyborg, Mina,...

"sure thing, Dave... no hassle.":buehehe:

I am here.

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I am here.

Cool Mina, so now tell your story if you want...make an interesting post for all...the latest scientific findings on piramids etc.

Edited by msfntor