The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

Even meditation is going bad, taking me only to empty dark nothingness. Sometimes, feel like the ground is dropping. Can't explain it well, sorry about that.

spacer.png

Trying to find things that I find soothing, but beware of too much self soothing and it can (often) lead to inaction and I am guilty as sin :(

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Even meditation is going bad, taking me only to empty dark nothingness. Sometimes, feel like the ground is dropping. Can't explain it well, sorry about that.

spacer.png

Trying to find things that I find soothing, but beware of too much self soothing (avoidance) and it can (often) lead to inaction and I am guilty as sin :(

16 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

You would (actually) make a meal out my close relatives: Mister Salmon and Mister Tuna?!?

What did they every do to you ...

Forgive me, I must repent, and I shall repent some more tomorrow and the day after tomorrow ... till the end of time.  From now on I shall eat scallops instead.  You are not related to them as well by any chance ?

On 3/8/2022 at 4:18 PM, Gansangriff said:

A decision is a decision, even if it comes out of nowhere. Last words... ehm, occasionally I did behave like an angry goose storming into battle. But everyone threatened stood his ground and so there were plenty of interesting discussions. Congratulations and thank you to all of you for sharing lots of knowledge here on MSFN! But which forum will be the centre of discussions about running old computers now? Vogons.org? Maybe board.eclipse.cx?

Ugh ... I just realized (just now) that forums is gone. I had an account at exlipse but only made 1 introduction posting. I know I said no more forums for me, but I did join:

https://www.xpforums.com/find-new/posts

Of course I'm the 2nd newest member on the right side - xperceniol

Haven't posted just in case, but its very quiet there as far as I can see.

Edited by XPerceniol

Well, according to a post over there, it looks like an ex-admin of Eclipse (Compa?) was apparently responsible for taking it down. Hadn't visited there much since the split because of the dying activity after whatever the hell went on last year with the same guy, and never bothered to look around for any successors created by the original circle that actually posted on a regular basis, though I've heard of at least one place that exists. Kind of just got sick of the constant drama that seemed to circulate around these places leading to things like that...

Seems like the main admin of that board just didn't really care enough/think it was worth bothering for the few stragglers that didn't particularly contribute back to the community after all to put the board back up or something, which in all retrospect, probably makes sense.

Doing some further digging around it seems that unfortunately Compa still seems to pop by, terrorise random places from time to time with his own drama and stupidity, and act openly sexual around/towards other people many of which were minors at the time. It seems like he just never learns, and there's history of him doing these things since he was twelve years old.

It's really, really a shame how one completely and utterly vile individual managed to dictate complete destruction and ruining of others' reputation to the point where simply being on the same forum/Discord server as him or being close friends with someone close to him could be considered boycott-worthy of that entire community until he is purged from the aforementioned surroundings.

Wonder how many others have similar experiences, particularly those who had to deal with him more privately as well as outside Eclipse.cx...

Edited by Doremi

7 hours ago, Doremi said:

Kind of just got sick of the constant drama that seemed to circulate around these places leading to things like that...

Yeah, understand, sometimes the drama can be too much, I've left forums for that reason, as well. I don't post anywhere but here now.

7 hours ago, Doremi said:

Well, according to a post over there, it looks like an ex-admin of Eclipse (Compa?) was apparently responsible for taking it down.

Well that bites! I wasn't really following that forum closely anyway, just realized there was nothing there in all honesty for me. I've never run into him, and likely never will, but some people never change. One bad egg can spoil the recipe. Perhaps closing the forum was for the best then and maybe I shouldn't have posted about it after reading this. I'm not really looking right now anyway and just keeping 1 other place in case we go down or some outage. I'm not much help to others and am here more to be helped (well .. I'm far beyond help, but that's another story :~))).

Hate to say it - being glued to forums are that last thing I need. I need to walk alone outside the house (we're actually never alone - depends on how you view "alone") listen to the birds and the trees and flowers and not trapped in the house. Oh and of course, the FISH, cute little cuddly fish ..... I always talk to the fish when I see them ... Don't judge ... hahaha ;)

But thank you for the clarification on why that forum is no longer there when I'd seen it in my bookmarks.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Edited by XPerceniol

I finally found the other forum that was talked about where most of the XP/Vista people went, it's called EclecBoard and managed by the extended kernel guys (many of which were ex-Eclipse staff). Doesn't look all that active, though it's certainly more polished than Eclipse ever was.

12 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I don't post anywhere but here now.

This place doesn't look too bad on a surface level at least, so not a bad thing, and it seems stable to the point where it can be relied on for referring back to, and that's whats most important I guess. I presume it's when you start involving far too much off-topic oriented discussion, and shoehorning personal things inappropriately that things start to go wrong. Sometimes, gatekeeping individuals due to their offsite activity can be a good thing.

just realized there was nothing there in all honesty for me.

Everyone who actually posted anything of use there moved on, and the new representatives seemed to not care much from the few glances I had of it afterwards. Wonder if Compa did it as a favour to the community to counteract K4sum1's lack of will to let go of the dead horse, so as to move the few stragglers off that board and give up with it.

I've never run into him, and likely never will, but some people never change.

Little surprise there in all honesty, he was known for being a socially-dumb borderline creep in some other parts of the Windows modding communities, also having links to old AcmlmBoard and Nintendo modding/SiivaGunner circles at some point prior to 2017, and had similarly created drama and destruction within them too. I saw his name plastered over the board as a lurker and went 'no thanks', knew some BS would happen, and it did.

I've met and dealt with him long ago and on various other occasions. It seems like he permanently retained the Compa moniker for the time being; it's as though he quite literally doesn't give much of a damn about being spotted by old acquaintances, but I suppose that's good news for anyone attempting to safeguard one's friends, friend groups, whatever community servers so he's unable to access them, etc. - he's pretty much the Chris-Chan of these communities, and should be treated with utmost contempt.

Edited by Dave-H
Approved with some comments removed.

20 hours ago, xpw10 said:

...Humanity is a mystery.

................Decided to edit my posting as further negativity only promotes destruction to something so precious as life, and although it may seem bleak (more often than not) we can't give up hope they can do/are better and can learn from our mistakes.

Yeah, mystery indeed and one I'll likely never understand, and don't care to either for that matter.

Thank you again for your posting and support, I'm very grateful you want to help me. You're a kind person and that is rare to see. 

Edited by XPerceniol

16 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

we can't give up hope they can do/are better and can learn from our mistakes.

Yes!  That's the spirit.  Even though there were elements of truth in what you said, not a good idea to be too cynical in life.  The World has been a huge disappointment indeed because we could have done so much better.  The planet is so unique and special.  It's such a shame that it has been ruined by a minority of evil souls.

Most people on Earth are actually good and kind, we don't push the boundaries to abuse others.  The reason things have gone from bad to worse is because while we are minding our own, the rotten ones have amassed so much power over our well being.  Good people usually learn to tolerate, but the trouble is that the more we tolerate, the worse it gets.  We are no better if we did the same to retaliate (not to mention it only gets uglier), so it's a tough World we live in. 

We can't change others, but we can certainly change ourselves.  For a start, we need to take better care of our physical and mental health.  You only have one life, make it an enjoyable one, don't waste it.  The least we should do is do no harm to ourselves (and others).  Learn to appreciate how special you are.  Starting from now.  Then discover what else can be done.

4 hours ago, xpw10 said:

The World has been a huge disappointment indeed

Says who ? All fine and dandy , here in Vichy . Just come and visit . Taste our famous food and enjoy fresh air and beautiful landscapes . One of the most wonderful things - we have almost zero russkie tourists now. I really hope it stays this way forever. Prices also went down because of that. This New Iron Curtain = laidback and safe life in Western Europe.

Edited by D.Draker
a typo

On 5/28/2022 at 3:40 AM, Doremi said:

Compa

United Kingdom .... again ? Are you kiddin' ? Looks like this Compa needs to purchase some good VPN service.

This all is just so damn obvious , including the first post right after the registration.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Taste our famous food and enjoy fresh air and beautiful landscapes . One of the most wonderful things

Sounds wonderful !  Delicious food ... fresh air ... this is the life.

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

toxic positivity

Nothing strange , commie style utopia lifestyle (printing bright colours everywhere, like in win 8) don't go well with normal people. Acid colours are quite "popular" (government suggested?) in Asia. Just look at the icon for 360 explorer.