The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

2 hours ago, xpw10 said:

To know that you are not alone might help?  Even living in a better part of the World, all good people have to struggle much the same in life.  We do not push the boundary and cross the line, so we expect others to do the same.  Unfortunately, it's just wishful thinking because there are plenty of people out there who just do not play by the rules, nor do they care how much misery they inflict on others.  Of course we get disappointed when we are let down.  We make bad choices in life, once bitten twice shy.  "Do nothing" feels safe but it's depressing.  Humans are meant to be gregarious, however much we would like to defy Nature.  The longer one stays solitary, being able to find a soulmate feels more like a distant dream.  A good strategy now is to create pockets of happiness (an interesting challenge; an intelligent conversation ...).

I'm still reading up on Charlie Munger's mental tricks. This guy has so much wisdom to share with the World.  He says there are also plenty of good like-minded people out there (stay with the good ones and avoid the bad).  One most useful advice is "not to make a tragedy worse".  I'm still learning.

Thanks you!

Yes, your posting helps me. Yeah, the longer we stay isolated the worse it gets (I have outrageous agoraphobia now and struggle to leave the house). 

I really like that you wrote "pockets of happiness". Difficult, but need to avoid the "bad" (as best as humanly possible) and negativity and shift focus - very hard in this toxic society we life.

I hope you both feel better soon. We're Always learning; always.

Edited by XPerceniol

To tell you the truth ... I've felt the most lonely around other people or in groups as I'm awkward and have a hard time blending in with others. I feel less alone around my plants. I used to be social in my 20's, very social, out every night and weekends were always full; now I'm happy to be in cuddled up with my teddy bear and ready for bed at 10PM. i"m Kidding, or am?! Lol :)

Edited by XPerceniol

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

To tell you the truth ... I've felt the most lonely around other people or in groups as I'm awkward and have a hard time blending in with others. I feel less alone around my plants. I used to be social in my 20's, very social, out every night and weekends were always full; now I'm happy to be in cuddled up with my teddy bear and ready for bed at 10PM. i"m Kidding, or am?! Lol :)

You sound perfectly fine to me, not awkward at all.  I have a friend who drives everyone around crazy being belligerent all day long (he can't help himself).  Having said that, he has been a good friend when you are in trouble.  I guess we all have our own idiosyncrasies.

Oooops ... I've already given away all my indoor plants (artificial plants are easier to look after).  Oh well ... never mind, I can always talk to myself ... if the outdoor plants wouldn't talk to me.

Just take one step at a time.  When you are ready, take your plants out for a walk.  Not the other way around, otherwise you would be waiting forever.

Remember to check out Charlie Munger's wisdom, he might have something for you.

I found this just now ... nice.

“Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Hi all , it's been a while . As of now , my thoughts are evil , very dark and evil. Can't be more specific . 

BTW , someone knows where's my French buddy @msfntor?

I hope you will find light or the light will find you. Very hard when under a dark cloud to find it, know it well. I realize how poisonous thoughts can be and they will kill us for sure. Very hard and I don't know the answer as I'm also not doing very well. I feel lifeless shell as of late and just existing for what, I don't know. 

I've posted many times in your friends thread and haven't seen him around. I'm concerned as he wasn't doing well and I also sent him a nice PM.

20 hours ago, xpw10 said:

You sound perfectly fine to me, not awkward at all.  I have a friend who drives everyone around crazy being belligerent all day long (he can't help himself).  Having said that, he has been a good friend when you are in trouble.  I guess we all have our own idiosyncrasies.

Oooops ... I've already given away all my indoor plants (artificial plants are easier to look after).  Oh well ... never mind, I can always talk to myself ... if the outdoor plants wouldn't talk to me.

Just take one step at a time.  When you are ready, take your plants out for a walk.  Not the other way around, otherwise you would be waiting forever.

Remember to check out Charlie Munger's wisdom, he might have something for you.

I found this just now ... nice.

“Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes

Thank you, yeah, only one step at a time and day-by-day all I can do.

Hang in there everyone.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:10 AM, XPerceniol said:

Interesting, I was never that social, at least not in real life. Your experience is quite a turn.

I felt lost in groups in particular, there was always talk about random things I know nothing about. Plus not much in this world seems interesting, so good luck finding common ground.

OK, I'm going to stop here for now as I'm not sure what to say next. The time it takes me to compose certain posts...phew!

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Interesting, I was never that social, at least not in real life. Your experience is quite a turn.

I felt lost in groups in particular, there was always talk about random things I know nothing about. Plus not much in this world seems interesting, so good luck finding common ground.

OK, I'm going to stop here for now as I'm not sure what to say next. The time it takes me to compose certain posts...phew!

I will write more a bit later as I do have a bit more insight. Always good to know (remember) that we all have our own walk. We are all just doing what we can to get through each day. Our own "Issues" (so to speak) but I don't like to see everything as an issue. Only a problem when it becomes a problem and we can create or turn something into a problem when it needn't be so. There is NOTHING wrong with appreciating our own company. People are afraid to be alone. Why? Would being around other people help cure? Perhaps, but perhaps not. Difference between solitude and solace. Hard to see sometimes when isolated.

Yeah, will write more and sort of was a turn as 50 is just around the corner and I no longer yearn (in the way I used to) to be included or 'fit in' in this society of the brainwashed. Only when people can (truly) be themselves would I even be interested in such. Right now, would be better to focus that worry (or the feelings of loneliness) into improving what we have control to better ourselves and allow social interactions to happen naturally.

So glad you wrote that and I'm grateful and please don't worry about struggling to write "certain posts" just stay genuine and you can't lose; but, of course, no pressure to reply and feel the need to say the 'right thing'. Sometimes easier online than in real life to express oneself and not always easy to find like-minded people in real life. :)

Edited by XPerceniol

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Make sure you put them on a leash so they don't run into traffic.

Yeah, Oddly enough, I picked up a few scary plants at the little shop of horrors and they are hard to tame. One will often shout "Feed Me".

https://www.finegardening.com/article/scary-plants-for-your-halloween-garden

spacer.png

:lol:

Edited by XPerceniol

33 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Make sure you put them on a leash so they don't run into traffic.

You guys are so funny.  I haven't had a good laugh since forever.  I'm so glad I joined this board by accident.  I was laughing during my walk when I remembered Tripredacus' profile ... and I had to pretend to be talking to the trees and the shrubs so that nobody would think I was crazy laughing and talking to myself.

Edited by xpw10

Intrusive thoughts are only thoughts - they are not you - they will pass in a moment. Let silence not wear at your resolve when your mind tries to tell you you're alone. Be kind to yourself - find love within and you'll never feel alone - you are not alone. Feel and BE - listen, ask, and be right there when YOU (yourself) come calling - always right there when ever you need ME; you see!

-XPerceniol

On 4/22/2022 at 9:07 PM, XPerceniol said:

I will write more a bit later as I do have a bit more insight. Always good to know (remember) that we all have our own walk. We are all just doing what we can to get through each day. Our own "Issues" (so to speak) but I don't like to see everything as an issue. Only a problem when it becomes a problem and we can create or turn something into a problem when it needn't be so. There is NOTHING wrong with appreciating our own company. People are afraid to be alone. Why? Would being around other people help cure? Perhaps, but perhaps not. Difference between solitude and solace. Hard to see sometimes when isolated.

I wasn't implying that what I said is an issue per se. My mind tends to wander and wonder about the possibilities out there I might be missing out on.