The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

My weekend venture -

One of the neighbors requested I set up a budget for her since she's now on Social Security and on a fixed income.
She was bragging over the weekend that her water bill went down $3 for the month and she says it is because she now only flushes her toilet for #2 and does not flush it for #1 - um, for one, GROSS.
But I have my "teacher's hat" on and I'm being nice to her, we go to her water bill web site and it has her 23 most recent water bills.
They all show her at 748 gallons per month except ONE -- December is at 1496 (note, that's 748 times 2).
I explain to her that the water bill company does not charge you "per cup", they charge in 748 *gallon* increments.
I walk her over to her bathroom and printed right on the toilet is "1.6 gallons per flush".
That's FOUR HUNDRED SIXTY SEVEN AND A HALF "flushes" to hit 748 gallons.  Or SIXTEEN per day for a 30-day month.
Granted, where in that 748-gallon "teir" is her typical month is not shown on her water bill.
Told her she should flush her toilet every time, be it #1 or #2, and to count how many times she runs the washing machine per month.
Explained that a typical washing machine uses 40 gallons per load.  That's only 18.7 loads per month, or roughly 4.7 loads per week.

It is the WASHING MACHINE that bumped her up into the second "tier", not her toilet.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:56 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

she says it is because she now only flushes her toilet for #2 and does not flush it for #1 - um, for one, GROSS.

I had to lookup the meaning of #1 and #2 - first time I hear of it, so learned something new. To comment on the above - yucky!

I don't wish to anyone that they're forced to save money on stuff like this.

When I got home from work yesterday, the trip meter in my car was showing exactly 666.6 km. Thought to myself jokingly: "Well, now the devil is coming for me.".

spacer.png

Then a little later I saw on TV that Putin went totally nuts...

Edited by UCyborg
One word

8 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Then a little later I saw on TV that Putin went totally nuts...

No he's not , he is just an ordinary KGB worker and all of those is in his russian genes , also it was all part of the plan right from the very beggining and Europe is next if NATO will continue snot chewing any further.

Russians have known for decades/centuries what Putin and every their leader is. They're "ashamed" now because the world is seeing their dirty laundry hanging in the wind. They're momentarily embarrassed, yet they remain defective, dishonest and dangerous people.

OK , in the news our western media say "Putin has brutally invaded Ukraine" . And who is sitting in the tanks ? Who launches thermobaric weapons ? Who bombs the peaceful cities ?  Who all those hundreds of thousands small putin's minions are ? Yes , they are russians/soviets . And there's nothing that prevents them to refuse ! They got weapons in their hands for God's sake ! If you don’t , you are complicit in this invasion and you are a war criminal .

There's nothing Russian lamenting can do to turn that back. And the world isn't interested in indulging "how upset" Russians are. Russians needed to stand up and oust Putin in 2000 when he flattened Grozny to the zero level with carpet bombings.  Exactly like they needed to oust Stalin in 1939 for the bloodiest war in Finland or occupation of Poland and Yeltsin for the bloody war in Chechnya . 

I have no faith in them whatsoever. Remove Putin and they will "elect" a new one in a matter of minutes.

Only total disarmament , then dividing Russia into several NATO controlled (UK, US , Belgium , Holland , France , etc.) zones with 100% external governance .

Russia (along with Belarus, which is 100% helping russians with this yet another bloody war) should not be allowed to have military and/or weapons of any kind, except rubber sticks to calm down their peasants. 

All we are seeing from some folks in Russia now is how "sorry" they are. Useless.

If Russians didn't start it, someone else would. Humans suck, always have, always will. Not even a century passed since the end of WWII and it's not like there wasn't any other conflict since. It's the same s*** repeating throughout history over and over again. A cataclysmic, tragic and pathetic race indeed.

The following song...

...will remain relevant until humans go extinct, which hopefully happens sooner rather than later.

"…When you get right down to it, human beings are nothing more than ordinary jungle beasts. Savages. No different from the Cro Magnon people who lived twenty five thousand years ago. No different. Our DNA hasn’t changed substantially in a hundred thousand years. We’re still operating out of the lower brain. The reptilian brain. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. We like to think we’ve evolved and advanced because we can build a computer, fly an airplane, travel underwater, we can write a sonnet, paint a painting, compose an opera. But you know something? We’re barely out of the jungle on this planet. Barely out of the f****** jungle. What we are, is semi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons." - George Carlin

Jesus Christ ,  a cruise missile just fired at Ukraine from Belarus . People , do you realise how serious this is ?

Cruise missiles flying over Europe !!! Another Russia-Belarus war crime. Now come think of Russian 

occupied Königsberg and the amount of russian missililes there , including nuclear rockets.

FMlbZuAXsAIFbMo?format=jpg&name=large

And now, Putin's putting Russia's nuclear forces on alert in response to getting cut out of the SWIFT banking system.

Now I understand what it was like to live in 1983, or maybe even the Cuban Missile Crisis. Most of us probably live close to a nuclear target. I know I certainly do, being in the Bay Area I'm surrounded by them.

8 hours ago, TrevMUN said:

And now, Putin's putting Russia's nuclear forces on alert

Well, look at the recent broadcast on their main state "channel 1".

Kiselev (their main host/propaganda leader, "the talking head of Kremlin") says :

"In total, our submarines are capable of launching more than half a thousand nuclear warheads, which is guaranteed to destroy the countries of the United States and NATO in addition."

Now look at the screengrab , there's "Prikaz" , which means "order" in English . Why would they include this "prikaz" word ? Means the order has been given already ? 

FMoLYeSXoAYoFRF?format=png&name=large

In the light of recent events in the World , and especially in Europe , I have an announcement to make. Looks like things don't go well and I'm going to suspend/limit my activity on MSFN , as I may be joining the volunteers. I served in the Army and this is nothing new to me . Of course this would be last resort only (due to my age), but still can take several russkies with me to Hell. 

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/27-february-denmark-says-will-let-volunteers-join-foreign

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Well, look at the recent broadcast on their main state "channel 1".

Kiselev (their main host/propaganda leader, "the talking head of Kremlin") says :

"In total, our submarines are capable of launching more than half a thousand nuclear warheads, which is guaranteed to destroy the countries of the United States and NATO in addition."

Now look at the screengrab , there's "Prikaz" , which means "order" in English . Why would they include this "prikaz" word ? Means the order has been given already ?

Well, if such an order were given, we probably wouldn't have time to wonder. There's an article on William Robert  Johnston's website, The Effects of Global Thermonuclear War, which attempted to illustrate what nuclear war would have looked like in 1988 when the nuclear arsenals of America and the Soviet Union were around their peak. Nuclear submarines parked off the coast of the target country can deliver their missiles in fifteen minutes based on his storyboarding of the apocalypse.

But before then our only warning of impending nuclear war might be EMP attacks. Johnston hypothesizes nuclear weapons on board satellites being the culprit, but some of the films made in the 1980's like The Day After and Threads have the Soviets detonating nukes high above North America and Europe to achieve the same effect.

Either way, I'm sure that modern nuclear attack plans by any of the "nuclear club" still call for blanketing target countries in EMP. And that's something most consumer electronics are not capable of surviving. EMP will fry electronics even if they're powered off and unplugged, and the only way to protect such devices would be through storing them in something that provides EMP shielding.

Now I personally have worried off and on about the potential for electromagnetic fun times from a coronal mass ejection causing a geomagnetic storms, like the Carrington Event in the 1800s. To date I really haven't found any easily procurable solutions for storing electronics in something that's EMP shielded. It's not easy as buying a fireproof/fire resistant safe, you usually wind up having to make your own solutions.

Anyway, for me it may not matter if nuclear war comes. I don't think I live far enough away from potential blast zones that I would survive the initial attack. Or even if I did I'd probably die from acute radiation sickness from the fallout that would follow. I've wanted to get somewhere out of the way, but I don't have the income to support packing up and moving.

5 hours ago, TrevMUN said:

EMP. And that's something most consumer electronics are not capable of surviving. EMP will fry electronics even if they're powered off and unplugged, and the only way to protect such devices would be through storing them in something that provides EMP shielding.

So no buying the black Titan then (

6 hours ago, TrevMUN said:

Anyway, for me it may not matter if nuclear war comes. I don't think I live far enough away from potential blast zones that I would survive the initial attack. Or even if I did I'd probably die from acute radiation sickness from the fallout that would follow. I've wanted to get somewhere out of the way, but I don't have the income to support packing up and moving.

These are all WW2 echoes and gravely wrong decisions made by the UK and US that landed these awful consequences upon us. In case you don't know , I'm from that part of France which fought against the soviets in WW2.

We still have some of our honourable heroes alive. This is a huge mystery for me, why UK and US both helped Russia to crash Germany ?

I'm not an American , I can't understand . Can you ?

From my perspective :

1 - Germany desperately wanted/needed russian resources for their economy .(Gas, oil, ore, etc).

2 - So why the hell did they not allow Germany to take control over Russia ? We would definitely sleep well at nights !

3 - Were they that much afraid Germany would occupy them too ? 

4 - And let's imagine , what would be the worst thing to happen , even if they did ? It would be like Germans occupy what's almost German already . I'm sure you know the US is like 87% of Europeans , and Germans are like what, on the first place ? The second ? Yes, I understand there are also Dutch , Norwegians , English , French but we are all from the Germanic tribes - we are all relatives .

I find it insanely hard to beleive , no , I can't even imagine an "evil" German soldier with an MP-38 chasing US children , like they show us in propaganda films. Germans are civilised European people , intelligent and with high values and moral. 

Life is all about experiences and perception , so let's imagine Russia occupies the US ...

Would you prefer to date a russian woman over a gorgeous germanic blond ?

Would you prefer to drive a russian car instead of a cool german one ?

Would you prefer to wear "ushanka" and russian boots over the nice german leather ones?

Would you prefer to sit near a russian couple in the restaurant over a nice'n'quet german one ? 

Would you imagine germans from Germany nuke Germans in PA or TX ? Obviously not.

Would you imagine russians from Russia nuke Germans in PA or TX ? (for you to answer).

Would you prefer to buy AMD over Nvidia ? (obviously a nice joke).

This is all [of course] if the russians don't execute you right on the streets, like they do now in Ukraine or any other country they inavade .

And if [by some miracle] you will be allowed to work for them for a couple of rublies.

PS.

I'm in no way promoting any occupation of the US. The United states are our friends/relatives. 

Speaking of the 80's books/movies , Red Dawn 1984 is a good one and highly recommended . Just a scene from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc8jJ0TjSY

Edited by D.Draker
a tpyo in American