The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

I wonder how many trees we could save per year if my credit card statements and utility bills arrived with a BLANK return-payment envelope?

Since I pay these ONLINE, the envelope gets thrown away because it has writing on it.

Not just the return address, I could put a sticker of my address over that, but other text that makes the envelope useless for anything else.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:38 PM, UCyborg said:

There goes my streak of being a healthy horse. I think I got omicron. f****** bul*****, as if life wasn't miserable enough as it is.

Oh jeez , hold on there man ! And please try to calm down - this is a very important step . Your immune system is under attack , so don't waste it . Get well soon ! BTW , what makes you think you got "COVID" ? It could be a flu or smth . I got terrible headaches when I caught an "ordinary" flu.

A word of encouragement to a known gamer and even well-meaning humour gets misinterpreted. To clarify, don't use a few sick days off work to stay up half the night and play video games. The first few hours after infection are the most critical. You're relatively young and apparently healthy @UCyborg, everything will hopefully be okay.

COVID is an unpredictable virus and many cases of severe illness, prolonged illness (long COVID) and death have been reported amongst 'healthy' individuals. Take it seriously and focus on getting better.

I once had pneumonia as a young healthy man. Sick for 6 weeks including totally wiped for 2 weeks and bedridden for 1 week. When the fever broke and i got out again even a walk around the block was difficult. Medically this was mild pneumonia, only one lung, no intravenous or hospitalization. If i wasn't so stubborn and took a couple sick days off work early in the illness it likely wouldn't have become severe. I did a lot of intensive mountain biking until age 35, my lung capacity was never the same, not bad but not peak.

*HEV suit warning beeping* "Warning, vital signs are dropping!"

*In GLaDOS' voice* "Hahaha, I'm kidding."

Symptoms did seem like that it could be corona, but a HAG test I took yesterday and today doesn't confirm it. So who knows.

It started with my throat being all messed up, then came muscle pain in legs accompanied with being cold in one moment and being hot the next, plus slight headache. Took some pills, ATM only the throat still feels a bit weird (inflammed?).

On 2/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Forgive the curiosity, but I'd be curious to know your "before and after" perceptions of covid/omicron.

When the pandemic started, I imagined if I contract it by any chance it'll either kill me or do nothing. I discarded the first theory when my dad contracted it in late 2020 (he was 84 then) when he had to be taken to the hospital for broken hip (he fell when getting out of bed). Came in negative, came out positive, no symptoms, we were wearing masks at home for 2 weeks and that was it.

22 hours ago, Wunderbar98 said:

Hang in there @UCyborg. Drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest to help your body fight the infection.

Already doing it.

If your lungs become problematic, minimize sleeping on your back

This position is very uncomfortable for me. I had to lie that way when I was in the hospital for broken left elbow. Horrible!

and stay reasonably active (gaming don't count).

Do walks count?

I don't game much anymore. Must have been at least 8 months since I played something. I miss it, but it often feels like a chore due to having to spend extended periods of time behind the screen at my stupid job. And weekends are often utilized to catch up on sleep. My brother doesn't even have full weekends, has to work Saturdays.

Ironically, at least according to my mother, I was a computer addict back in my school years. So spending reasonable amount of time behind a computer is considered an addiction, but spending 8 hours daily at the job with hardly any leave, that's life. What a load of crap!

Both my parents (retired) complained few years back "What do we have now from working all those years? Nothing." Exactly, NOTHING! NICHTS! NIŠTA! NIETZSCHE! (referencing Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche here :)).

23 hours ago, Wunderbar98 said:

Healthy as a horse is a misnomer, humanoids are incredibly fragile.

Yes, you don't have to tell me.

23 hours ago, Wunderbar98 said:

A friend had an uncle who went to the doctor for routine exam. The doctor told him he was good and healthy. Well he died before leaving the office, heart attack.

Wow, tragic. At least it was quick. My grandma died in 1998 in her sleep from a heart attack.

On 2/4/2022 at 6:44 PM, mina7601 said:

I hope you get well soon!

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Oh jeez , hold on there man ! And please try to calm down - this is a very important step . Your immune system is under attack , so don't waste it . Get well soon !

Thanks, getting better. I'll probably skip work on Monday, just in case.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:53 AM, jaclaz said:

And numbers have a meaning.

Worldometer, in this moment, sets the US deaths at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ 902,140 (in roughly two years time)

If those deaths were consistently differentiated by cause. In my country, I know that if you call a doctor and tell you have a simple cold or something pretty soft, it will tell you that you have Covid without proof. Also traffic deaths and other type of deaths are included as Covid deaths.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, UCyborg said:

There goes my streak of being a healthy horse. I think I got omicron. f****** bul*****, as if life wasn't miserable enough as it is.

Try some Ivermectine it should help. If not it is an anti-parasite as well so it will do good for you.

Cheers.

15 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I'll probably skip work on Monday, just in case.

Good idea ! Also stay away from air conditioners for now . They suck germs in and they will live there if you don't have a silver coated plates inside . I remember I got re-infected when I had an old one without them.

On 2/4/2022 at 7:07 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I wonder how many trees we could save per year ...

I wonder how many trees we could save per year if we stop supporting kleptocratic mafia countries by purchasing resources from them.

On 2/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Um, what sane person in the universe thinks that "gaming" is the same thing as "active" ???    :ph34r:

Well , first it was a joke . Second , I think he meant brain activity . Which is quite taxing , BTW .

Took the test at the official testing point today, previous two were self-tests using one of those kits you buy at the pharmacy, and I'm POSITIVE! Someone at work must be spreading it...I wasn't anywhere else last week.

10 hours ago, Dixel said:

Get better soon , wish only the best !

Same! Wishing everyone the best as can be nowadays. I know its hard sometimes (most times) but appreciate when we feel stronger and latch on and do what you can to stay active in 'in motion' Hope that makes sense. I don't know how much sense I make anyway ... people here think I'm:

cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs .... :)

Thanks @D.Draker but now i'm older, moved on to Rune Warrior! Stuck on Eloni, hordes and hordes of Orcs. Decided i should read the manual. Will try a daytime attack. Definitely need to refine my tactics, i'm obviously not using resources efficiently.