The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

43 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Good news : you won't die . Just rest more and eat LESS salt . Exersize (not heavily) to create blood flow . It's your NECK !! Bad blood flow . High pressure .

Need to relax .

Thank you very much, I'm very relaxed now!:buehehe:

To msfntor

Two years ago I had the same eye problems (only on one eye) and I went to an eye doctor (a very good doctor, also cheap, now retired! - unfortunately where I live there are many expensive and not very good eye doctors).

My problems were:
- Bright flashes. The bright flashes (bright semiarchs) were caused by a vitreous humor that pulled the retina when the eye moved (mechanical forces exerted by the vitreous humor on the retina which begins to no longer adhere), these flashes were visible even with closed eyes and also in the dark. The eye doctor explained to me that they were caused by the vitreous humor drying out (shrinked humor volume).
- Dark spots. I also observed some dark spots that move when I was moving my eyes, floaters ('miodesopsie' in italian - protein fibers that have broken). The eye doctor explained to me that they were caused by vitreous humor aging.

The retina was fine fortunately!

The problem solution was: drink water often in order to hydrate the vitreous humor and take an eye supplement (based on Potassium, Magnesium, C and E Vitamin, Amino acids and Red Vine extract (antioxidant)) in order to re-integrate the vitreous humor protein matrix.
I have been taking the eye supplement for many months and I slowly solved my eye problems (in Italy I purchased a product called 'Vitreolisina Idro' that the doctor suggested I should take).

Stays well and Happy New Year to everyone!
I41Mar

1 hour ago, I41Mar said:

To msfntor

Two years ago I had the same eye problems (only on one eye) and I went to an eye doctor (a very good doctor, also cheap, now retired! - unfortunately where I live there are many expensive and not very good eye doctors).

My problems were:
- Bright flashes. The bright flashes (bright semiarchs) were caused by a vitreous humor that pulled the retina when the eye moved (mechanical forces exerted by the vitreous humor on the retina which begins to no longer adhere), these flashes were visible even with closed eyes and also in the dark. The eye doctor explained to me that they were caused by the vitreous humor drying out (shrinked humor volume).
- Dark spots. I also observed some dark spots that move when I was moving my eyes, floaters ('miodesopsie' in italian - protein fibers that have broken). The eye doctor explained to me that they were caused by vitreous humor aging.

The retina was fine fortunately!

The problem solution was: drink water often in order to hydrate the vitreous humor and take an eye supplement (based on Potassium, Magnesium, C and E Vitamin, Amino acids and Red Vine extract (antioxidant)) in order to re-integrate the vitreous humor protein matrix.
I have been taking the eye supplement for many months and I slowly solved my eye problems (in Italy I purchased a product called 'Vitreolisina Idro' that the doctor suggested I should take).

Stays well and Happy New Year to everyone!
I41Mar

Thank you very much @I41Mar!..

My probles are like yours, same!

I want to follow your advices, at the moment I don't drink much but I want to increase the volume (of water, and soon the cider and champagne this New Year's Eve). I usually take some vitamins, eg. "Berocca Energy" multivitamin.
I don't like to go to the doctor or to the emergency room in the hospital, but I want to see the ophthalmologist (not right away)...
My problem is also in one eye as you had, all is identical as you described. And it started right after I put the LED lamp to my eye! But the same evening I also looked at the headlights of the cars in front of me and I felt strange .....hmm I still have hope that this will pass quickly, I see as before, except this floater.

EDIT: 

Now I see a little blurry, maybe my eye is tired because of the PC monitor I've been watching for an hour...now I want it to rest. Did you use an eye patch, or sunglasses?

PS.

I am starting to use the drops - VISMED MULTI eye lubricant...

Very Happy New Year to you and your Family, my new friend!:)

Edited by msfntor

This week flew by way too fast, I'll miss being able to get some proper sleep and not having to stare at computer 8 hours a day.

Regarding the virus, of course it'll spread, people are never staying put...

I live in a stupid tourist town, lots of traffic, full parking spaces, a bunch of people waiting in front of COVID testing container. Horrible.

There was one nice time here, the lockdown in 2020 when this mess started, the place was a ghost town, peaceful and quiet, simply wunderbar.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:52 PM, XPerceniol said:

My party days are over and I'm sober and in bed by 10 so I'm no fun anymore ... haha!

I've been sober my entire life!

For me, that change was different, in that, I'm a hermit and a loner and have developed social phobia pretty bad over the years and people now are simply unapproachable.

I deal with people for the living, fortunately only remotely. I'm naturally more on the asocial side, though I've slipped a bit further in that direction since I started working.

I'm quite social online, but very very shy in real life.

I guess that's not too uncommon due to different mechanics.

Jan 1

Please retweet, a brave lady stopped traffic on the motorway to pick up this poor abandoned dog 31 DEC 2021 M4 between jnc 10 and 11 #MAIDENHEAD #UK She took him to the vets where he later passed away. Does anyone recognise him? If he was abandoned they should be prosecuted.

HERE: https://nitter.net/AdoptionsUk/status/1477314172639748104#m - heartbreaking POOR dog! abandoned, he later passed away...

Animal adoptions UK here: https://nitter.net/AdoptionsUk

Link above I've found here: https://nitter.net/LauraFo63430334 - you have more posts like this one...

Edited by msfntor

On 12/30/2021 at 3:17 PM, msfntor said:

Thank you  @Wunderbar98, yes I've "Flashes of light in the same eye as the floaters" if I turn the eye in darken environment...

Too: 

"Spots that move when you move your eyes, so when you try to look at them, they move quickly out of your visual field"

"Spots that are most noticeable when you look at a plain bright background, such as a blue sky or a white wall"

- all that caused by small LED lamp or car lights...not sure

Floaters are normal. When asked by eye doctor in the past if I had them, the answer of yes that relates to the two quotes you put are not of a concern. Now there is a concern if they are impairing your vision or you can seem them all of the time. That is how it is explained to me the difference. I had first noticed them when I was a kid when I was sick a lot, laying on the couch or bed and staring at random things. You can have flashing of lights for various reasons also but again it is only a problem if it is happening constantly or for extended periods of time. But an eye doctor can tell what the dark spot is, something like that should not stay for more than 10 minutes or so. You could have a burn, the same thing that can happen if you look at the sun.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:55 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I've decided to be a tad more non-conformist 

Jeez , I've just read non- communist . Very funny , what do they call it when we read only the first and last letter and then guess the word ? I mean when one fast reads a text , on the fly .

Insanity leads to insanity...

A witness reportedly called police after hearing someone in the trunk of the Texas woman's vehicle.

BBC news:

"A US teacher has been arrested after allegedly locking her Covid-positive son in a car boot to protect herself from exposure to the virus as she drove to a testing site, say local media.

Sarah Beam, 41, is reportedly charged with endangering a child.

A witness called police after hearing someone in the vehicle's trunk on 3 January at the site in Harris County, Texas, according to click2Houston.com.

The teacher reportedly opened the boot to reveal the boy lying inside.

Ms Beam said her 13-year-old son had tested positive for Covid-19 and she was taking him to the Pridgeon Stadium location for another test to confirm the result, according to local media.

She reportedly said she had placed the teenager in the car boot because she did not want to be infected herself.

A health worker told her there would be no coronavirus test until the boy was allowed to sit in the back seat of the car..."

Read more here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59919105

Edited by msfntor