The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

1 hour ago, mina354 said:

Being angry easily, anxiety, heavy pressure of education (massive amount of homework, studying, exams, etc), stress, depression, feeling lonely, sometimes wasting time on internet doing nothing,, sometimes having a weak memory (which means, sometimes forgetting the past), and so on.

Thanks, nice to see you here on this board too.

Glad to see you ;)

Yeah, all those emotions: anger, anxiety, stress, depression, feeling lonely (isolation) ... know you're not alone. Of course, you know (easier said than done) we need to try and take control of our emotions before they take control of us. I (personal) feel wasted negative energy takes its toll on mental health and physical health unless we let it out and vent sometimes - one good thing about the internet for those folks that don't have people to open up to IRL. Pent up emotion is a recipe for illness. To me: its about prioritizing and managing what areas we have control. We can't fix everything in the world, only thing we can change is ourselves and our outlook.

Wishing you well with your studies and your future. Yeah, sometimes, easy to look back and get wishful but yesterdays is over; history, and tomorrow is a mystery :)

Edited by XPerceniol

48 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Ha, it's my poor memory condition...I remember nothing, things that happened a week ago, a year ago, etc. but I live TODAY!

A Mass Extinction of memory. I live TODAY.

The "present" - that is why its called "The Gift" :thumbup

2 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Well atleast you can make personal choices. One is not install or browse those services on your phone. Second is delete those for good, then can go fuhrer and stop using your phone for useless things or go brick phones that I always been interested of. 

I will be sure to keep that in mind.

48 minutes ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

if it makes you fell any better I felt mostly same long ago when was reaching adulthood. It is thing that everyone will go trough. Most including me just never spoke from it to anyone as I am person who likes to keep them as own thing. It will eventually ease off. I ended up spending lot of time on room alone with games or internet and ended up loop with no friends because did not want meet anyone.

But that is in the past and eased off when got to college and these days I mostly worry from work and other things but I learnt not to let them control my life. I live day by day and try get best out of each of them.

Just don't give up it will ease off eventually

Glad that it's not just me.

Also, I won't give up, I will keep going on.

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

E-h0UFVVIAgPN3u.jpg

LOL, nice one. 😂

12 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Glad to see you ;)

Yeah, all those emotions: anger, anxiety, stress, depression, feeling lonely (isolation) ... know you're not alone. Of course, you know (easier said than done) we need to try and take control of our emotions before they take control of us. I (personal) feel wasted negative energy takes its toll on mental health and physical health unless we let it out and vent sometimes - one good thing about the internet for those folks that don't have people to open up to IRL. Pent up emotion is a recipe for illness. To me: its about prioritizing and managing what areas we have control. We can't fix everything in the world, only thing we can change is ourselves and our outlook.

Wishing you well with your studies and your future. Yeah, sometimes, easy to look back and get wishful but yesterdays is over; history and tomorrow is a mystery :)

Thanks, good to see you too. +1

I understand your point of view about life, it's very great, I appreciate it. Sometimes life becomes better, sometimes worse.

Also, thank you for the good wishes about my studies and future.

Edited by mina354

18 minutes ago, mina354 said:

I will be sure to keep that in mind.

Glad that it's not just me.

Also, I won't give up, I will keep going on.

LOL, nice one. 😂

Thanks, good to see you too. +1

I understand your point of view about life, it's very great, I appreciate it. Sometimes life becomes better, sometimes worse.

Also, thank you for the good wishes about my studies and future.

You're quite welcome.

Sorry for the typos ... I mean *wistful* instead of wishful, and, of course, yesterday (without the s)

59 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Glad to see you ;)

Wishing you well with your studies and your future. Yeah, sometimes, easy to look back and get wishful but yesterdays is over; history, and tomorrow is a mystery :)

not sure if I mentioned this song earlier in thread but it kinda reflect your or mine attitude to world (finnish song translated to english) https://lyricstranslate.com/en/suomen-muotoisen-pilven-alla-under-cloud-shaped-finland.html

One of these can only be helped by God, the other can be helped with a Friday drunkenness

But you can't make it here by giving up, under a cloud shaped like Finland

Point I give up totally is when all is actually over for good and absolutely nothing can be done

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

Hello folks, I'm finally back on this forum after an 8-month or so-long absence.

I am doing really well but a lot has happened since the last time I came online.

Firstly, I have moved to Linux as my main OS from Windows Vista and 7. For all the Windows Vista and 7 fans here, I still love them, but Linux is now faster, safer, more convenient to use, while still being compatible with all my applications. Specifically, I have moved to Zorin Linux 16 Pro.

Secondly, I have decided not to build a desktop computer and instead upgrade my laptop. I have also planned to buy another one.

And lastly, my opinion about Windows 11 is that it is both better and worse than Windows 10 at the same time. The UI is a bit cleaner (but still not good on the eye) and it runs faster than Windows 10 (though dramatic performance increases are not seen) , but all the other issues with Windows 10 still remain, or are further exacerbated.

That's all I wanted to say in this post. Bye for now!

11 hours ago, Win10-Hater said:

Hello folks, I'm finally back on this forum after an 8-month or so-long absence.

I am doing really well but a lot has happened since the last time I came online.

Firstly, I have moved to Linux as my main OS from Windows Vista and 7. For all the Windows Vista and 7 fans here, I still love them, but Linux is now faster, safer, more convenient to use, while still being compatible with all my applications. Specifically, I have moved to Zorin Linux 16 Pro.

Secondly, I have decided not to build a desktop computer and instead upgrade my laptop. I have also planned to buy another one.

And lastly, my opinion about Windows 11 is that it is both better and worse than Windows 10 at the same time. The UI is a bit cleaner (but still not good on the eye) and it runs faster than Windows 10 (though dramatic performance increases are not seen) , but all the other issues with Windows 10 still remain, or are further exacerbated.

That's all I wanted to say in this post. Bye for now!

Welcome back :)

Life is full of change, isn't it. When you change the way you look at things - the things you look at will change. Sometimes good, sometimes, not so good; but either way, we can not go backwards. Well we can with our computers. I'm not religious (organized religion) but, rather consider myself to be - spiritual.

...the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...

I think that resonates with everyone regardless and that is not easy sometimes.

Edited by XPerceniol

On 12/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

I was out playing with friends on park, football field or other places or sometimes in their houses watching films or play multiplayer games with dead consept called splitscreen.

I did some of these things in the previous decade, including split-screen coop/multiplayer and 8-ball (the latter in physical world, not miniclip.com).

On 12/16/2021 at 2:42 PM, mina354 said:

Being angry easily, anxiety, heavy pressure of education (massive amount of homework, studying, exams, etc), stress, depression, feeling lonely, sometimes wasting time on internet doing nothing,, sometimes having a weak memory (which means, sometimes forgetting the past), and so on.

Relatable.

I have been focusing greatly on restructuring my life's foundation day by day; in which case this can Indeed apply to a variety of areas. A feeling of continual determination is present; also that of a deep exhaustion from worklife and humanity in general. Ultimately, this being is surviving and striving forward.

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
Spelling error.

12 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I did some of these things in the previous decade, including split-screen coop/multiplayer and 8-ball (the latter in physical world, not miniclip.com).

I still play it sometimes when got someone to play with. It is nice for it low requirements. Only need some sort of light, table, sticks and balls to play and no computers or other devices

1 hour ago, XP-x64-Lover said:

I have been focusing greatly on restructuring my life's foundation day by day; in which case this can Indeed apply to a variety of areas. A feeling of continual determination is present; also that of a deep exhaustion from worklife and humanity in general. Ultimately, this being is surviving and striving forward.

Welcome to club :hello:. Getting stable platform is hardest but once you get rest is easier. I am more happy than I was at beginning of end (read social media outburst)

7 hours ago, XP-x64-Lover said:

.. A feeling of continual determination is present...

Awesome! Don't lose that determination. Sometimes its hard to find energy when life beats us down at every turn, its not so much about falling down (we all do), rather, how long we stay down. Find the burst and get back up to fight another day. Aside from the exhaustion you do sound focused. 

Best wishes and happy holidays to you ;)

Edited by XPerceniol

How I survived a year of SHTF in 90s Bosnia

No electricity, no food, no running water, no law. In a now legendary forum thread, a user named Selco tells preppers about his experiences and what he and his family did to stay alive.

November 6, 2014

In September of 2011, a user named selco joined the forums at SurvivalistBoards.com and posted “my shtf expirience-wartime,” a thread that would since become legendary in survivalist communities and beyond — in fact, you frequently see people reference it to this day in communities like 4chan and reddit. In it, Selco details his experience of living in a besieged Bosnian town of 50 to 60k people during the Bosnian War (1992-1995). The siege took away everything modern humans take for granted and tested with extreme brutality Selco’s and his community’s ability to survive.

But what is so interesting about this war story is that it was told to a group of survivalists (preppers) who had questions — lots of questions. How does barter work and which survival strategies are worthless bunk? How were the social dynamics when everyone realized there was no law? What really happens and what kind of tricks do people actually get up to to get by when faced with, essentially, the apocalypse?

Selco’s first post:

OK, i wanna share with you my own experience. (be patient with my English, i am from far away )

I am from Bosnia, and as some of you may know it was hell here from 92-95, anyway, for 1 whole year i lived and survived in a city of 50 000- 60 000 residents WITHOUT: electricity, fuel,running water,real food distribution, or distribution of any goods, or any kind of organized law or government.The city was surrounded for 1 year and in that city actually it was SHTF situation.

We did not have organized army or police force, there was groups of defenders, actually anybody who had a gun, fight for his own house and his own family.

Some of us was better prepared, but most of families had food for couple of days, some of us had pistol, few owned AK-47 when all started.

Anyway, after one month or two, gangs started with their nasty job,hospital looked like butchery, police force vanished, 80 percent of hospital staff gone home.
I was lucky, my family was big in that time (15 members in one big house, 5-6 pistols, 3 Kalashnikov s) so we lived and survived, most of us.

I remember US Air force dropped MRE every 10 days (god bless USA for that) as help for surrounded city, it just was not enough.Some of houses had little gardens with some vegetables, most did not.
After three months rumors started abouth first deaths from starvation,deaths from low temperatures, we stripped every door , window frame from abandoned houses for heating, i burned all my own furniture for heating, lot of people died from diseases, mostly from bad water (two of my family members), we used rain water for drink, several times i ate pigeons, once i ate rat.

Money did not worth sh..

we traded things, black market worked, few examples: for 1 corned beef can you could have woman for couple of hours(sounds bad, but it was reality) i remember, most of that womans were just desperate mothers, candles, lighters,antibiotics,fuel,batteries, rifle ammo and of course food, we fight like animals for that.
In situation like that lot of things change, most of people turned to monsters, it was ugly.
Strength was in the numbers, if you were alone in the house, you ve been probably robbed and killed, no matter how well armed.

Anyway, war ended, again thanks to America (and again god bless USA for that)
It is not important witch side had right in that war.

It was almost 20 years ago, but believe me, for me it was just like yesterday, i remember everything, and i think i learned a lot.

Me and my family are prepared now,i am well armed, stocked and educated.
It is not important what going to happen, earthquake,war, tsunami,aliens terrorists, important thing is that something gonna be.

And from my expirience, you can not survive alone, strength is in the numbers, be close with your family, prepare with them, choose your friends wisely and prepare with them too.

And at the end, this is my first post, and my English is not so good, so don t judge me too hard. ”

- read the whole article herehttps://lulz.com/surviving-a-year-of-shtf-in-90s-bosnia-war-selco-forum-thread-6265/

- Found it here: https://nitter.net/LauraFo63430334/status/1471419798437441544#m

"This could be the most important read of your lifetime."

Edited by msfntor