The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

3 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

meant qecko is more of night animal and mostly comes out when dark. It stays up around same time. There is artificial lights to keep it sleeping routing way it is awake with owners.

Iguana is a predator , it sleeps at night . Geckos are very nice too.

About the lamps , yes , I also have them to deliver more UV during the Dutch winters , a couple of hours per day max. 

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

Iguana is a predator , it sleeps at night . Geckos are very nice too.

About the lamps , yes , I also have them to deliver more UV during the Dutch winters , a couple of hours per day max. 

here we need uv lamp too and also geckos need warm rock for few hours a day that is heated with uv lamp. They go and rest there like they would in sun on nature

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

Yes , true . I wouldn't do it now .

A NOTE . 

their Iguana has a broken nose . That may happen when they walk right throuh an object during the mating season ,  a wall , a window

my family member gecko used to have trait to miss it living food (it is served with moving bugs once a day to keep natural hunting up) and smash nose first to rock. Surprised she did not broke anything. Also she did not like wheel placed on cage and kept climb to rock wall until it was taken away.

46 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Something special for you: The Smallest Parrot you have ever seen - Tiny egg rescue: 

surprised that so small parrot was able to be grow without mother. That is way smaller than budgie eggs I have seen hatching. Feeding formula is important on handfeeding and keeping good hygiene. You need boil formula mix and cool it down and disinfect hands before handling baby budgie. They got no immune system and any bacteria can be lethal.

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

21 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

here we need uv lamp too and also geckos need warm rock for few hours a day that is heated with uv lamp. They go and rest there like they would in sun on nature

my family member gecko used to have trait to miss it living food (it is served with moving bugs once a day to keep natural hunting up) and smash nose first to rock. Surprised she did not broke anything. Also she did not like wheel placed on cage and kept climb to rock wall until it was taken away.

Poor lizard ! Though this can't be compared to walking through the walls , lol . Yes , iguanas can do that . You will end up with a hole in your wall or window. Some don't like mirrors as well.

UV lamps are not for heating . It's for boosting the appetite , mating instincts and creating vitamins from UV lights (at least igunas can do it). For heating I use warm layouts and ordinary lamps (painted in red). Also , you need to give some time under real sun , esp. during summers . Not much ! Watch out for overheating ! If your lizard's skin is darker than usual , it needs heating and vice versa , very simple. Better to monitor temps with a thermostat . It's usually no more than 28 degrees ambient for Iguanas , I don't know about Geckos .

Every lizards has a different set of character , they can also be moody because they are very intelligent . 

I once had a pet iguana, 6ft long with perfect nuchal, dorsal, and caudal spines.

Lack or ogrinality, I named it Iggy.

We had a sand volleyball court at the apartment complex and I was out walking Iggy on a leash.

A kid scared it and it hiked up on its rear legs and started running so fast that I dropped its leash.

The parents of the child was so impressed that they offered me $600 on the spot for a pet that I paid $300 for only six months earlier.

So I sold Iggy.

My mom still makes fun of me, "That's why you don't have any kids, you'd sell them to the highest bidder."

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

THE first thing I do when I arrive at the vacation spot every year, is to go 4 kilometers away to collect as many tadpoles as possible from a small hole barely filled with water, which evaporates quickly, and is mostly drunk by foxes and other animals (with tadpoles, oh horror!). I carry these tadpoles to release them in the stream below the garden, but I think that many of them are then killed by the birds... maybe some survive, I hope...
It is with joy that I found someone who is interested in tadpoles, and made the videos, example for you here:

The process of making friends with tadpoles

- and I want to tell you another story:

I had a unique friend: the Asian giant hornet, who had his life saved by me taking him out of the water, where he almost drowned being in it for a long time surely... fortunately I arrived in time to save him! And help him to dry himself...he expressed his gratitude, by putting himself on my hand, with visible pleasure! I swear to you. I showed the giant hornet on my hand to a person who was a little horrified...I really like Asian giant hornets and if I see any, I feed them as I can... 

The Asian giant hornet (vespa mandarinia) - 1.5 inches to 2 inches in length with an orange-yellow head and black and yellow stripes on its abdomen.
...unexpectedly I found someone interested in black wasps, and the nice video is here:

The Process Of Making Friends With a Wasp

And you, have you had similar meetings in your life?.

23 hours ago, msfntor said:

Does your iguana bite you.. from time to time?.:dubbio:

No , it knows I'm his master . It knows its name . It hears when I call it (him) by its name over a very long distance ! There was one incident when it wanted to go , but I was holding him and didn't let go , so it bit me very gently (a soft touch , just to warn me). It just wanted to go . It's a very powrful creature ! Definitely not for everyone .

The size is approx. like this one from the video below. As you can see from the video , they are very calm and self-confident . They just know you're not a threat, you would be too weak for them , lol  . But when they are small , they are somewhat afraid of you , so if you scare them , yes they can run away or whip you with the tail ! None of these had happened with me for all these 17 years. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6HBK9A-r6Y

It's a serious commitment , think twice before you decide to get an Iguana.

EDIT : Agree with @msfntor, applies to every pet ! Also , Iguana size drastically changes and you need to be prepared .

Edited by Dixel

22 hours ago, Dixel said:

Poor lizard ! Though this can't be compared to walking through the walls , lol . Yes , iguanas can do that . You will end up with a hole in your wall or window. Some don't like mirrors as well.

how much your iguana costed you on wall repairs :buehehe:?

UV lamps are not for heating . It's for boosting the appetite , mating instincts and creating vitamins from UV lights (at least igunas can do it). For heating I use warm layouts and ordinary lamps (painted in red). Also , you need to give some time under real sun , esp. during summers . Not much ! Watch out for overheating ! If your lizard's skin is darker than usual , it needs heating and vice versa , very simple. Better to monitor temps with a thermostat . It's usually no more than 28 degrees ambient for Iguanas , I don't know about Geckos .

most geckos need heated rock with uv light to rest since will simulate the natural resting in sunlight for them. They spend most of time in dark ares and temperature must be bit over normal room temp (20c) and in winter you cant ventilate that room to avoid freezing your lizard.

Exotic animals are very prone to cold and right now we got -22c and dropping so that must be taken in consideration.

Every lizards has a different set of character , they can also be moody because they are very intelligent . 

they are very intelligent since they know to come out when they hear familiar voice and will come closer to wall when they see familiar face. Also they know when is feeding time and come out when that happens even if food is not ready. They got very good memory for that sized animal.

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

My mom still makes fun of me, "That's why you don't have any kids, you'd sell them to the highest bidder."

I almost spit my morning coffee to monitor when saw this :roll1:

4 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

most geckos need heated rock with uv light to rest since will simulate the natural resting in sunlight for them. They spend most of time in dark ares and temperature must be bit over normal room temp (20c) and in winter you cant ventilate that room to avoid freezing your lizard.

Exotic animals are very prone to cold and right now we got -22c and dropping so that must be taken in consideration.

These temps are OK for most lizards , I think . The room temps are just fine . What I meant you can't go over 28 degress (celsius) It's the absolute max.

BTW , my room temp is 18 at max. , lol . I keep "hot" spots for the lizard all over the house, though . 

Not all exotic animals , I used to have parrots and they are absolutely fine with low temps, if there's no direct wind . They just eat much more , lol.

In case you didn't know , we don't consider them exotic in Holland.

5 hours ago, Dixel said:

I used to have parrots and they are absolutely fine with low temps, if there's no direct wind . They just eat much more , lol.

In case you didn't know , we don't consider them exotic in Holland.

In my city, I frequently saw a parrot, who came on the windowsill of an old lady to ask noisily for his food, every day at the same time, every day... but he does not come anymore... I hope he has found his little heartmate elsewhere.