The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

8 hours ago, D.Draker said:

My Third Tour to Ukraine is indefinitely delayed, 'cause I finally made MK11 work on Vista !

I like the first part of your sentence, but then... what is this: MK11... and Vista... ??? Is it hot?:crazy: LOL

Yes, calm down a bit, and follow the activities of MK11.. install an extension? why not

Edited by msfntor

Rise in middle-aged white ‘deaths of despair’ may be fueled by loss of religion, new research paper argues

On MarketWatch.com, Last Updated: Jan. 17, 2023 at 9:16 a.m. ET.

By Steve Goldstein

So-called deaths of despair such as from suicide or alcohol abuse have been skyrocketing for middle-aged white Americans.

It’s been blamed on various phenomenon, including opioid abuse. But a new research paper finds a different culprit — declining religious practice.

The working paper, from Tyler Giles of Wellesley College, Daniel Hungerman of the University of Notre Dame, and Tamar Oostrom of The Ohio State University, looked at the relationship between religiosity and mortality from deaths of despair. The paper was circulated by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

The authors noted that many measures of religious adherence began to decline in the late 1980s. They find that the large decline in religious practice was driven by the group experiencing the subsequent increases in mortality: white middle-aged Americans without a college degree....

MORE: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/deaths-of-despair-may-be-driven-by-loss-of-religion-new-research-paper-argues-11673876749

16 hours ago, msfntor said:

I like the first part of your sentence, but then... what is this: MK11... and Vista... ??? Is it hot?:crazy: LOL

Yes, calm down a bit, and follow the activities of MK11.. install an extension? why not

Yes, a very hot and blood thirsty PC game for Windows Vista (which was blocked from running there, and I hacked it).

Calm down about what ?

13 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Guessing:

• Mortal Kombat 11
  • Windows Vista

1 - Yes.

2 - Yes.

I have no sound in the game because it wants me to install DX9 (!) 9.0b or c from 2000, why do I need it, I don't understand.

The game itself runs on DX11.1 and I have a dedicated gaming sound card based on DX11.0.

Will you help me with making a portable sound fix ? thank you !

On 1/19/2023 at 1:06 AM, D.Draker said:

My Third Tour to Ukraine is indefinitely delayed, 'cause I finally made MK11 work on Vista !

Actually it would be more like the Fourth. 1st I was heating up, second - self inflicted injury (not due to clumsiness) - so it was shorter (not full).

The 3rd one - very adventorous and I liked it. But MK 11 on Vista, I couldn't live without it ! The reds would have to wait.

Maybe I'll not go there anymore at all. It's a quite expensive adventure. But I'll not tell for sure, let them live in fear ...

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

And what do you guys think ?

I think, and I'm a bit worried, about the twists and turns in my head, it almost makes me fall when I get up for the first time... it's new, since 3 days. I feel as if my brain is spinning in my head when I'm getting up and I almost lose my balance... And I'm careful not to stand up too quickly. Maybe it's because my little pillow isn't positioned properly and sometimes hurts my neck.

But maybe you would prefer me to talk about games... I don't like electronic games, I've never played them, I don't like artificial representations of characters doing things that are impossible for real people to do, I think it's stuff for children and a waste of time instead of doing something useful in our unique lives, sorry... So you get into the artificial, and then you lose your only time in the real, in life... sorry.  The difference is like the difference between a real woman and a doll. That's what I think.
And you, what do you think about all this?

About

- from Genius 

Accompanied by the release of her project written and recorded during the lockdown due to COVID-19, “cardigan” is the lead single from Taylor Swift’s eighth studio album, folklore.

Its music video — which was written and directed by Taylor and shot during the COVID-19 pandemic — finds Taylor shifting through different places by the magic of playing the piano. She revealed in a Tweet that everyone who was on-set took extra precautions to prevent the spread of the virus:

The entire shoot was overseen by a medical inspector, everyone wore masks, stayed away from each other, and I even did my own hair, makeup, and styling.

“cardigan” is believed to be the first part of folklore’s “Teenage Love Triangle,” told from the point of view of Betty. The storyline is followed by “august” and “betty.” Swift explained in a livechat the night of folklore’s release:

There’s a collection of three songs I refer to as The Teenage Love Triangle. These three songs explore a love triangle from all three people’s perspectives at different times in their lives.

What have the artists said about the song?

by Genius Answer2 contributors

Prior to the release of the music video, Swift hosted a live Q&A in which she explained the meaning of “cardigan”.

The song is about a lost romance and why young love is often fixed so permanently within our memories. Why it leaves such an indelible mark.

She elaborated to BBC Radio 1:

This is a song that’s about long lost love, and looking back on it and how special it made you feel, all the good things it made you feel, all the pain that it made you feel.

Responses at other questions are here, with lyricshttps://genius.com/Taylor-swift-cardigan-lyrics#about

Taylor Swift - The Making of 'cardigan'

Edited by msfntor
highlightings, video added

The FAA has very quietly tacitly admitted that the EKGs of pilots are no longer normal. We should be concerned. Very concerned.

After the vaccine rolled out, the FAA secretly widened the EKG parameter range for pilots so they wouldn't be grounded. It looks like the vax gave at least 50M Americans heart damage.

Steve Kirsch

Jan 17

a7793af1-fa54-41f4-a1ff-9d91950ccc49_160

The FAA just telegraphed the fact that a substantial number of airline pilots have had serious heart damage from the COVID vaccine by widening the ECG parameters for pilots.

Special thanks

I was tipped off about this story by Josh Yoder at US Freedom Flyers. Please consider making a donation on their website. Thanks!

Update 1/17/22

When asked about the change, the FAA couldn’t justify it. Uh oh. Fact checkers aren’t going to touch this story.

f610233f-18f9-438f-a495-3e870b63e65f_597

Update 1/18/23

Vaccines are the leading causes of coincidences it seems. I just received this note:

Steve, I am a 66 yr old commercial aviator with no previous heart problems. On Jan 6, my first class medical was deferred, due to 2nd AB block, Mobitz type 2 (see picture of EKG with diagnosis). I am asymptomatic. 

I received both Moderna injections (March&April 2021). No booster. 

I am an ex endurance athlete (road bike racer) and do not and have not taken any routine medication)

I’m awaiting an appointment with. Cardiologist next week. 

Coincidentally, my wife suffered a severe heart attack in May 2021, 8 days after her first Moderna injection. She had no previous history of heart problems. 

Thanks for your writing!

Executive summary

In the October 2022 version of the FAA Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners, the FAA quietly widened the EKG parameters beyond the normal range (from a PR max of .2 to unlimited). And they didn’t widen the range by a little. They widened it by a lot. It was done after the vaccine rollout.

This is extraordinary. They did it hoping nobody would notice. It worked for a while. Nobody caught it.

But you can’t hide these things for long.

This is a tacit admission from the US government that the COVID vaccine has damaged the hearts of our pilots. Not just a few pilots. A lot of pilots and a lot of damage.

The cardiac harm of course is not limited to pilots.

My best guess right now is that over 50M Americans sustained some amount of heart damage from the shot.

That’s a lot of people who will be very upset when they realize the vaccine they took to reduce their chance of dying from COVID actually worked in reverse making it:

More likely that people will get COVID

Be hospitalized from COVID and other diseases

Die from COVID (and other diseases)

You also have an excellent chance of getting a lifetime of heart damage for no extra charge....

MORE: https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/the-faa-has-very-quietly-tacitly

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

I think, and I'm a bit worried, about the twists and turns in my head, it almost makes me fall when I get up for the first time... it's new, since 3 days. I feel as if my brain is spinning in my head when I'm getting up and I almost lose my balance... And I'm careful not to stand up too quickly. Maybe it's because my little pillow isn't positioned properly and sometimes hurts my neck

Hope you feel better soon and could be the pillow. I also don't stand up too quickly and I sit up first and then when I'm ready I stand up and only when I'm ready I start moving.

Beautiful Relaxing Music • Peaceful Piano Music & Guitar Music | Sunny Mornings by @PederBHellandMusic

by Soothing Relaxation

214,568,444 views Oct 7, 2018 #relaxingmusic #relax #soothingrelaxation

Beautiful relaxing music by Peder B. Helland. Enjoy peaceful piano music and guitar music ("Sunny Mornings" ) with birds singing in the background. Stream or download music from Soothing Relaxation: https://soothingrelaxation.lnk.to/lis... 💿 Track information: Title: Sunny Mornings Composer: @PederBHellandMusic Index: ★151 Album: Sunny Mornings

Follow Peder B. Helland on... Website: https://pederbhelland.lnk.to/websiteYL Facebook: https://pederbhelland.lnk.to/facebookYL Instagram: https://pederbhelland.lnk.to/instagramYL Listen to more relaxing music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Message from the composer and creator of Soothing Relaxation: "I am a composer from Norway and I started this channel with a simple vision: to create a place that you can visit whenever you want to sit down and relax. I compose music that can be labeled as for example: sleep music, calm music, yoga music, study music, peaceful music, beautiful music and relaxing music. I love to compose music and I put a lot of work into it. Thank you very much for listening and for leaving feedback. Every single day I am completely astonished by all your warm support and it really inspires me to work even harder on my music. If you enjoy my work, I would be very happy if you decided to subscribe and join our community. Have a wonderful day or evening!" - Peder B. Helland, composer for Soothing Relaxation © Copyright: Music composed by Peder B. Helland.

Soothing Relaxation

8 hours ago (edited)

Welcome to Soothing Relaxation! My name is Peder B. Helland and I compose music for relaxation. This track is called "Sunny Mornings". What do you think? Have a wonderful day 10-hour version without bird sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WVXk0Gz66E