Any software that performs like aero glass?

cloverman2

On 12/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, uk58 said:

As long as only the buttons are terrible, it doesn't matter, but there should be other things that can also look terrible :rolleyes:

grafik.thumb.png.1034cdcd042e4f660d9f5c0170997909.png

grafik.thumb.png.2c751c4e1b90b35d33001fee8918ee35.png

I hope this doesn't look so bad to you  :hello: I replaced the buttons after the bitter criticism:buehehe::worship:

Dear Uk58,

please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.
I guess I'd try my luck with it if I had the time and patience.
Is it really not possible to make different sized caption buttons in Curtains like those in WindowBlinds?

4 hours ago, uk58 said:

i have no problem with Stardock Software i have 32 GB Ram, 8 GB Grafic Card, Intel 7 for me this is not bloatware

Bloatware is bloatware no matter how you slice it or what your pc runs. Stardocks software is a total waste of pc resources.

3 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

Bloatware is bloatware no matter how you slice it or what your pc runs. Stardocks software is a total waste of pc resources.

image.png.b167748e906b9b7adeff6194d29883a5.png

Stop talking. This is the cpu and memory usage that Stardock Curtains is using right now as I'm writing this post. If you call that bloatware, you have no business using a computer.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:37 AM, raiden89 said:

Ehhh the buttons are still not the correct size. They just look like Win7's buttons stretched out. Still some more work to do on them. I'm picky about the themes I use lol, thats why I post the criticism. Luckily I found a theme I like that didnt take any work to change anything. Just kept Win10's buttons but adds transparency. Easy. Curtains is amazing.

Could you possibly post a screenshot are provide a link to the theme you found. I too am looking for a replacement to aeroglass and rather have the Win 10 buttons + transparency. I have been following/looking at the various screenshots posted in threads and there was always something that wasn't quite right. I'll probably end up using Curtains so the theme search continues...

On 12/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, eyeofthebeholder said:

Could you possibly post a screenshot are provide a link to the theme you found. I too am looking for a replacement to aeroglass and rather have the Win 10 buttons + transparency. I have been following/looking at the various screenshots posted in threads and there was always something that wasn't quite right. I'll probably end up using Curtains so the theme search continues...

https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/curtains/126/ This is what I use.

• 4 weeks later...

You can change the size of the buttons in Windows itself. No need to let the theme do it. That was kind of the beauty of Aeroglass. Almost everything you needed and wasn't in windows you could finally tweak while adding the blur. Then combined with Windows and it was very good. Unfortunate part is is that I paid for this product when it was basically already out of date for the latest Windows. I guess I could use it for like 1-2 months or so.

For more information: https://winaero.com/how-to-reduce-title-bar-height-and-size-of-window-buttons-in-windows-10/